• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Could not register

smithr

I tried twice to register for SC wildflower event. Got this...

"Could not connect to the reCAPTCHA service. Please check your internet connection and reload to get a reCAPTCHA challenge."

It is just to difficult to do things still. I elected to include my associate member wife as a guest for $5 more just because I could do that in one CC transaction. Hope I remember to try again later.

This is a recurring issue. You are not the only one to experience this fun. And it's not your fault (usually).

Unfortunately. COG has no control of the reCaptcha. COG can't effect it in any way. COG can't remove it or skip it. It was forced on us by the SaaS (software package)/Card processor and is not optional.

COG has complained and been told it works fine, there is nothing going on, it's here to stay.

Things that have been tried and "sometimes" work
  • wait a little bit, try again and then it suddenly works
  • do not use a VPN during the registration process
  • turn off your anti-virus for the registration process
  • turn off pop-up or spam blockers
  • try a different browser (this has happened with every browser though, so...)
  • try a different computer (the one at work, a friends, your SO's notebook)
  • try your phone using its data plan instead of your home/work wifi
  • start from a different IP address
  • wait for four hours, try again and then it suddenly works
  • wait for 24 hours, try again and then it suddenly works
All the above have worked at some point, none solve the issue consistently.

Don't attempt any of the above that you don't understand.

Possible solutions not involving your computer (and in a sense you) [that don't require 24 hours]
  • Contact your AD and ask them to do it (they may just refer you to the two awesome guys below)
  • Contact Mark the COG event guy, he's awesome
  • Contact Lyle the COG membership guy, he's awesome
How to contact the awesome people above - https://concours.org/Contact-Us

COG IT can't help cause
  • see the top four lines of this post
  • they don't (and shouldn't) have access to your COG account and guts so can't process a transaction as if from your account. The nice people mentioned above are nicer, smarter and more helpful when people are involved, and have the required access.

COG wishes there was a better answer to this... issue.

Last edited:
I tried twice to register for SC wildflower event. Got this...

"Could not connect to the reCAPTCHA service. Please check your internet connection and reload to get a reCAPTCHA challenge."

It is just to difficult to do things still. I elected to include my associate member wife as a guest for $5 more just because I could do that in one CC transaction. Hope I remember to try again later.
If you are trying to sign both you and your wife up using the same email address, that will cause the problem you are having.

I did get paid up at a later time. I think I got an email from the system and was able to pay then.

My associate wife has her own email, I think but I would still like to be able to sign both of us up for events and membership renewal in one transaction. It seems I have to log myself out and her in to get it done. Is there a better way?

I did get paid up at a later time. I think I got an email from the system and was able to pay then.

My associate wife has her own email, I think but I would still like to be able to sign both of us up for events and membership renewal in one transaction. It seems I have to log myself out and her in to get it done. Is there a better way?

Unfortunately, the system the club uses does not presently support that feature.... and we have communicated to them that this is a needed feature. Until they add the feature associates have to log in and register separately.