• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Couldn’t decide where to park...so I dropped it.

MichiGlenn

Yesterday, (5/16)was finally a decent day to ride to work, so I rode the Connie in. We have 2 parking areas where I work, one near the time clock, but I usually park at the other, which is closer to where I actually work.
I pulled into my usual spot, then realized that with a lighter weekend crew coming in, I could use the other lot and save a few steps. Unfortunately my brain must not have been sufficiently awake to fully process changing my mind. I let the clutch go without thinking about
1: still having the bike in second gear
2: having the handlebars turned
Dumped the clutch, stalled the engine and felt the weight shift to the right. I managed to ease it down and grunt it back up with only a small fairing crack near the side scoop, and a couple of minor scratches.
All in all I was pretty lucky.