• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Crash Bars

Found out from the good people in Wisconsin who made the old Connie bars that they are not going to make them for the new bike. Any suggestions on custom fabricators. I know it will be a pain to mount and drilling the plasstic and frame will be nerve rackining but I have had more then one bike tip over or be bumped over by a bad parker. I do not want the bike to look like a CHP bike but I think this might be a nice improvement. Frame sliders are a option but they will not protect much of the bikes plastic. Thoughts?

I've been in discussion with a company out in CA called MC Enterprises who makes C14 crash bars for Police applications but also make a smaller version for the rear bags that will provide about the same level of protection as Murphs tip over bars for the rear bags. Price is $175 per set including hardware - no drilling required. Using them with front sliders should provide decent protection. Here's the website link, but they sent me a much better picture showing the rear bars on a C14. Kevin www.MCEnterprises.com

i have the mcenterprises crash bars and am very happy with them. sure, they were pricey at $530 shipped, but they are worth it in the long run. the small rear bag guards are very unobscure. they take all of ten minutes to install. the fronts are very noticable, but you get used to them. they mount up in about 30-45 minutes, depending on how quickly you can take off the side panels. i purchased the police front bars (not the civilian version) as they have a horizontal bracket for mounting equipment, but i find them great for putting my feet on for long trips. they are very solid and look good in black powdercoating. Tom Hess North Charleston, SC COG #8406 IBA #30337 CDA #248 (C10) 97 c10 (former) 08 c14 (current)

David_Happ_MD wrote: Has anyone seen them yet for the Concours 1400 ...Had them on the old bike and the worked great. ____________________________________________________ I heard rumored someone had a design they were working on, I will be seeing the instigator of such rumor next week. I'll find out the results, cost and timeline,,,,if there are any,,,,,then report back here. HTH?

here ya go! my fronts are the actual police bars. the only difference is the addition of a horizontal bracket that is missing on the civilian models.
IMG_2700.jpg
IMG_2701.jpg
IMG_2702.jpg
IMG_2704.jpg
the rears are great, the fronts dont stick out as much once you get used to them. i still get 'is that a bmw' and no one has noticed the bars yet (believe it or not!) Tom Hess North Charleston, SC COG #8406 IBA #30337 CDA #248 (C10) 97 c10 (former) 08 c14 (current)

Projekt D sliders don't work. I went down (hit oil) starting a turn at 5 mph. The left slider stripped right out on initial contact with ground and now I've ~$750 damage to the body parts. The frame slider itself looks largely undamaged. :quest: If anyone's interested, I'll post pics. '74 TX650A, Being restored-'80 GS750E, '70 Triumph Tiger

Well that sucks. It sure didn't do what you bought it for. I would sure let the company know but not expect much. Letting us know here in the owners world will fix them so thanks. Wish we could help with the bike. ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

Sorry to hear that. It would be great if you could post a picture cause I'm not sure I understand what failed. Did the plastic part of the slider break off the steel holder or did the entire slider break off from its mount? If only the plastic end broke off, why wouldn't the slider rod protect the bike from severe damage? Kevin