• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

COUPLE N.E. RIDES

hello all, hey just putting this out there for you long term planners  ( such as myself )  anyhow i posted a couple rides that i have planned on the schedule, first being the cook forest ride july 13-15  second being cog in canaan sept 28-30  all the details for both are listed on the schedule and if you need any more details hit me up.  hope to see everyone there.  thanks joe

Joe,
Great deal on rooms at Canaan!
Will renovations be done by Sept? Maybe we'll get to stay in the new buildings?

jason

Made my reservation at Canaan Valley Resort this morning. They said I was first COG reservation. Sorry, I'm OCD among other issues so anything on my calendar as to be all squared away immediately.  :-[

I had to bow out of the Spring Fling due to a big trip scheduled by my mc to the Great Smoky Mountains and Deals Gap. I've never been down the Tail of the Dragon and its on my bucket list. Besides, have to balance participation in the mc with other things somewhat.

Definitely on for Kalyumet in July from 13th through 15th.

great john, i was going to reserve our room this week to make sure that everything was handled properly at canaan. looks like it was  8)

I made 4 routes for Canaan. Two are 3 hours or so long, 2 are 5 hours or so long.

Basically hitting the best roads. One hits WV 39, arguably the best motorcycle road in America. One hits Rte. 50 (eastern part). One goes down out of the mountains on VA 211 to Sperryville (expect crowds of bikers and stands on weekends). The other one hits Rte. 50 (western part) to Aurora, as well as a good section of Rte. 250.

Fantastic roads. Have VA 211 in my National Road & Twisties ride, but had to drop WV 39 from it to make time in Elkins on Saturday morning/afternoon to go on one of the 4 hour train rides.

Hi Joe. I looked at your info sheet, start date 9/28/12 at12:00am?  New to the group.
Will everybody meet Fri morning.

hi guys, you have to put a start and finish time when scheduling so i just pick 12, actually most folks will pull in sometime on fri. ( i usually get there mid afternoon )  we usually all hook up sometime on fri. and plan where were going and at what time were leaving for a sat. ride, some folks go down earlier in the week to enjoy all the roads in the area, its hard to find a better area to ride than this and were looking foward to meeting everyone soon. caanan is always a great time  :motonoises:  as jason says: book those rooms.  thanks joe

I just booked two nights at Canaan.

Might be the last time we ever stay there for less than $100 a night!

Not sure if I'll come down Friday evening or Saturday.

Jason

hey great guys, jason might be right about next years room rate, the new hotel is scheduled to open next year, any how book early we ran out of rooms on our block last year. take care joe

Will arrive Kalyumet (Lucinda PA) around noon or a bit after, Friday 13 July. Its only 3-1/2 hours from me. Heh

O-M-G  ...... FRIDAY THE 13th !!!! Wonder if Freddy will be there?

JR said:
Will arrive Kalyumet (Lucinda PA) around noon or a bit after, Friday 13 July. Its only 3-1/2 hours from me. Heh

Do you mean Jason?  ;)

Cap'n Bob said:
JR said:

Do you mean Jason?  ;)

You can tell one of two things about me then..... a) I'm obsessed with Freddy, or b) I never watched either series, and don't have a clue.

Your choice!  :rotflmao: