• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

CT - Meet and Greet - Oct 13th - The Log Cabin Restaurant - Clinton, CT

Last minute but I thought we could squeeze in one more M & G for the southern New England area. The location is about in the middle of CT, on the coast, so there should be a fair number of COGgers and Concours owners w/in a reasonable distance.

Looking forward to seeing everyone that can make it.

Brian

I've got two other things going on that day  :-[  I'll have to see if I/we can get away for a little while.

:'( Sorry but we won't be able to make this meet & greet, Hope you all have a great time and
get some good riding weather too!

Drats, We have a benefit party to go to, put on by a close friend of ours that day. I will have to find out what time we have to be there and possibly only be sociably late. Clinton is a half hour ride for me but the party is in the other side of the state. Will know better early this week.

Great.

Time for heated gear but the good news is it is not supposed to rain.

Apparently there can be some problem with the street address as given (Streets & Trips chokes on the street name) so an alternative address to punch into a GPS would be:

232 East Main St., Clinton, CT.

For the purists, the coordinates of the restaurant are:

41.27209, -72.50576

Brian

wayne_jenkins_CT said:
I should be there a little cool but there!

wayne_jenkins_CT said:
I should be there a little cool but there!

Wayne you are always "way cool"  :)

Might see see down there tomorrow if things work out.

Apparently the Log Cabin restaurant does not know where they are.... they list their address as being on Boston Post Road but apparently it is really East Main St.

The correct address is:

The Log Cabin Restaurant
232 East Main St.
Clinton, CT

If you put 232 Boston Post Rd. into mapping software or a Garmin GPS, it will take you to a place two towns away and NOT the Log Cabin Restaurant. DO NOT go to the address used on the Log Cabin webpage as it is incorrect, or at least the rest of the mapping world is not in synch. with where they think they are.

Sorry about that but usually the place of business knows where they are located.  ::)

Brian

Would love to be able to hang with the NE dudes & dudettes, but I had a bit of problem with sand...

561986_10151176133203419_1441817921_n.jpg

Steve, where are you?  Tracey and i will be cruising out of port canaveral fl on Sunday to Jamaica, grand cayman and Cozumel

Greg Habel said:
Steve, where are you?  Tracey and i will be cruising out of port canaveral fl on Sunday to Jamaica, grand cayman and Cozumel

Bahamas, mon!

Camper Dave said:
Greg!!!
Think about it dude... Do you really want to risk seeing Steve in a Speedo  :sign0137:

No problem Dave... I reserve that just for you  :-\

Well, I got home safe and sound (no deer impacts this week) at 7pm.  What a beautiful day for a ride.  I'll do some video editing tomorrow and post up some of the video I shot today.

We had an excellent turn- out I think for such late notice and so late in the year. The number of folks there was 17 although two of them were Andrea's cousins and probably do not count 'cause they ride the iron made in Milwaukee.  There were three people new to COG and checking things out, Mark from Bridgeport on a brand new '12 C-14, and Paul and Lori from Brimfield, MA; Paul had just picked up a C-10 and Lori rides a Spider (that was easy to find in the parking lot). The rest were old friends from all around; Wayne from Harwinton, CT, Greg and son Dylan from Norfolk, CT, Bill from Amston, CT, Wayne and Maryann from Tewksbury, MA, Ben from Bloomfield, NJ, Alex from the Bronx, NY, Lori from Cromwell, CT and Jonathan from Earlton, NY. Most folks showed up on bikes and while it was a bright and clear day it was a bit cold never going above the mid- 50's F.

Nice restaurant, great people and a lot of laughs. Of course there was the telling of The Cat Joke and I must say, Andrea did her part quite a bit better this time than last time at Bub's BBQ; I think the indoor setting helps with that.

Unfortunately the interior was fairly dark (it IS a log cabin) and with four windows lining the walls, the photos are downright terrible. I will only include one from inside:

Rest-left.jpg

The bikes:

BikesatM-G.jpg

Wayne learning what a clutch is, what it is used for and showing shock and amazement that it was on the bike all along- he promises to use it for each and every shift in the future, he seems genuinely sorry for his previous, foolish behavior of having shifted without the clutch and believing he was doing this successfully for over 50 years!:

Waynelearningabouttheclutch.jpg

It was a great time but then again, has anyone ever been to a bad COG event or gathering? Too bad it is so late in the year or I could set up more of these.

Thanks to everyone who did come to this lunch, especially those who traveled a long way.

Brian

It was worth the trip just to find out what that other brake leaver was! I was about to take it to the shop and have it fixed as when I used it the bike did not stop. Thanks  to the one with the Elk part and the Cat joke for a great time. And to Alex for fixing my phone.

BDF said:
There were three people new to COG and checking things out, Mark from Bridgeport on a brand new '12 C-14, and Paul and Lori from Brimfield, MA; Paul had just picked up a C-10 and Lori rides a Spider (that was easy to find in the parking lot).
And for their first COG experience they had us?  Well, maybe they'll give COG a second chance...    :rotflmao: