• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

...Delayed pick up on new 2012 due to scratched saddlebag...

{From a former Valkyrie Rider} I finally took the plunge and signed to get a  '12 C-14 Candy Arabian Red.  My first Kawasaki as the other three have been Hondas.. VT700C Shadow, '91 ST 1100 and 2000 Valkyrie Interstate.    Only problem with the Kaw. is the dealer discovered that the left saddlebag had a scratch on it.  I opted to leave it with them so as not to add any more varibles to the story...Long story short the part due in today (Friday 6th of Jan).  Hope to attach MC's crashbars and Murphs risers, then finally... Let the Good time Roll...

I, too, gave up the beloved '98 Valkyrie "bumblebee" for the 2008 C14. . . and now ride the 2011 Conk. The Valkyrie was the best of its category, and so is the Concours!! Prepare to be impressed, and you will be getting to know many of your local LEO's in short order. 90MPH is the new 65. Just sayin'. . .  :motonoises:

I too traded a 98 Valk Tourer for a new 08 Concours Thanksgiving a year ago.  I put 12.5K on last year with no issues (other than replacement of the crappy Bridgestone stock tires, they were gone by 3K).  All my cruiser friends still think I'm nuts for trading to a ST as I blow past them.

My first ride this am in thick Medford Oregon fog to work in the dark...well, it was wonderful!  The bike handles like a dream.  Only problem is the ice build up on my SHOEI.  Can't wait till warmer weather comes... ;) 

...I'm a hospital pharmacist by trade.  Started going to jail when I lived in Tuscaloosa Alabama back in mid 90's with a friend from church then with CMA {T-Town Christian Cruisers}.  The fellow from CMA was an ex-hells angel.  Had one powerful testimony.  Ended up on an Indian Res. in No. California and ministered at Humboldt County Correctional Facility in Eureka CA.  Moved to Oregon a few years back and started practicing at the local medical center here in Medford.  Do all ministering to prisoners via correspondence and Amazon.com.  Revivals are on going at a lot of prisons...
;)