• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Clutch won't bleed

chefjfuzz

Hey, all.

I am stuck trying to bleed my clutch line and any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've installed a new set of HeliBars. The installation went well and everything is done except bleeding the clutch. The brake line bleed went smoothly. There is a new bleed nipple at the end of the 6" clutch line extension that comes with the Helibar kit. I can't seem to get any fluid to come out when I try to bleed the line. I am hesitant to remove the bottom fairing to try and gravity bleed the system. If I can't get fluid out 6" from the reservoir, why would anything come out at the bottom?

Is the position of the banjo important, or will it bleed in any position?20240320_135607.jpg20240320_135557.jpg20240320_135554.jpg20240320_135547.jpg

Compression washers are all new.
Torques are all correct
I'm using a brake bleeding kit and am getting plenty of draw pressure in the line.
Brake fluid is clean.

I had this problem after removing the master cylinder for a rebuild. The problem turned out to be the way I reinstalled the lever. The little pin that pushes into the master cyl was not seated correctly. The lever operated just fine, but it was barely engaging. Once corrected, clutch feel was back in about 10 pumps.

I had this problem after removing the master cylinder for a rebuild. The problem turned out to be the way I reinstalled the lever. The little pin that pushes into the master cyl was not seated correctly. The lever operated just fine, but it was barely engaging. Once corrected, clutch feel was back in about 10 pumps.
Thanks, I'll give this a look tomorrow.

Are u getting anything out of the bleed nipple of the master ? I see by the pics u have its cover off...

Are you using a vacuum pump and did you try working the lever while pulling vacuum? When I took mine apart to clean it was a PITA to get it bled but it finally happened! I just did my Valkyrie clutch master but bench bled it first, saves on aggravation.