• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Decent tool kit from Amazon

big0red4224

Not affiliated or anything. Just picked this guy up to make it easier to do small stuff on the bike without having to get my big tool kit out. Lives in my right hand bag liner now. All metric stuff, so there’s no wasted space.

DIY Tools Kit and Socket Set, 46-Piece Socket Tool Kit Set,Ratchet Wrench,Tool Set,Repair Tool Set,Socket Wrenches Set, Tool Kit with Toolbox Storage Case (46-Piece) https://amazon.com/dp/B08H52ZT38/

Not affiliated or anything. Just picked this guy up to make it easier to do small stuff on the bike without having to get my big tool kit out. Lives in my right hand bag liner now. All metric stuff, so there’s no wasted space.

DIY Tools Kit and Socket Set, 46-Piece Socket Tool Kit Set,Ratchet Wrench,Tool Set,Repair Tool Set,Socket Wrenches Set, Tool Kit with Toolbox Storage Case (46-Piece) https://amazon.com/dp/B08H52ZT38/
nice
this one works well too. especially for header nuts

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-04-10-09-10-14~2.png
    Capture+_2021-04-10-09-10-14~2.png
    720.7 KB · Views: 133

Yes nice one! Like the t-bar and extras! Might have to bite the bullet and fork out the $........thx for sharing.

Just an FYI for the first mentioned kit. I got mine last week, I always 'test' my road side tools at the house just to see how it goes.
My observation for the kit I received, I was trying to loosen a stubborn brake caliper mount bolt (12mm hex head, 8mm threads on one of my training bikes, an Eliminator 125). and the 1/4 drive ratchet stripped out. Just something to be aware of if you might be trying to use this kit roadside, in the dark, raining and a stubborn fastener.
Also, the spinner screwdriver handle spun on itself under high hand torque, not a big deal, it seems like the driver is just a 1/4 drive extension they injection molded the handle around.

I'm awaiting feedback their warranty process.

Just an FYI for the first mentioned kit. I got mine last week, I always 'test' my road side tools at the house just to see how it goes.
My observation for the kit I received, I was trying to loosen a stubborn brake caliper mount bolt (12mm hex head, 8mm threads on one of my training bikes, an Eliminator 125). and the 1/4 drive ratchet stripped out. Just something to be aware of if you might be trying to use this kit roadside, in the dark, raining and a stubborn fastener.
Also, the spinner screwdriver handle spun on itself under high hand torque, not a big deal, it seems like the driver is just a 1/4 drive extension they injection molded the handle around.

Yeah, I would rather assemble a kit with decent quality tools, rather than a set from Amazon. The last thing I want along the side of the road, it to strip a fastener by using a poorly fitting socket, or have a tool break.

I won’t buy this kit simply because I’m avoiding buying anything on Amazon because they have quit putting “country of origin “ in their product adds. I want to avoid China products. I’ll gladly pay double/ triple whatever.
PS. I’m not a racist, right wing nut etc etc

I won’t buy this kit simply because I’m avoiding buying anything on Amazon because they have quit putting “country of origin “ in their product adds. I want to avoid China products. I’ll gladly pay double/ triple whatever.
PS. I’m not a racist, right wing nut etc etc
That's getting so hard to do now . I've found info on country of origin by reading reviews on Amazon , which folks should always do anyway .

Testing is always a good idea. And I’ve no skin in this game. A cheap kit to keep in my bag when I need to pull body panels and whatnot. I don’t want to ride around with my expensive tools. For real work, I’d grab my real tools. If these fail and I’m up a creek, I’ll call a wrecker.

True, for body panels and probably 95% of what you may need to do roadside, this is handy. I liked it is metric, has the metric allens and screwdriver bits all in the same kit.