• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Daniel Boone Ride aka Kentucky ride

Trucker

For the fifth year we will be having the Daniel Boone Ride in Stanton Ky.  Abner's motel will once again be headquarters for the ride.  Abner's motel is reserving a block of rooms for the cog group until August 1.  Ride dates are from august 21-24th.  http://lilabnermotel.com/Abnersinstanton.html  for reservations.  This area has several attractions and good twisty roads plus great comradery.  Hope to see you there. :great:

I have attended this ride before and the roads are challenging and beautiful. I hope I can make it. Great group of people.

Kevin, hope you guys have a good, safe time again this year!  No way I can make it and do the RWTW....  I can't miss that this year though! 

Tim, Jim and Cliff I hope you all can make it.  Abners is still holding some rooms until this weekend so the cog group can be guaranteed a room.  The area has some great roads and great places to eat.  Hope to see ya there.

trucker said:
Tim, Jim and Cliff I hope you all can make it.  Abners is still holding some rooms until this weekend so the cog group can be guaranteed a room.  The area has some great roads and great places to eat.  Hope to see ya there.

I'm still hoping to make it. That would make a total of four rides every other weekend, The Wolf, Spider & then Barber. I still have to squeeze in some work.
Is this hotel only or is there some camping also?

Cliff  :beerchug:

Locked in my room for the 21st thorough Saturday -  Cya you all then - its a run down the road for me... looking forward to it.... :motonoises:

Mitch (Thore)

Hey Kevin,  you got bologna in Kentucky?  Might have to sweeten the pot with some bacon to get the bologna eaters attention. ;)

Bologna is all I have time for this weekend, laker, although if bacon was offered...I might just bail on my responsibilities... :)) :))

I was looking to make this ride as well, but just cant pull it off this year.

brent

Cliff, looking forward to seeing you at the Wolf.  You should hook up with Dad and ride on over to this ride!  He was talking about the same rides that you are doing with very little time between them.  I mentioned just leaving that Concours in the garage so it would be ready for me when I get there in a few weeks!!

Moto2wheelin said:
Cliff, looking forward to seeing you at the Wolf.  You should hook up with Dad and ride on over to this ride!  He was talking about the same rides that you are doing with very little time between them.  I mentioned just leaving that Concours in the garage so it would be ready for me when I get there in a few weeks!!

Brian, talked to your dad a couple days ago. I told him I couldn't make this ride because of a job being delayed & I have to complete it before I leave. Plus making sure everything is taking care of before the Wolf & Spider.  Otherwise I would have tried to meet up with him & ride over.
See you at the Wolf!

Cliff  :beerchug:

Well they still had rooms available this afternoon so I booked one! Guess I am coming to Kentucky. Riding in all day Thursday. Hope to be there for supper.

Bologna is all I have time for this weekend, laker, although if bacon was offered...I might just bail on my responsibilities... :)) :))

I was looking to make this ride as well, but just cant pull it off this year.

brent

Sorry you cant make it brent. I hope you all know I was just joking. I would have done both if they weren't scheduled on the same weekend.

yep, its all good!  ;D

enjoy the ride! I'll be looking for a ride report on how it went so I know what to expect next year.

brent  :beerchug:

bam2169 said:
yep, its all good!  ;D

enjoy the ride! I'll be looking for a ride report on how it went so I know what to expect next year.

brent  :beerchug:

You traded Daniel Boone for a Bologna Sandwich. Not sure you made the right trade. See you Saturday in Waldo. By the way the Daniel Boone Ride is as good as anything you saw in Johnson City. And the riders are shall we say spirited. Ride safe all.

Made it back with no issues around 6pm my time. Good to meet all of you and especially thanks Kevin for organizing and leading us around. Hope all made it back to their respective destination without drama. Cya at the Spider hopefully.

We had a great two days of Kentucky's finest. Hot but dry. Thanks to Keven for keeping the ride alive, and for leading at a good pace. Good to meet the new guys and see the regulars. Cobber came in from Iowa