• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Colorado Springs, CO Wrenching Session, Lunch, & Ride 19 March 2016

Colorado COG Members,

Saturday Wrenching Session, Lunch and Ride at Little Joe's in Colorado Springs, CO.
Date: 19 March 2016
Location: Little Joe's Garage aka Mike Landon - 8045 Pinoak Court, Colorado Springs CO 80920 Cell (719) 201-4123
Times: Garage will be open at 0830 until 1300 hours or when you’re finished wrenching and ready for lunch....
Lunch: From 1300 to 1400 hours, have Jimmy Johns subs for lunch delivered.
Ride begins 1400 hours until you go your own way off to home.
Ride details:  Colorado Springs to Sedalia via scenic Hwy 105, go East on Hwy 85 to Franktown, go south on Hwy 83 and close the loop back to the Springs.

Weather permitting, if it’s snowing and cold (lower that 45 degrees) we'll have to do it another date. 

All times are approximate as Flexibility is the key to Air Power!

General Maintenance Items:
Oil & Filter Changes
Chasing Electrical Issues, my Driving lights & Switch
Fork Seals Replacements
brakes
Removal of California Emissions System
Brakes

I'm not a mechanic and don't have as many tools as I'd like, bring any specialty tools you may need to wrench with.

Event Registration:  https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=231614&mo=3&tDate=%7Bd%20%272016%2D03%2D07%27%7D

LJ

Way to go Mike and Thank You  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug: Here ya go Colorado folks. Get on out there and meet some great folks! Pick up some tips and tricks. And get a little ride in to boot  :great:

Sounds good, Let's hope the weather holds out.
Should I bring my gun's Little Joe?    :violent-smiley-007:

Well, weather permitting, and if I can get a @#$!@#$! exhaust gasket in time, I will be there.
Nothing to wrench on, besides maybe tracking down grip heater problem.  But cant wait to put faces to names.

:beerchug:

Speedratchet,

Guns welcome, not much to shoot at, occasional rabbit in the yard, popo may take exceptions to loud noises.

Mark,

WILCO on the pictures.

Graphicjunkie,

Weather Forecast a little sketch right now, we're still on though!

https://weather.com/weather/5day/l/80920:4:US

LJ

There will be a special appearance by Jeff Farris from Whisper Performance.  He will be on hand for those mechanically less inclined  (myself mostly) and any tough questions any of you may have! 

LJ

My "definite maybe "has become a certain "no".
GF will be taking me up to Central City this weekend - and that's going to take priority.
Have fun wrenching! 
Or - I'll keep an eye out for a reschedule based upon Mother Nature's lack of cooperation.

Definite no for me too.  Realized my son has a basketball tournament this weekend....  I can't keep up.  lol.

Besides, it sounds like the weather isn't going to hold up either. 

:'(

Well, the weather is not looking good for the home team for tomorrow's Wrenching session here in Colorado Springs.  We have 2 inches of snow this morning with more on the way, but the high temp for tomorrow is only going to be 35.  I'm throwing in the towel for tomorrow.

I'm in negotiations with my better half to see if we can wrench next Saturday the 26th.

More to follow later today.

LJ

Daaaang.....Wait until the following weekend!!  C'mon!!! 

This weekend was Basketball Tourney  =  BUST
Will be in Mexico Next weekend =  BUST
But the following weekend?  =  :)

Springtime in the Rockies Wins!

Saturday 25 March 2016 weather forecast is for 90% chance of SNOW, 1-3 inches, and a high temp of 34 degrees!

I have youngest daughter's morning soccer match 2 April and that is that.......

I'm checking to see if 9 April is available or not with my loving wife, maybe she'll see this and say yes......

I'll let you know, keep checking this bat channel to see we ever get together.

LJ 

Little Joe said:
Springtime in the Rockies Wins!

Saturday 25 March 2016 weather forecast is for 90% chance of SNOW, 1-3 inches, and a high temp of 34 degrees!

I have youngest daughter's morning soccer match 2 April and that is that.......

I'm checking to see if 9 April is available or not with my loving wife, maybe she'll see this and say yes......

I'll let you know, keep checking this bat channel to see we ever get together.

LJ
Mike, Really appreciate you guy's trying to get this put together. I'll cancel on the calendar for current and you good folks let me know how and when and how to support. Again, Great job! Sometimes Ma Nature just don't wanna.  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug:

Working from home today due to a FREAKIN' BLIZZARD in the Denver area.  Can't see 100yds out my back window - maybe not even 50yds.
This - after I was able to ride Connie to/from work yesterday (temps in the 70s and still in the 50s at 10PM).
Grrr.
Spring-time in the Rockies!

70 in Denver (yesterday) can only mean one thing...you will pay tomorrow. The trees are pissed.

IMG_20160323_104940884_zpsoyc3lofo.jpg

IMG_20160323_055148703_zpsao91rfsy.jpg

I grew up in Denver and don't miss those late snows. You could water ski one day and snow ski the next. Doesn't look like its changed much.

Little Joe -

We have some good weather forecast. Are you planning to try setting up a wrench session again?  >:D

denver6,

Currently looking over the calendar for an open date, I'd like to have one sooner than later, will consult with my better half and make a decision soon.

LJ 

Alright Colorado Coggers,

I have the green light to try again and host this Wrenching/Lunch/Ride session for Saturday the 23rd of April!

Please let me know if there is any interest out there!!

LJ

Little Joe said:
Alright Colorado Coggers,

I have the green light to try again and host this Wrenching/Lunch/Ride session for Saturday the 23rd of April!

Please let me know if there is any interest out there!!

LJ
Bye golly the stubbornness of the SW COG group! How the West got settled for sure. Snow? Bah! I'll get changed up on the calendar. Again, please let me know how SWCOG can support.  :great: :beerchug:

Dang it!  I've got a pedicure scheduled for that morning, and the boots will just ruin the polish!  :eek:

Er...um...  nope.  That's not it.  :rotflmao:

But I did just check the calendar and I am already booked that day.  Such is life!

Y'all have a great time gettin' greasy fingers and such!

Tell the Bruces I said 'hi'!

I'm in for the 23rd. I'll bring TPMS batteries and a soldering iron if anyone wants to try TPMS battery change. Last time I tried an on-bike TPMS battery change, I was not able to do it. But here is a thread that explains how. Maybe someone else can break the bead with pistol grip clamps.

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php?topic=50597.0

See you there!  :beerchug:

Still on for Saturday? Weather is finally looking good!

:motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises:

Ok!  We are still on for Saturday the 23rd of April 2016, Weather is considerably improved from earlier this month.

Garage will be open 0830ish and coffee will be hot.

Keeping to Flexibility being the key to air power motto, we wrench till we're done, have some lunch and go for a ride!

8045 Pinoak Ct, Colorado Springs, CO 80920.  Briargate Subdivision

Latitude and Longitude to my door is 38.949930, -104.745423

LJ

Thanks for the hospitality Little Joe. It was just SpeedRachet, denver6 (me) and LittleJoe but it was fun just the same. Let's get together again and ride.  :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises:

Nice tech day Mike, I'm happy to report that his tools work just fine and the donuts we're new. Unfortunately
the ride did not happen due to Mike's bike getting sick after replacing the brake pads, weird! The engine must
have been jealous that It didn't get any attention. I understand that later that day Mike did find the bad spark plug and all is well. We'll get that ride in soon.

Thanks again Mike.      :great:

Technical difficulties were due to business travel, illness and me learning how to post pictures!  All that has been taken care of and here are the details and some pictures.

After 2 false starts (snow storms) on 9 and 16 of April we finally had our Colorado Wrenching, Lunch and Ride session on the 23rd.  Rob Jamison (denver6) showed up first and had the enormous task of turning around the band that tightened his aftermarket exhaust around so you couldn’t see the screw.  It sure did look better after words. He also looked down the barrel of his exhaust and figured he could also pull out the baffles to see if that made much difference in sound or performance.  I’m not sure it did in either case, jump in here Rob and let us know.  I went about changing my brake pads, both front and rear.  The rears were close to metal and I’m glad for that to be done for this new riding season.  Brad Bock (Speedratchet) showed up a little later, pulled his tank and installed his block off plates he’d gotten from Murph’s.  After bleeding my breaks and cleaning up we went to Jimmy Johns for lunch.  On the way, my bike began misbehaving and I feared would end my ride before it started!  Later I pulled the tank and found some water still in the #1 spark plug and was extremely rusted from a bath earlier in the week. I’m now a firm believer in sponge baths from now on…. So all in all I think the Colorado Wrenching, Lunch and Ride went off fairly well even with some minor glitches.  I really appreciate Rob and Brad coming out and we certainly will do it again as I have several other things I still need to do to my bike.  Here are a few pictures from our wrenching.

LJ

6th and final try......

Outstanding LJ! Thanks for hosting  :beerchug: Ya know Rob is the only man I've witnessed that has dragged his plastic and moved the hwy peg mount back on his bath tub bars from contact with the road W/O a crash. Had me shaking my head in amazement. Do me a favor? Send me a paragraph write up and some pics for the next Conc? Dan will make ya famous.  :great: ;)

LJ,

Jury is still out on the baffle (and so is the baffle). Since I can't tell if it is louder or not, I'll just leave it out. I don't think it "baffled" much. Sure love my hidden clamp bolt! Thanks for the work space.

Now its time to ride  :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: