• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Crabcake Ride [PA-MD] March 18th

4bikes

COG#9715 AAD
It is time to ride! And eat some good seafood, as well. On Sunday, March 18th, meet at the Royal Farms store on rte.140 & Bethel Rd. a couple miles east of Westminster, Md.(1818 Baltimore Pike, Westminster 21157) at 9:30AM and leave at 10AM for Woody's Crab House at 29 S Main St.in Northeast, Md.

A hundred mile back-roads ride is planned, arriving at Woody's around 1PM. If you're gonna be there, and I hope you will be, please register online via the website calendar, so I can give the restaurant an idea of what to expect. Weather wise, here's wishing for sun glasses and air jackets.
        Greg Puterbaugh, co-AAD #6163

https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=248568&mo=3&tDate=%7Bd%20%272018%2D03%2D26%27%7D

Russell plotted out the 2018 Crab Cake ride.  Please download and install beforehand, since trying to download from a laptop the day of the event to your GPS is never a given.  ::)

Attachments

• 2018 Crab Cake Ride.zip
    34.8 KB · Views: 89
This Yankee is planning on crossing the Mason-Dixon line for some crabcakes if the weather cooperates.  I might even bring a friend. 😉 

Because I'm only a forum member these days I can not register for this event.  So I will have to use this thread to keep you informed of my attendance and whether I will be bringing anyone with me. 

I’m really hoping to make this one. If the stars, and swim meets, and chores, all align, I’ll be there.  :truce:

If the date for this ride was changed to Saturday, the 17th, we could participate in

28277101_1801312543241979_5905917566965168322_n.jpg

Woody's Silver Jubilee
celebration.  Just sayin'.  :great:

Boy I really hope they didn't salt or sand the roads were going to be on ,  with this snowfall , I know Penn DOT was salting on rt30 in York ,  but hope they left the side roads alone

The weather is looking like mid Fifties on Sunday with no chance of rain.  :motonoises:  A small group of riders is meeting up at the Springfield Construction Company lot near the intersection of Rt 216 and Rt 83 at 10:30 AM.  We will catch the group of riders heading west on Rt 216 from Westminster.  First PA-MD ride of the year, so don't miss it. 

Being that I'm in North Jersey, I will be riding directly to Woody's rather than joining in the group ride.  I'll be coming by myself.

4Bikes said:
The weather is looking like mid Fifties on Sunday with no chance of rain.  :motonoises:  A small group of riders is meeting up at the Springfield Construction Company lot near the intersection of Rt 216 and Rt 83 at 10:30 AM.  We will catch the group of riders heading west on Rt 216 from Westminster.  First PA-MD ride of the year, so don't miss it.
I’m still hoping to make it Sunday. I’m fighting a cold at the moment but feel like I might be on the downside of it. If I can make it I’ll join you at Springfield Contractors. How should I contact you to let you know if I’m on my way?  Just post up here?

Staylo said:
4Bikes said:
I’m still hoping to make it Sunday. I’m fighting a cold at the moment but feel like I might be on the downside of it. If I can make it I’ll join you at Springfield Contractors. How should I contact you to let you know if I’m on my way?  Just post up here?
Yes post it up here. We can check before we leave or take a look at the cell phone. The ride from the east on route 216 to the parking lot is a lot of fun.

Was hoping on making this. Alas my bike went in for 60,000 mile service and a few issues. Wont get her back till midweek :'(  You kids be safe and have a grand time :beerchug:

I was hoping to make this.  I created a nice back roads route and loaded it into my GPS.  But when I woke up this morning my left hand was swollen and I can barely squeeze the clutch. :(

I'm too chicken to risk it getting worse, instead of better, as the day progresses. :truce:  If it gets worse even slabbing it down or back could be a problem. 

Since I don't feel like driving :steeringwheel: down in the cage by myself I will have to miss eating crabcakes.  Y'all eat some crab for me.

Steven, I’ll be there. I’m heading out around 9, which should put me there around 10. We’ll see if my riding gear is sufficiently warm for 20s.  :-\  At least my hands should be toasty!  >:D

As expected, it was a crisp and breezy 32 degree start for the 2018 version of the PA-MD Crab Cake.  That is to be expected for what is technically still winter.  Temperatures under the full sunshine did warm up to 51 degrees. Five riders started out in Westminster, MD and joined up with four riders near Glen Rock PA.  Three other Coggers rode in from places like Reading and Allentown for the fine meal at Woodies in Northeast MD.  It’s funny to see us traipsing around the restaurant in High-Viz gear with a bunch of heated gear cables dangling out of jackets, sleeves, and pants.  One patron asked Jack if he was crazy for riding in that weather.  The answer….It helps!  It was a great kick off ride for 2018.

crabcake18.jpg

Upon my return home, I double-checked with the American Legion in Ephrata.....confirmed that First Sunday will be held on Sunday, April 1.

Had a great time as always, the C10 ran pretty good with all the work I did to it, can't wait for next ride