• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dear c14 guys, I'd like to become one of you

nomoreusmc6802

Hey guys I was thinking that now that the c14 was discontinued that I might make a grab for a big concours. I'm broke and not working because I am getting both of my shoulders and both of my knees replaced. But I do have a 2009 Harley Davidson fxd (super glide) that I have a ton of cash in. About 20k actually. Built motor, XL bags, andrews cams, power vision tuner, legend axeo suspension, fueling HP+ mechanical parts, intake exhaust, and a bunch more. 11k on motor build. Fast for a Harley, 104bhp\89ft\lbs (stock is 64bhp\61ft\lbs)

I'm wondering if it would be a better option to try and trade straight across or try and sell it and get cash. I'm never going to get the cash back out of sale. Hd just valued my bike at $9500. I have time because my riding season ends the first week of July probably (surgery). I'm going to have 4or5 months of rehab to wheel and deal. I figured that I might get some extra farkels for the cash I put in my bike at least. This line of bikes was cancelled by Harley 6-7 years ago and it's getting hard to find unmolested and not bright orange. Same bike the sons of anarchy was based on. This one is just bolt ons (besides motor work) and I have the stock parts if someone wants to put it back. I've asked a bunch of people and multiple people have told me to roll it in the corner, drain the fuel, and take out the battery and forget it for about a decade. Trying to decide what to do.

Lol 5-6 months of rehab? Try 1-2 years and that's just for the shoulders I know I've had them both done. Nobody does them both at a time it would be like living in a straight jacket for 6 months. I degress....
I think it would be hard to find a trade better to sell and buy I would think?

Be patient. Watch all the usual places. Buy off season. You might have to do some driving to get a hot deal. I drove 730 miles each way to trade my son's speed triple for my C14.

Lol 5-6 months of rehab? Try 1-2 years and that's just for the shoulders I know I've had them both done. Nobody does them both at a time it would be like living in a straight jacket for 6 months. I degress....
I think it would be hard to find a trade better to sell and buy I would think?
Six months apart. I've been begging the VA for this for 14 years and they had no choice when I had to stop working. Sucks but to get some of my body back..... They said 3 years until I was really healed maybe up to 5. And maybe I might be able to get back to work. 50\50 chance.

Ya mine were 1 year apart and I wanted all of it. If they offer you the ice machine with the wrap for your shoulder take it what a God send. Good luck.

Hey guys I was thinking that now that the c14 was discontinued that I might make a grab for a big concours. I'm broke and not working because I am getting both of my shoulders and both of my knees replaced. But I do have a 2009 Harley Davidson fxd (super glide) that I have a ton of cash in. About 20k actually. Built motor, XL bags, andrews cams, power vision tuner, legend axeo suspension, fueling HP+ mechanical parts, intake exhaust, and a bunch more. 11k on motor build. Fast for a Harley, 104bhp\89ft\lbs (stock is 64bhp\61ft\lbs)

I'm wondering if it would be a better option to try and trade straight across or try and sell it and get cash. I'm never going to get the cash back out of sale. Hd just valued my bike at $9500. I have time because my riding season ends the first week of July probably (surgery). I'm going to have 4or5 months of rehab to wheel and deal. I figured that I might get some extra farkels for the cash I put in my bike at least. This line of bikes was cancelled by Harley 6-7 years ago and it's getting hard to find unmolested and not bright orange. Same bike the sons of anarchy was based on. This one is just bolt ons (besides motor work) and I have the stock parts if someone wants to put it back. I've asked a bunch of people and multiple people have told me to roll it in the corner, drain the fuel, and take out the battery and forget it for about a decade. Trying to decide what to do.
My Concours is for sale! Its in the Classified threads! 2014, 25,000 miles. Asking $8500!

C14 factory ergonomics present stress to healthy arms, shoulders and knees, which is why so many add bar risers and peg relocaters. And many complain of the factory seat. Unless you plan to change all that, I'd think a cruiser, with lower CG and seat height, would be far more comfortable..

C14 factory ergonomics present stress to healthy arms, shoulders and knees, which is why so many add bar risers and peg relocaters. And many complain of the factory seat. Unless you plan to change all that, I'd think a cruiser, with lower CG and seat height, would be far more comfortable..
Did you read his first post?

ie;
But I do have a 2009 Harley Davidson fxd (super glide),,,,
and
Trying to decide what to do.

Blasphemy!!

Its a very very dark red....almost black looking! In fact, its so dark, you cant see any red at all!

OOps,, đź‘€ ,,, I just realized that you have a point.

Ya gave me a new way to look at the Black Connies out there.
I'll just imagine that they are a deep/dark RED.

Woo hoo!

But, "sadly" even with my active imagination I can't {make that big of step} to help the blue, green, or silver ones .
<evil grin>

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
The 2014 is a dark red, but there’s another color that looks like a deep beer color, almost black cherry. It looks good in sunlight.

The 2014 is a dark red, but there’s another color that looks like a deep beer color, almost black cherry. It looks good in sunlight.
I think you're referring to the 2012 color "Candy Arabian Red". Not sure Kawasaki could have come up with a more ridiculous name for a paint color. Generally I've found folks either love it (I do, which is why I bought one), or they want nothing to do with it. Many folks comment positively about the color, and a few (my wife) calls it Root Beer. Obviously she needs her eyes checked, otherwise she would have never married me. :LOL: