• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cutting Center stand w/ Muzzy links

artb

pretty much decided Muzzys links and  drop front too How much should I cut stand ? looks like clean cut off both stanchions remove about 3/4 to -1"  whose done it
Thanx

I added Muzzy's and pushed the forks up one inch. It does make it a little tougher to get up on the stand but I decided to pull a little harder instead of cutting the c-stand. I have about 3 inches of back tire clearance now when it's up on the stand and it'll make it easier to pull the back tire off that way. If you want to cut your stand, I'd start by cutting off the wrapped flat metal that's welded to the legs on the bottom and remove about half an inch from the legs of the stand. Bear in mind though you'll want to put these metal shoes back on or your c-stand will have a tendency to punch thru the ground.

joe in calif said:
Are there any mods needed to the side stand?

If you lower the bike, the side stand will make it stand more upright. Then it may not be as stable on the side stand. That could result in the bike falling over. So I would figure that you should probably shorten the side stand.

I did take an inch out of the side stand and welded a foot plate on while I was at it. The center stand is still stock and hasn't been an issue.

I did gring where the side stand stop and to de side stand itself to  make it go frward about 1" mesured at the end and now  bik is more stable and  when i need to put it in the center stand at home only just put rar tire over a 2x4 block