• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Clutch issue

Ahcoraj

Hey guys, I have a clutch issue that's not quite like anything else anything else that I found in the search. 2003 with 40k miles. The bike had been sitting For the last year or so, i was starting every 2 to 3 months and running it around the block. I parked it in June , came back a couple weeks ago and found A puddle on the floor that turned out to be clutch fluid. Rebuilt the slave cylinder, Refilled the reservoir, bled the lines, But still the clutch won't engage. The lever feels like a limp fish.
I'm not sure if it's normal but it felt like I was moving the clutch rod as I was tightening the screws on the screws on the slave cylinder. Does anyone have any ideas as to where to look next?
Please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:
Probably air trapped. You might start with bleeding at the master cylinder and going from there.