• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Colorado to the RRRII - Planning

notsluggo

Crotch Rocket
If you're from Colorado, and are planning to attend the RRR Part Deux, here are my and Denver6's plans:
Leaving Friday, 9/16 AM (early) and slab it (I-70) to Green River, UT.
Just beyond Green River, head SW on 24 into Hanksville, UT.
From Hanksville - heading west through Capital Reef into Torrey for the night.
Saturday, we're going to meander down UT-12 through Boulder and Escalante, past Bryce, hop on 89 and 14, with the plan to end up in CC early afternoon.  Likely going to try Burr Road out of Boulder as it comes highly recommended.
We'll enjoy the grub / camaraderie in CC Saturday night and then slab it all the way back on Sunday.
Short weekend - lots of miles / smiles.
Anyone care to join the fun?

We always have room for another Bruce! And any other riders with other names. But especially riders whose alias is Bruce. We need to set a rendezvous point.

It's getting close enough that I am starting to get excited for another trip. I've ridden my bike to work everyday (except one) since I got back from the National. But I need another road trip.

:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Bruce -
Bruce and I will be staying at the Rim Rock Hotel in Torrey on Friday night.
You may (or may not) want to make a reservation at the same facility.  (They have a pair of eateries on-site.)

As for a meeting point - Bruce, you're the furthest west, why not pick something convenient to C-470 where we can gather at 0-dark-30.  (Time yet TBD.)

Glad to have you along, Bruce!

It'll be great to be back with the Bruceketeers again! I really wanted to do the national this year
but just couldn't make it work, I'll bet you guys had a great time.

I will put a call into the hotel in torrey and see if I can get a room. As far as a rendezvous point is
concerned anywhere is good for me, or if you want to do a breakfast and talk about it that's
fine too.

P.S. Any chance of talking the fourth Bruce into going?

Speedratchet said:
P.S. Any chance of talking the fourth Bruce into going?

If I can locate his e-mail address - you bet I'd shoot him a note!

BTW - out in Cortez last summer, Mike Burkey became an honorary Bruce. 

Well OK, I wasn't aware that you swore in Mike as another Bruce, that makes five now.
I have Bob's e-mail if you need it but we've only got one day left to register, maybe
we can get him in as a guest if he would like to come.
I have a room at the Rim Rock hotel so I think I'm up to speed on the hotels. Now if I can
get the cruse control installed on my bike before we go, I will be a happy camper!

Speedratchet said:
Well OK, I wasn't aware that you swore in Mike as another Bruce, that makes five now.
I have Bob's e-mail if you need it but we've only got one day left to register, maybe
we can get him in as a guest if he would like to come.
I have a room at the Rim Rock hotel so I think I'm up to speed on the hotels. Now if I can
get the cruse control installed on my bike before we go, I will be a happy camper!
You should be able to register until a day before the rally. If not let me know. Right now I'm trying to think of a theme song for when the Bruces ride into town.  :beerchug: :) Van Halen Happy trails? Rawhide? One of those classic John Wayne movie ballads by Ricky Nelson? Maybe some Joe Walsh?  :))

Bruce is out of town - touring the east coast (by car) with the lovely Margo and won't be getting back into town until the last day of the rally.
Plus - say's he's gettin' too old to ride long distances (says he gets sore).  Well duh - he's like 6'5" and riding a 650????

Still, we should have a breakfast ride 'fore the season ends and drag his a$$ out for that.

We don't need no stinkin' theme music.  But Australian accents are welcomed!  :))

Ah, no surprise that he's out wandering around with his lovely wife, We need closure for the
Bruce's short and illustrious run. I agree with you that we should drag him out for a ride
around his condo complex and then breakfast at the Carl's jr across the street. Funny how
he kept buying smaller bikes in the last year, maybe he was trying to tell us something.

For the new Bruce's maybe we should wear red sashes like the cowboys did in Tombstone
or maybe the fake arrow thru the head, what do you think?  :rotflmao:

Speedratchet said:
Ah, no surprise that he's out wandering around with his lovely wife, We need closure for the
Bruce's short and illustrious run. I agree with you that we should drag him out for a ride
around his condo complex and then breakfast at the Carl's jr across the street. Funny how
he kept buying smaller bikes in the last year, maybe he was trying to tell us something.

For the new Bruce's maybe we should wear red sashes like the cowboys did in Tombstone
or maybe the fake arrow thru the head, what do you think?  :rotflmao:
I'm thinking more Monty Pythonish. How 'bout some shrubbery? The Life of Bruce? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U01xasUtlvw

Ok, gents - we're just over a week away - how about meeting at the Valero station on the SE corner of Bowles and C-470 Friday morning with the intention of KSU @ 0630?  This will allow a final tank top-off and internal tank emptying prior to twisting the grip up I-70.
Hoping for better traveling weather than we had on the first half of the first day last time....
Any / all other riders traveling from Colorful Colorado are welcome to join!
:motonoises:  :motonoises:

notsluggo, (for those of us that aren't familiar with your area) how many miles is the loop that you ride?

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
notsluggo, (for those of us that aren't familiar with your area) how many miles is the loop that you ride?
Ted -
If you're meaning the route to CC and back, I'm guessing we'll finish out with between 1,200 and 1,300 miles for the three day weekend.
We will be on I-70 from Denver to Green River (UT) both directions - with the routes to/from there (Green River) varying on the way out and back.

Edit -
Actually, Ted, you got me curious.  So I went out to Google Maps -
Day 1, from my house to Torrey, UT will be 478
Day 2, Torrey to CC - 186
Day 3, CC back to my house - 677

Total of 1,341

Denver6, Speedrachet - there is a chance that Kennon K may be joining us.
Speed - did you book a room for two or just a king bed you and Kennon could share......  :rotflmao:

He's checking with SWMBO, but will let me know today.

Friday morning... tick tick tick.

Weather forecasts look great both ways!

I have a room with a king bed, I have been known to share with people that are
good at spooning. Hope he can get a room!

Yes, the weather for this trip is looking warmer and kinder than our last foray
to the Emerald city. All we have to do is follow the tar snakes!  :motonoises:

Bruce and Bruce,

Velero C-470 and Bowles works for me. KSU 0630 sharp.

As I mentioned to Bruce earlier, I need to take a short detour in Grand Junction to drop some things off with my step daughter. Might be a good place for lunch if it is not too early - I know a few spots. 

I have been too busy to get excited about this ride, but with only 4 nights left to sleep on it, I am ready to get ready. See you Friday.

Final word from KK yet?

Bruce

denver6 said:
Final word from KK yet?
KK is in!
He is aware of the meet corner, but I didn't tell him the station.  ::)
I sent a note to Bruce to see if there were room-share options - yet TBD.
KK knows the hotel we'll be using in Torrey.
Get yer knickers ready - we be ridin' this Friday!

Latest weather available for Vail pass and Eisenhower tunnel says we will miss the precipitation if we are past that area by about 10:30 AM Friday. That should be no problem with KSU at 0630. It will be cold though heading up into the high country. Looks like a low of 33 at around 7 AM for Eisenhower tunnel. Layers - we need layers.

denver6 said:
Latest weather available for Vail pass and Eisenhower tunnel says we will miss the precipitation if we are past that area by about 10:30 AM Friday. That should be no problem with KSU at 0630. It will be cold though heading up into the high country. Looks like a low of 33 at around 7 AM for Eisenhower tunnel. Layers - we need layers.

I might have to dig out my jacket's wind and cold liners.
Hoping to get into CC before 1:30 or so on Saturday - want to go by the college bookstore and add one of their sweatshirts to my collection.
KSU @ 0630 still works for me - planning to leave the house around 0530.  Per Maps - it's 38 minutes from my location.
Already lost interest in doing much more work this week - just thinking about riding....