• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ct Riders Monthly Dinner

diz@ct

We have been trying to hold a monthly dinner of COG members for CT riders. Last dinner was held at Tavern 1757 in Seymour and September's dinner was scheduled for the same restaurant. No reservations have been made as of this writing. I'm throwing it out to interested members that the dinner could be held at another place if we want. There is nothing wrong with the Tavern; great atmosphere, service and food. But there is no reason that a get together cannot be held somewhere's else in the state, perhaps at another favored restaurant. Criteria is simple, reasonably priced meals with an easy to reach location. Liquor license not important for me but for other's; a glass of wine or beer at dinner is enjoyable. So I'm asking those members (and subscribers) to offer a suggestion of another restaurant to have this September's dinner. I will offer AJ's in Goshen as a possible location for September. Its in northwest CT, Litchfield County. Please respond to this thread for other suggestions. Hopefully we will have enough riders that a reservation will have to be made.

Great idea Dana... wish I could make it.  The online calendar entry now points to this thread.  You may want to toss up a Facebook event too.

Sorry to say I'm out this month too. End of year golf league banquet. Keep up the good work arranging these meets to eats.

A week away from the monthly dinner for CT/NY riders. AJ's in Goshen is a great place with great food at reasonable prices. Still time to suggest another location for a get together if it would be more convenient. Would like to hear from more members.

Hi i would love to make it, work permitting as I'm on call.
i Would be coming from Brewster NY,
Andrew.

Thanks to all for attending! Steve must have been hungry. Right arm in a sling and he still cut his prime rib into bite size pieces! Ratsac will plan October's monthly dinner; watch for details

HI,
How about we meet at the Sycamore Drive In Bethel, CT. It is close to Danbury/NY line. Thur night 6pm October 25.

Andy - I am planning to be there.  John said he may ride over. Please save a couple extra seats. Thanks

ITS great to meet up so we are planning a meet for January. Could be Jan 26 to celebrate Australia Day. or Thursday 24th. at maybe the BBQ joint in Derby C.T  www.houseofbonesbbq.com/. Just throwing this out there.
andy

I was thinking that we should skip November and December for a monthly dinner. Glad to see you're thinking ahead and I will have these tentative dates on the schedule.

Hello CT riders!

I just purchased my first C10 yesterday in PA, I am bringing the bike to CT hopefully Wednesday, weather permitting.

I purchased this bike to travel south in the winter, which doesn't give me a lot of time to learn about the machine and fine tune it. I will follow this thread up closely, as I would like to meet some C10 owners and get some feedback and input on my bike.

Cheers!

BB

At the OCT gathering we discussed holding off planning another a dinner until after the holidays are behind us.  No location for a JAN dinner gathering has been selected. Andy was going to give it some thought. Suggestions are welcome. 

Andy - Missed your post about House of Bones. You pick the date and time... I'll get it posted on the calendar.
Thanks

Ratsac said:
HI, I posted about the House of Bones in Derby CT, a couple of post down, Here is the website http://www.houseofbonesbbq.com/. im good for it, Lets git some bbq on.
andy

ITS great to meet up so we are planning a meet for January. Could be Jan 26 to celebrate Australia Day. or Thursday 24th. at maybe the BBQ joint in Derby C.T  www.houseofbonesbbq.com/