• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Delkevic installion

PMarsh

Stock exhaust removed---no issues. In the attached pic, I assume that graphite like seal has to be removed to install the new pipe. If so, what is the best method for removal? Also, Delkevic provides a small tube of red exhaust sealant. Purely out of curiosity, can Red Permatex gasket maker goop be used as a substitute? Thanks a bunch.

Attachments

• DSC00945.JPG
    DSC00945.JPG
    184.4 KB · Views: 58
IIRC I didn't remove that when I swapped. That was a 2 brothers can, but I would think it would apply in your case.

UPDATE----took a skinny screwdriver and used it to work the gasket loose. Slipped right off and new installation went slick as grease. Afterthought----no reason for Kawasaki to install a bulky and heavy muffler like the stocker. I wish I could lose about 20 pounds that fast.

UPDATE----took a skinny screwdriver and used it to work the gasket loose. Slipped right off and new installation went slick as grease. Afterthought----no reason for Kawasaki to install a bulky and heavy muffler like the stocker. I wish I could lose about 20 pounds that fast.
Did Delkevic supply their own gasket or was a gasket not needed?