• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Concours (C14) Fender Extenders Front and Rear

Blue One

Mini Bike
Industry Vendor
I have designed my own fender extender for the C14.  I  vaccum mold them myself and they are longer and provide more coverage than any other currently available fender extender for the Concours.

They are made of black textured ABS plastic. The stock fender is ABS plastic as well. Installation involves removing the fender and gluing the extender on with ABS glue available in any plumbing supply or building supply such as Home Depot or Lowes.

The extender blends in well with the Concours styling and looks OEM.

It will protect your radiator from damage, and also protect the lower cowling and oil filter and pipes area.

The price is $45 US which includes mailing to your address.  If you want to order just send me a message and I can give you an address to send paypal payment to.

Take a look at the pictures.

An edit so that you will all understand this is not brand new, there are hundreds of my extenders out in service on Concours -GTR 14's all over the world. I noticed my other thread is still on here from before as well. The pictures will appear larger on that thread ! Or you can just click on these and they get bigger  ;)

Larry.

Attachments

• jpg1.jpg
    jpg1.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 1,456
gPink said:
Definitely a better design. Unfortunately I recently installed a different model. If you would consider a rear fender that has more coverage than the huggers that are available I would be interested. Good luck with you new design.

I also make a rear fender extender $60 US. It installs differently as the rear fender is made of Polypropylene plastic and nothing can be glued to it. So the rear extender is rivited in place and sealed inside with black RTV.

It looks good with the style of the bike and is a big improvement in the function of the rear fender. It helps keep the rear of the bike cleaner and drier in the rain as well it helps keep everything under the seat itself drier.
I have been told this by guys who have installed it, one in Ireland and one on  the island of Borneo (Malaysia) (Not the only ones out there !)

Attachments

• Concours rear fender 004.JPG
    Concours rear fender 004.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 1,443
  • Concours Rear fender 003.JPG
    Concours Rear fender 003.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 1,477
  • Concours rear fender 002.jpg
    Concours rear fender 002.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 1,149
Hello
I am interested in your article.
The price remains $ 60
I want to know the amount of shipping to Spain.
That way it would be possible payment?
Bank transfer or PAY-PAL
The payment method with which I usually work with the U.S. is through PAYPAL.

Waiting for your reply
Best regards from Melilla (North Africa) ^-^

Blue's extended, for the front, is amazing.  I cannot believe how much cleaner the radiator is. HUGE difference. Easy to mount, very secure, and barely noticeable when looking at the bike. It blends in well and goes un-noticed.

On a 1-5 scale, many parts rate 3 stars.  A few rate four. Some, like this extender,  make you feel bad the scale only goes to five.

What part of the Northwest are you in?

I just installed a rear Kawasaki mud flap to deal with the mess from the back, but this looks like it would have even more coverage.  Plus, putting the mud flap on your extension would make it even better.

If you are in the region, I'd like to see it on a bike.

I've got no responce, (PM & post) does anyone know if these are still available,or if he stopped making them, Thanks for any info. Kenneth

Junior said:
I've got no responce, (PM & post) does anyone know if these are still available,or if he stopped making them, Thanks for any info. Kenneth

Hey Kenneth. I thought I replied to you. Sorry if I didn't. Yes, they are still available front and rear. I'll PM you details.

Larry.

BlueOne,

Sorry for the off topic question,  but what rear tire are you running on your Concours.  The pictures show a tire I have not seen before on a Concours ?

Thanks

C1xRider said:
OK, I'll take that as a "No".

My aren't we sensitive  ;D  If you read the earlier posts your question was answered just not by me. 

I am in Edmonton Alberta.  Not sure if there is a bike with a rear extender installed in  your area that you could look at.

The pictures I posted show very well what the rear extender looks like on the bike and an extra mud flap would not be needed.

Larry.

Sensitive??  Ha!  I'm usually accused of just the opposite.  ;)

OK, so you are in Edmonton.  I guess I didn't think of that as being in the NW region, but then, where else could it be?  Even so, if you've been selling these to folks in the US, you might know of someone that bought one closer to me.  Just a thought.

I have a suspicion the pictures don't do it justice.  From the pictures, the rear extender has a look to it that, well, I'm not sure I like.  I thought if I saw one in person, on a bike, it would help.

C1, I felt the same way before ordering one of Blues extenders.  It is long, but I felt the protection factor was worth it.  In reality, the black, textured finish makes it hard to notice once its attached.  Plus, it stops everything from flying off the front tire.  I went through a fresh, tarred/gravel section yesterday. So bad I could her it hitting the fender.  I knew I woudl have a real mess once I got home.

I spent 30 minutes cleaning the back section of the bike. No time on the front as the extender blocked everything.

rcannon409 said:
C1, I felt the same way before ordering one of Blues extenders.  It is long, but I felt the protection factor was worth it.  In reality, the black, textured finish makes it hard to notice once its attached.  Plus, it stops everything from flying off the front tire.  I went through a fresh, tarred/gravel section yesterday. So bad I could her it hitting the fender.  I knew I woudl have a real mess once I got home.

I spent 30 minutes cleaning the back section of the bike. No time on the front as the extender blocked everything.

Thanks, but I'm looking at the rear extender.  I already have one on the front.  I've added a hugger, plus a mud flap to the end of the factory rear "fender", because the crap coming off the back tire is ridiculous.

Just got mine in the mail, exactly as long as Blue thought it would take.  Haven't even opened the box yet.

C1xRider said:
  From the pictures, the rear extender has a look to it that, well, I'm not sure I like. 

Yeah, I'm in agreement with you there. I'm not sure that anything that will work in the rain is going to look good in
the dry. I'm guessing that you aren't that thrilled with the way the mud flap is working either eh?.
What's needed here (like the automatic lowering seat in my "crap I can dream up that nobody will make dept.") is a retractable extender that
automatically extends when it gets wet.  ::)

...slightly off topic, I have Blue One's front extender and I'm very happy with it.

fartymarty said:
Yeah, I'm in agreement with you there. I'm not sure that anything that will work in the rain is going to look good in
the dry. I'm guessing that you aren't that thrilled with the way the mud flap is working either eh?.
What's needed here (like the automatic lowering seat in my "crap I can dream up that nobody will make dept.") is a retractable extender that
automatically extends when it gets wet.  ::)

...slightly off topic, I have Blue One's front extender and I'm very happy with it.

Actually the mud flap works great, but only inline with the tire.  The sides of the tire still splatters the insides of the bags, the mufflers (duals), and my feet.

I added the mud flap because my trunk lock was getting filled with crap, and seizing up.

The feedback I have gotten on the rear extender has been good. It is effective in stopping most of the crap that is thrown off the rear tire. The rediculous little triangular shaped piece of plastic Kawasaki put on there as a rear fender doesn't come close to being effective as you know.

The rear extender turns the rear fender into something more like a full coverage fender that a touring oriented bike should have. It may not look sleek and sporty and show the rear tire like that poor little stock fender, but it's a trade off in favor of function.

In any case I have made and sent out a great many front extenders, lesser numbers of the rear but most who have them like them.  It's kind of a love it or not kinda thing  with the rear one ;)

The front extender continues to be the best you can buy for the C14.

The rears are more difficult to mold than the front and I only make them as an order comes in.

Got my front fender extender. Did any of you guys that installed already,  use a primer with the abs glue or just glue? Also I roughed up the stock fender, do I need to rough up the extender for the glue to stick better?

I used Right Stuff on mine  worked great.  Been on there for 8000+ miles.  I cleaned both surfaces and skimmed on a layer of Right Stuff. 

No primer should be required, use only ABS specific glue designed for bonding ABS plastics together.

They are a type of solvent cement meaning that they slightly melt (chemically) the surfaces and bond them together almost like welding.

Using any other type of glue will not work properly as an extender may seem bonded in place but in some cases a slight impact of any sort will actually knock it off.

Using ABS glue however is permanent.

I put on another front ABS fender extender and it melted this summer when I was in KC during rush hour traffic and over 100 deg air temp.  It came within 1/8" of the tire.  Have you had any issues with yours when things get really hot?

TravelinBob said:
I put on another front ABS fender extender and it melted this summer when I was in KC during rush hour traffic and over 100 deg air temp.  It came within 1/8" of the tire.  Have you had any issues with yours when things get really hot?

No melting problems here.  I believe it is because of the thickness of the plastic I use which is a full 1/8" . It does thin slightly due to molding however another factor is the actual design of my extender which is strong because of the shape.

There are plenty of my extenders in service in some very hot parts of the world (Texas and Australia come to mind first  ;)  )  And there have been no problems like you have had.

If you are interested in my extender, your old one can be removed by gently heating inside the extender with a heat gun (being careful to not overheat and distort the fender itself)

When it's warm enough to weaken the glues bond you can peel the old extender off.
Then a little sanding of the inside will prep it for a new extender.

Hope that helps.
Larry.

Hi pal, my friend is back from States, received your fenders in perfect condition. 8)
Thanks for the nice photo instruction manual, two thumbs up!
Waiting to fix them on my Connie.
Regards,
Limsan (Singapore) :)

Limsan said:
Hi pal, my friend is back from States, received your fenders in perfect condition. 8)
Thanks for the nice photo instruction manual, two thumbs up!
Waiting to fix them on my Connie.
Regards,
Limsan (Singapore) :)

Glad to hear that. I made sure they got to the US address for you in time. You are now part of a large and growing family of Connie owners all over the world with my fender extenders. They are quite literally all over the world  , the list of countries is getting pretty long now and even includes The Island of Borneo (Malaysia)
Larry

Blue,

Please forward your ordering information.

Might be easier if you listed it in a new post so it would be on the first page?  (Just a thought.)

Thanks

EnsoniqDude said:
Blue,

Please forward your ordering information.

Might be easier if you listed it in a new post so it would be on the first page?  (Just a thought.)

Thanks

Will send you a PM. Most of the forums prefer that you do things through the private message system and sometimes I prefer it too. On occasion if a forum is open to the public and your contact info is posted you end up with tons of "male enhancement" ads and other assorted junk mail  :-\

Larry

With Christmas approaching, now might be the time to think about protecting that vulnerable radiator.  :)

In stock and ready to go  ;)

For those interested in Larry's fender extender, I purchased one about a year ago for my 2010 C14 and I love it!  It blends in nicely with the lower black cowling and blue paint.  More importantly, it protects the radiator without having to purchase an expensive radiator guard and keeps the radiator clean on long trips.  Far better than the shorter extenders!

Privateer said:
I believe I sent a PM. Never can tell ..... lol.

I want one! How do I pay for it ?

You sure did  :)  And I sent you one back telling you how to order via Paypal.

Larry.

Blue One said:
Privateer said:

Larry.

Paid for it. This is one of the best done extenders I've seen, and been looking at them since I wanted one for my ZX14.

So you say use ABS glue ?

Privateer said:
Blue One said:
Privateer said:

Larry.

Paid for it. This is one of the best done extenders I've seen, and been looking at them since I wanted one for my ZX14.

So you say use ABS glue ?

Yep, your extender is making it's journey to you as we speak.  You will see good pictures on your instructions for the installation. If you want to get the glue in advance go into the plumbing department at Home Depot or Lowes and look for the ABS glue. ABS is commonly used for household drainage pipe, (the black stuff) and the glue you need is what the plumbers use to hold the pipes together.

Larry

Roger that, have glue, have fender extender. Thanks for shipping it so fast !

Looks like its well made, and I'm sure it will find a good home soon.

This past Tuesday, a Kawasaki dealer in Frederick who is part of the COSTCO discount program called me up and asked if I wanted his black 2012 C14. I thanked him but I'm still waiting on my local dealer. For a place with 3 ichiban plaques I don't understand why its taking them so long to get the 2012 bikes locally. Must be coming by way of Hawaii or something. Soon (tm).

Hey Blue One,

Please PM me info on buying a rear fender extender.  I have the shorter extender and a Cox Racing radiator guard on the front of my 2010 C-14, but I would like to eliminate some of the mess on the rear when the roads are wet.  Your products look great! 

Conversy said:
Hey Blue One,

Please PM me info on buying a rear fender extender.  I have the shorter extender and a Cox Racing radiator guard on the front of my 2010 C-14, but I would like to eliminate some of the mess on the rear when the roads are wet.  Your products look great!

Thanks, will do.

Hi Blue One,

I received my rear fender extender today.  It should stop much of the crap that comes from the rear wheel. Thanks for the prompt service and the quality product.

Carey

Conversy said:
Hi Blue One,

I received my rear fender extender today.  It should stop much of the crap that comes from the rear wheel. Thanks for the prompt service and the quality product.

Carey

You are quite welcome Carey.

Blue One said:
Front and rear extenders are are available hot off the molds  ;)

Thank you sir. Received my front and rear extenders sometime last week while I was out of town. Look great - will let you know how they install.

backoutonthehighway said:
Blue One said:

Thank you sir. Received my front and rear extenders sometime last week while I was out of town. Look great - will let you know how they install.

You are quite welcome. I'm sure you will like them.

Larry.

Blue One said:
Blue One said:

Larry.

Installed great, look great. Just got them on last night and then did a little lunch run to Monterrey.

I'll write up my findings for future installers sometime this week.

Thanks again Larry - great product.  :beerchug:

Blue One said:
Blue One said:

Larry.

Installed great, look great. Just got them on last night and then did a little lunch run to Monterrey.

I'll write up my findings for future installers sometime this week.

Thanks again Larry - great product.  :beerchug:

Great to hear  8) 

Larry

Well, so much for the write up this week, or was that last week?  :truce: I'll get to it as soon as the paid work is done.  ;)

In the mean time, here's a before and after pic. Decided to add the sticker to distract from the potato launcher.  :D

Attachments

• _BLS5065-Edit2.jpg
    _BLS5065-Edit2.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 475
  • _BLS5065-Edit2.jpg
    _BLS5065-Edit2.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 280
I would love to take advantage of this alleged discount your speaking of when ordering both.  Please send me the required infor for ordering and paying please >:D

PdLt said:
I would love to take advantage of this alleged discount your speaking of when ordering both.  Please send me the required infor for ordering and paying please >:D

Your extenders are on the way to you now, thanks for the order.

If anyone else wants to know, both front and rear extenders purchased together usually total  $ 105.  (Front $45 and Rear $60)  I ship both in one package for $90  :)

Larry.

Well, so much for the write up this week, or was that last week?  :truce: I'll get to it as soon as the paid work is done.  ;)

In the mean time, here's a before and after pic. Decided to add the sticker to distract from the potato launcher.  :D

Thanks for posting the pics. Looks good and will do a lot to help keep your rear end clean.  :)  The bikes rear end that is  ;)

The sticker is a nice touch.

Larry.

Hey Larry ,  that's what I was looking for !!  Great idea to make them that way ; very practical !!
same price for sending both to Belgium (Europe) ; quid payment ?

thx ;)

ps I find it really very practical ; if you want to I can post this here in several forums in europe
I guess it fits all concours14/gtr1400 since 2008?

Blue One said:
PdLt said:

If anyone else wants to know, both front and rear extenders purchased together usually total  $ 105.  (Front $45 and Rear $60)  I ship both in one package for $90  :)

Larry.

beegee said:
Hey Larry ,  that's what I was looking for !!  Great idea to make them that way ; very practical !!
same price for sending both to Belgium (Europe) ; quid payment ?

thx ;)

ps I find it really very practical ; if you want to I can post this here in several forums in europe
I guess it fits all concours14/gtr1400 since 2008?

Blue One said:
PdLt said:

Larry.

Thanks, the posting in Europe would be great. The cost to get them over to Europe goes up due to cost of mailing. I use airmail which is quick but does cost me.

I usually have to add to the cost accordingly. For the front the cost to most parts of the world is $60 US. The rear is $90 US. Sent together in one box is a much better deal at $120 US. Of course those prices include the cost of mailing.

I have shipped these all over the world, there are lots of them out there everywhere from Germany to the Island of Borneo (Malaysia)

Payment via Paypal is preferred.  As usual a PM to me gets things going.

Larry.

MidlifeCrisis said:
Any plans on doing a rear hugger? ;D  I really don't like the idea of all that road debris pelting the rear shock.

No plans for a Hugger. The best way to protect the shock is to install a small hugger, or I have seen some small flap arrangements installed.

My goal was a more functional front and rear fender to keep the rad safe and stop crap from spraying all over off the rear tire.

Larry.

Hey Larry, do you also sell other Connie-stuff?
So I could order everything together ;-)
grtz

That's it!  I am getting a set.  Had to ride on wet pavement - not even raining - for a short stretch today and already mud sprayed all over my back end and top case.

Sending PM.

Recieved my front extender today :) Looks like a quality product. I will install it over the weekend.
Thanks Larry :beerchug:

Another request for ordering info. Definitely ordering the front extender and possibly even the set.

Please send me a PM when you get a chance.

beegee said:
Hey Larry, do you also sell other Connie-stuff?
So I could order everything together ;-)
grtz

No, no other stuff from me, these fender extenders keep me pretty busy.  :) Just drop me a PM if you would like to order.
Larry

TGE said:
Another request for ordering info. Definitely ordering the front extender and possibly even the set.

Will do, check your PMs

Larry.

TGE said:

PM sent, thanks.
Larry.

Dear Larry,

I just sent you a PM, please confirm receipt or I will send it again.  We may also talk over the phone, or you may email me to CELIAS@VT.EDU

Cheers,

Carlos

Privateer said:

This past Tuesday, a Kawasaki dealer in Frederick who is part of the COSTCO discount program called me up and asked if I wanted his black 2012 C14. I thanked him but I'm still waiting on my local dealer. For a place with 3 ichiban plaques I don't understand why its taking them so long to get the 2012 bikes locally. Must be coming by way of Hawaii or something. Soon (tm).

Well, I got it installed, was a piece of cake and looks great. Used real plumber's ABS glue, roughed up the inside of the fender a little with sandpaper, glued it, clamped it, its permanent now.

Privateer said:
Privateer said:

Well, I got it installed, was a piece of cake and looks great. Used real plumber's ABS glue, roughed up the inside of the fender a little with sandpaper, glued it, clamped it, its permanent now.

Very good, if you can post a good picture so everyone can see it  :)

Larry.

Ok, I will do that. I haven't even put it back on, I'm waiting for my friend with the machine shop to finish bracing the brackets which normally hold the reflectors, but I'm using them to hold the Twisted Throttle 6mm Fender Mount for my D2 LED lights.

So I can take a picture of it so you can see it close up.  Its raining right now, I can't get wet, I'll melt. Soon (tm)    :beerchug:

Larry,

I installed my front extender last night. Lining it up right is a little tricky but not bad. Clamped it and let it sit overnight. Will post a pic after I install it later today :)

Thanks again,
Jay

Just installed extender on an 09 :)

100_2252.jpg

Very nice, as you can see the rad is well protected as is the lower area where the pipes and oil filter live. 

Thanks for posting the picture.

Larry.

Thank you Larry.  High quality and the installation went without any problem, perfect fit, excellent instructions and pics.  I am attaching pics for the benefit of the members of the forum.

Cheers,

CElias

PS.  Please excuse the fact that the wheels are not clean ... I am better at riding than at cleaning :)

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 194
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 188
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 180
CElias said:
Thank you Larry.  High quality and the installation went without any problem, perfect fit, excellent instructions and pics.  I am attaching pics for the benefit of the members of the forum.

Cheers,

CElias

PS.  Please excuse the fact that the wheels are not clean ... I am better at riding than at cleaning :) 

Thanks for posting the pictures, glad you like the extenders. I'm sure you will like the function of them, less cleaning  ;)  And practically no chance of a plugged or punctured radiator.

Larry.