• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

**DATE CHANGE** NE - MA Meet & Greet, Saturday Oct. 6th @ Bub's BBQ

Pat and Sher in Ma

Looks like I forgot to get this posted in a timely manner  :-[  But in any case I hope that you can join us for
a Meet & Greet and some very good BBQ at Bub's BBQ in Sunderland, MA on Saturday October 6th at 11:30 am.

After a tasty lunch we will depart for a short ride up rtes 116, 8A, 2, some back roads and eventually back down
some of rte 116. We will also have a stop at Yankee Candle so that folks can get a picture of the King Candle
for the NE area photo contest. Guys, this would be a good time to pick up a special gift for your S.O. or even
bring your S.O. along and let her do a little shopping (Get yourself some serious brownie points  :rotflmao:)

Check out Bub's BBQ at: http://www.bubsbbq.com/ordereze/default.aspx

Then sign up for the meet & greet at:
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=161472&mo=10&tDate=%7Bd%20%272012%2D10%2D29%27%7D

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday Oct. 6th  :motonoises:

Pat,
Thanks for posting.
Those routes look likes lots of fun plus seeing King Candle in person is well worth the trip.  :))

I'm getting hungry just thinking about some Bub's ribs or other smokey tasty delights.  :beerchug:

See everyone on Sunday.

I'll give a shot at getting to this.  Unfortunately, there has been so much mandatory overtime at the prison, especially on weekends, that I can only hope to make it.

Are you having rain? Captain Bob has rain a lot, I kind of look forward to it any more. I'll even come in nice weather!

Jon & Wayne,

Jon, Looking forward to seeing you if you can get away from work for the day.

Wayne, If rain will make you come along then I'm sure we can scare up a shower or two
although I would much prefer a dry and sunshiny day. Hope to see you on Sunday.

Hey everyone, due to the nasty and cooler day on Sunday we are changing the Meet and Greet to Saturday 10/6/12.  Same time.
Anyone who registered via the calendar I have sent you a notification as well.  If you did sign up for Sunday but can't make it on Saturday, please remove yourself from the calendar event.

See you Saturday!!!

Wayne,
On www.cog-online.org, log into the member area.
Then on the upper leftyou will see Member Links.  Click and then click on My Events.
Find the event and then hit Withdraw.

Sorry about the sudden date change but our ever changing New England weather did dictate this move.
I'm sorry to everyone who won't be able to attend. Hope to see you at the next event, Maybe even the
Clinton CT meet & greet. Be sure to ask Brian to hear the cat joke, especially if Andrea is attending  :rotflmao:

Pat and Sher in MA said:
Be sure to ask Brian to hear the cat joke, especially if Andrea is attending  :rotflmao:

Acording to reliable sources, the cat joke is a Brian and Andrea act and must have both parties present to achieve the desired effect.

True, the real star of The Cat Joke is Andrea and it just is not the same without her.

We do plan on attending tomorrow but I am looking for the ride file right now- is it posted anywhere?

Brian

Greg Habel said:
Pat and Sher in MA said:
Be sure to ask Brian to hear the cat joke, especially if Andrea is attending  :rotflmao:

Acording to reliable sources, the cat joke is a Brian and Andrea act and must have both parties present to achieve the desired effect.

Hopefully the file I gave Greg is the correct one. The ride should be pretty quick unless we get caught
by a ton of leaf peepers. Looking forward to seeing you all at Bub's and I'm already a little giggly about
seeing the cat joke in person  :D

Well, I got out of work today without mandatory overtime.  (I kind of have mixed feelings about there not being overtime available...)  But it means I'll get to the Meet & Greet.  Looks like I'll be getting wet on my ride home, though as there is a LOT of rain on its way across NY...

Well, after almost 300 miles of riding today, a great lunch with some great people, and a great ride around MA, I got to within three miles of home and hit a deer.  :-\

Fortunately for both the deer and I, it was more of a love tap.  Two deer ran across the road in front of me and I almost stopped in time to miss both of them.  From what I can tell, my front tire hit the deer's back leg, hard enough for me to feel the hit, but I couldn't find any damage anywhere.  I'll look more carefully in daylight, but the fender felt solid and everything else was still in place.

There are only a couple of houses in the area, but they probably thought I was having a fight with my wife, since after I got off the bike to check it, I yelled "F*** YOU DEER!" back down the road.  :rotflmao:

Jon,
Glad you are ok.  I haven't heard very many riders hitting deer without a scratch.  Consider yourself extremely lucky!

Thank you Pat for organizing the meet and greet and for leading the ride.  I don't know how you did it but we managed to make it through all those nasty clouds with hardly any rain!

Here's some pictures:  http://cog2012gh.shutterfly.com/pictures/25

Hope to see everyone again soon.
Greg and Tracey.

Jon, so glad to hear you came out of the deer attack okay, The deer are getting pretty smart with group
attack tactics.

Thanks to all who were able to attend yesterday's meet & greet at Bub's BBQ and sorry to all who couldn't
make it due to the sudden date change. The weather was nice for the actual meet & greet lunch but turned
windy & colder as we headed out for the short afternoon ride. It was a decent ride with the exception of two
drivers who tried to take Sher & I out on the same road within a 1/4 mile of each other. We had six bikes
on the ride which finished up at Yankee Candle for the King Candle photo op and shopping.

Here are my few pictures from the day: Looks like I can't upload to webshots anymore so you don't get
pictures yet  :(

Hope to see you all again soon.

Wayne,

Thanks for the pictures. I do have a question about the one picture of your bike and the number #15, What's
the number for?

Thanks,

Pat and Sher in MA said:
... your bike and the number #15, What's
the number for?

My "flag" for the Hodgepodge Grand Tour.  Bub's counts as a "mom and pop restaurant," i.e., not a chain restaurant.