• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Continental Road Attack 3 "GT" version.

I considered the Continental, because I really like the looks of the tire.
I saw in past Tire treads that it didn't do well on mileage.
Do a search and you can probably find those old treads.

Ride safe, Ted

Been looking for post,no luck.Was the information on the Continental Attack 2 which I believe has a short life and ordinary handling in wet conditions,the Attack 3 is the latest version which is just filtering to Australia now which won the Motorad best sports touring tyre: https://www.tyrepress.com/2017/06/motorrad-no-major-weaknesses-in-test-of-six-touring-tyres/
.There has been a delay with the "GT" version to suit the Kawasaki GTR 1400 in a 190/50 ZR 17 and the 120/70 front in a "GT" version.

You are probably correct. Did not realize they had an Attack 3.
I just installed Avon 3D-XM's on my bike. Haven't rode it yet.

Ride safe, Ted

Update; Just looked the Continental Road Attack 3 "GT" up.
Your correct, I was referring to the "2" version...

I have a set in order to replace my nearly worn out Pirelli Angel A spec GT's.They will need to be  very good to better than  the Pirelli and live up to all the hype.

smokin said:
I have a set in order to replace my nearly worn out Pirelli Angel A spec GT's.They will need to be  very good to better than  the Pirelli and live up to all the hype.

Since I have been VERY happy with my Angel GTs, I'm very interested in your comparison of them.

Have the conti's now. Liking them a whole bunch for the price. I feel this is an underrated tire as it handles great dry & wet and has very linear turn in. Wearing well, but too soon to give a mileage report. Two others I know are running them (on other heavyweight bikes) with similar experience.

I've tried 1 set of Conti's, they weren't Attack 3's though. They handled well in the dry, but I can't speak for the wet.  Only on the bike for 10 days, toast at 1,900 miles!  :??:

I question this list & ratings though, find it hard to believe a Conti is #1. Followed by a Roadtec 01, I recently tried the Roadtec. Could not wait to get that tire off! It handled well in the wet, but once it was about midpoint in it's life it handled terrible. It was a challenge to hold it in a corner & mileage was only about 4,400 miles.

They're not my tire of choice, but of the 5 tires on this list I would put the Angels on top. I've tried all but the Bridgestones.

A little off topic, but just my 02. Carry on!  :motonoises:

Cliff  :beerchug:

I spooned a set of RoadAttack 2 EVOs this weekend. Now, having only known one set of Angels and many sets of Pilot 3 and 4's on my 2012 with 66k on it this is definitely different. I am sure I won't get as high mileage as the Pilots but DAMN they are stickier! Now to take it up to Suches Ga. soon. I will give a mileage report when I change it out.

Bill

Unfortunately i have been informed that Continental are not making a 190/50 x 17 GT version,apparently the reason is not enough bikes use this size around the world?

They make a 190/55 x 17 GT version,I guess that was made for BMW bikes.
So I will be fitting another set of Pirelli Angels GT "A" spec tyres. Dont like 55 profile,I guess a lot of riders use the 55 profile to get better turn in,not a problem with Angel GT in a 50 profile.IMHO
Currently Angels have traveled 13500 km
{over 8300 miles} still have 3 mm rubber left front and rear.

Attachments

• 6372116164f7831d081c035b024247bc.jpg
    6372116164f7831d081c035b024247bc.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 94
I saw that also...They don't make the GT version in the 190/50/17 only the 180...I do have the GT version on the front though
Bill

For you gents who have installed the Conti Attack3 GT's, and now done some miles - I'd personally like to hear how they have performed thus far??  :beerchug:

gr

I just recently put a set of Continental Roadattack 3's on my bike and have not noticed a big difference between them and the Roadattack 2 EVO. I will be putting some miles on them in the next couple of weeks and will let you know. The rear is not the "GT" version.  Love them so far!!

Bill

I realize I'm comparing a different tire & how different I don't know, but a Continental nonetheless. They were Conti Motions I mounted up just to see how long a inexpensive tire would last.

The results were not so good, lasted 10 days & 1,900 miles with zero tread left!  :??: They did handle well, I'll give them that.