• Forum Subscribers and COG Members, please be aware of policy changes put into effect due to action of the COG board of directors based on input from members. The new membership system makes it possible to implement these changes.

Forum Subscribers – Forum Subscribers get a six-month limited feature trial forum membership. Forum Subscribers Read the Details Here.

Members – Your full forum access is only in effect while your membership status is active. Members Read the Details Here

• FORUM NAME - If you are a COG Member and your user name does not match your name in the old forum or you just want a new one, you can now change it on your own. Read the Details Here

• If you are a current COG Member or Forum Subscriber and this is your first visit to our new site and forum, please go to www.concour.org and follow the instructions at the top of the page to activate your account and gain access to your site and forum.
  • Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Concours (C14) Fender Extenders Front and Rear

Blue One

Mini Bike
Industry Vendor
Lazarus said:
I'm interested in both a front and a rear as well if they're available. PM sent.

Got it and your order. Thanks and they'll be on the way shortly.

Larry.

scout

Bicycle
I wanted to see a picture of  the rear extender?  Could not see any on dialouges - have any pics, anyone? TY! -black 2012

Blue One

Mini Bike
Industry Vendor
scout said:
I wanted to see a picture of  the rear extender?  Could not see any on dialouges - have any pics, anyone? TY! -black 2012

Along with the pictures at the start of the thread, here is another one.
Larry.

Attachments

• Rearextender1.jpg
    Rearextender1.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 107

BCMC in LA

Moped
Forum Subscriber
I'm too lazy to go thru 19 pages of response, so I'll just ask...

Does the rear fender extender greatly interfere with rear tire changes? While  on the bike's centerstand, it's already a challenge to remove the rear wheel with the length of the STOCK rear fender...

Blue One

Mini Bike
Industry Vendor
Vic said:
I'm too lazy to go thru 19 pages of response, so I'll just ask...

Does the rear fender extender greatly interfere with rear tire changes? While  on the bike's centerstand, it's already a challenge to remove the rear wheel with the length of the STOCK rear fender...

The answer is, yes and no.

First of all how often would you remove the rear wheel at the side of the road, for me that would be never, if I can't plug a tire it's flatbed tow time for me.
So, yes in that situation it would be difficult.

In a shop for a tire change, it isn't  an issue, they use the drop out plate on the hoist to remove the rear tire.

At home in the garage you can put the center stand up on a piece of 2x6 and then tip the bike forward and remove the rear wheel.

Another way is to tip the bike forward and set the front fork ends on a milk crate ( when you have the front wheel off too for a tire change on both ends )

Anyway, for the most part it hasn't proven to be a big issue, and the payoff with the extra function of having a greatly improved rear fender is more than worth it. 

BCMC in LA

Moped
Forum Subscriber
^^^
Blue, that's a good suggestion, and one that makes me realize my problem solving skills are getting rusty in my old age!

MAN OF BLUES

I really like the looks of the one Blue One sells, but I can't see myself 'doctoring it surgically' to fit my bike currently, as I have a trailer hitch and brackets mounted.. which would impact it's usage 'as is'...

as it stands, it' is a bit "non P/C" to post stuff like this on an IM's for sale product page, so maybe it needs to be moved to C14 accessories, instead..

just a thought.
Knowing how much 'schmutz' my bike throws up on the rear trunk, I'd still opt for the original Blue One version, as it seems much wider, and more able to keep 'schmutz' off my trunk... and it looks good like it belongs there.

bowyerv

Tricycle
Bowyerv said:
Hello Larry. Sent you a PM last week for a set to Australia. Did you get it? ,😊
Many thanks for your contact. Order made, money paid. Here comes another set on its way to Aus  :beerchug:

smokin

Training Wheels
Bowyerv said:
Bowyerv said:
Hello Larry. Sent you a PM last week for a set to Australia. Did you get it? ,😊
Many thanks for your contact. Order made, money paid. Here comes another set on its way to Aus  :beerchug:

Well done Bowyerv,I only just now found the supplier of the fender extender,you are on the ball,outstanding.

mtnrider

I received mine yesterday (Wed) after being shipped Friday and they are on the bike. Glad to have the radiator protection and a lot less crud on the back end.

Thanks & great service Larry!

Leo

Blue One

Mini Bike
Industry Vendor
MtnRider said:
I received mine yesterday (Wed) after being shipped Friday and they are on the bike. Glad to have the radiator protection and a lot less crud on the back end.

Thanks & great service Larry!

Leo

You're welcome Leo, enjoy and ride safe.  Larry

mtnrider

I installed both fender extenders a month ago. I finally "had the chance" to ride in some decent rain yesterday on the way home, 10+ miles in the rain. The front one works like all front extenders thou it is longer than others so has more protection. As far as I know Larry's rear extender is the only one out there. Previously after riding in the rain the back of the bike was covered in dirty crap thrown up by the tire, especially the top case and its lock. With the rear extender the back of the bike was wet, of course, but very little evidence of dirt and other road crap on the back. It didn't look any worse than the rest of the bike's upper parts. I'm extremely happy with its performance.

Excellent product, Larry! Thanks!

Leo

sailor_rich

Hi Larry; Thanks for the quick responce and shipping of your front and rear extenders. I'm very pleased with the quality and protection.

Blue One

Mini Bike
Industry Vendor
Sailor Rich said:
Hi Larry; Thanks for the quick responce and shipping of your front and rear extenders. I'm very pleased with the quality and protection.

You're quite welcome, enjoy and ride safe.  :beerchug:

642mirage

Training Wheels
Went for spirited ride (130 miles) and due to the weather being hot/cold the farmers had really tracked up the roads with what came off of their tires (you can't fault them they are trying to take care of their cattle).  I was really glad to have this addition on my fender since it bought a little piece of mind over dirty roads at speeds that were …...happy.

hexrays

Good to hear. I have yet to install mine. Did you drill the fender or use some sort of adhesive, or both?

Blue One

Mini Bike
Industry Vendor
Hexrays said:
Good to hear. I have yet to install mine. Did you drill the fender or use some sort of adhesive, or both?

With my front and rear extenders, follow the instructions and you'll be fine.
The front one is glued on using ABS glue, (the front extender is made from ABS plastic as is the Kawasaki front fender) the rear must be riveted on with the supplied black pop rivets as per instructions (the Kawasaki rear fender is Polypropylene plastic and the extender is ABS so they can't be glued well)

As they say if all else fails read the instructions  :)    :beerchug:

Blue One

Mini Bike
Industry Vendor
I have the latest orders shipped out, thanks guys.

Molded and ready to go with the latest batch. Get them while they're hot  ;) 

Larry

Road Runner

SE USA - AAD
Blue One said:
Road Runner said:
Interesting as a rear fender from you may be my near future. Thx.

Ready whenever you are.  :great:

Thank you! Unfortunately, some urgent home repair expenses (e.g. leaky roof) have curbed some of my farkle $s for a bit ...  :mad:

Blue One

Mini Bike
Industry Vendor
Hi Guys, Just a reminder that I'm still offering these fender extenders.  Available and ready to go. 

:great:  Larry.

mtnrider

The back one is great,too. Really keeps the worst of the crud & filth off the back of the bike when riding is sloppy conditions.    :great:

Blue One

Mini Bike
Industry Vendor
Perfect time for you guys to order your fender extenders.
Mostly because I have time to make them  ;)

Hope everyone is doing well and you’re all safe.

KC 61

Mini Bike
Blue One said:
Shizzle said:
PM sent, no response

Not true, I always reply, your response went to you on the 20th.
It’s you who has made no response. :-[

That's the way to respond to potential customers. Yes, I got your response after 3 days and after I bought elsewhere.

Thanks

Blue One

Mini Bike
Industry Vendor
Shizzle said:
Blue One said:
Shizzle said:
PM sent, no response

Not true, I always reply, your response went to you on the 20th.
It’s you who has made no response. :-[

That's the way to respond to potential customers. Yes, I got your response after 3 days and after I bought elsewhere.

Thanks

No problem. Impatience gets you nowhere.

I always respond to messages but like everyone else life gets busy occasionally.

Rather than posting trying your best to make me look bad perhaps you should have acknowledged that I did in fact respond to you.

Just so everyone knows, he didn't have the decency to respond that he had received my message.

In the end it's your loss, my fender extenders are available only through me and since you bought elsewhere you bought inferior products.    :))