• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

(CT) Meet & Greet, Sat. 1 March, 2014 12:00 PM Durham, CT

B.D.F.

Come on out and join us for lunch at the Cozy Corner Restaurant on Sat. 1 March, 2014 at 12:00 PM. The location is in Durham, CT.

Looking forward to seeing you folks there!

Here is a link to the calendar page. to sign up for the event.

Brian

C'mon people, you are going to miss the best event ever on the first of March in New England!

I've put in for good weather and everything. No point in waiting until the last minute, sign up for this one now....

Brian

Sher & I wish we could attend this but we already have a previous commitment.
Sure hope you have a good turnout for this event and that you all have a great time.
:beerchug:

Not sure of date yet may have to attend a funeral on Saturday near Providence. Durham is like two towns over from us but projected temps would have us in the cage if we can attend.

Excellent Bob!

I think we're gonna' be in a car too- it is snowing out here right now and the temp. is supposed to drop quite low; I probably won't be able to get out of my driveway with the bike on Sat.

Last chance for the rest of you folks- you know you don't want to miss this one: rumor has it that this will be the best M&G ever held.... on the first of March.... in CT.... in 2014! It does not get any better than that.

Brian

Bob_C_CT said:
We're in see you guys Saturday.

BDF said:
Last chance for the rest of you folks- you know you don't want to miss this one: rumor has it that this will be the best M&G ever held.... on the first of March.... in CT.... in 2014! It does not get any better than that.

On my schedule & plan to be there. Probably in the cage as well.  Need to run errands on the way home.

Last chance folks, it happens tomorrow and you don't want to miss this one....

We'll be taking the cage to this one- there is just enough snow on the ground in my driveway to tempt me into trying to drag the bike out and then knocking both of us (me and the bike) down with gravity :-(    So when you get there, Andrea and I will be the ones in the car.  ;)

Brian

Well I was gonna ride the C14 to the meet & greet but since everyone else is taking a car, I might as well take one too.

Yea 8° F at daybreak going to mid 30s. The past 2 mornings I seen someone on a unfaired cruiser on I-95 North in the Bridgeport area with single digit temp. What is wind chill value at 8°F with 60 mph head wind? Where is spring.?
If I was coming solo I would probably make the 20 mile backroad ride. But with no heated gear SO says no way, mid 40s I could probably talk her into it.

What a great time today in Durham!  Of the three tables full of people I am proud to say that my table was by far the best, most funny table !! See you guys soon!!

Great time today folks, thanks for coming out.... figuratively speaking :)  We had 13 for lunch, all 'the usual suspects', and a couple of folks we have not seen in quite a while. Every single one of us drove there in a cage so there wasn't a single motorcycle in the parking lot but still a great time.

And a big thanks to Bruce for filling the details of artificial cow insemination; it is information like that that make these meetings so interesting and yet a little risque' at the same time.  :-\

Andrea should be along after a while with a group photo. She may put names to the faces or just let us wallow in and enjoy our anonymity.  ;D

Just a reminder but for those interested in getting anything done on Tech. day, please send along a request to Pat Malloy, Greg Habel, me or any combination (known locally as the 'Febelloys') so that we can schedule what you want done and have any items, such as TPS sensor batteries, on- hand for tech. day itself.

Brian

Thanks to Andrea and Brian for putting this together and probably travelled the furthest. It would of been nice to have a warmer day to ride on the other hand it was nice having more time to just hang until the waitress asked if we wanted to see the dinner menu  :D

:rotflmao:  Yeah, cool waitress- she took 'us' all in stride and then after we hung around all day, she wanted to know if any of us were interested in dinner! Outstanding. And when we were leaving, she asked us if / when we were coming back. Now that is a real COG M&G kinda' place.

It was a neat old town too. I noticed the name and date placards on a lot of the houses and the overall 'flavor' of the town was being maintained as an old, simple New England town. Even Dunkin' Donuts had the smallest sign I've ever seen them use and none of their usual bold colors. It is nice to see that not everyplace needs the gigantic 'golden arches' and blazing floodlights 1,000 feet in the air to advertise car dealers.

Brian

Bob_C_CT said:
Thanks to Andrea and Brian for putting this together and probably travelled the furthest. It would of been nice to have a warmer day to ride on the other hand it was nice having more time to just hang until the waitress asked if we wanted to see the dinner menu  :D

We had a great time Saturday, thrilled with the turnout, restaurant, food, service and conversation  :)

As I am currently baffled by error messages I get when trying to open my Iphone photo's in my Photo Editor software, here instead are a few nice photo's taken by Steve Smith (thanks Steve!!)

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=29

Thanks to all who joined us and can't wait to see you all again on the 29th!!
Andrea