• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Denver area Tech Day Saturday April 20th 10AM

Which day works for a Denver/Colorado Springs April tech day?

• Saturday April 20

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Sunday April 21

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Saturday April 27

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Sunday April 28

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

denver6

Update: Date set - Saturday April 20th 10AM

Based on the responses, I have set the date for Saturday April 20th.  Let's start around 10AM.  I will PM my address to whoever has already responded.  Anyone else who decides to attend, please PM me and I will respond with my address.  Looks like there will be at least 5 of us. More are welcome!

For historical purposes, here is my original post:

I am gauging interest in a tech day in late April.  I have had my C10 for less than a year, so I am certainly no expert on the bike.  And I know nothing about the C14 (except that it is awesome!). However,  I do have a fairly well-stocked garage and a grill, so this would be a great opportunity to share some maintenance tips and eat some burgers.

Please choose as many dates as will work for you.  I will pick the date with the most interest.  And I will also publish a snow date - just in case April turns out to be too early in the season.

I have a HF tire changer with the Mojo blocks and lever, plus a balancer and weights.  So if you want to do tires for the season, this is a great way to do them on the cheap.  If we get this setup in time, you can ship your tires direct to my house and they will be there waiting for you.  Really - they will be there. You can trust me.  >:D

I live in the South metro area, but anyone who feels like making the trip is welcome.

So let's see how this goes - how many of you are out there in the Denver or Colorado Springs area that want a tech day?

I'm in, 6.
I voted for the earlier dates as I won't be able to make the latter (go figure).
Nice of you to offer up the grill / tire changer / etc.
The Ranch?  Dang - that's not very far.  I may just have to go through Franktown, Monument, Palmer Lake, etc.

Good for you guy's. Let me and Brad Man know when you get set and we'll get on the Calendar. :great:

I like the idea!  Looking forward to taking part in an event to mark the beginning of another riding season!  Woo hoo!  ;D

I'm in, sounds great!  Let me know if there is anything I can bring, besides the bike. As notsluggo says this is a short ride to your house, may have to get lost a little just to warm the bike up.

:beerchug:

I'm in, All dates work for me for now.
Sometimes my job takes me out of town on short notice.
Love burgers. ;)
Oh and I may have a TPM to install. :)

CRocker said:
....beginning of another riding season!  Woo hoo!  ;D
Beginning?  Hell - I've been shoveling the street to create a path so I can ride to dry pavement!
Had the bike out yesterday AND today.  And I'm going to ride into the office tomorrow!  Just put fresh air in my tires!
Such an awesome feeling after being off for a couple of weeks.
This wrench session is just this side of being in the middle between now and the Red Rockin' Rally.  Might be a great time to chat routes for those intending on riding down.  Or, if you have any HD friends that are coming along - which routes are best for a trailer....  >:D  (Did he just say that?!)
Just kidding.
Though - in all honesty - I know a number of HD riders - and not one of them puts as many miles on their bikes as I do.  Not even half.  I'm sure they're out there - but they're fewer and further between.

Ride to work tomorrow? Great idea! It's only 5 miles for me, but it is better than nothing.

I just ordered replacement hoses, plugs & wires, and wheel bearings for tech day.  The PO said he had just had the valves adjusted when I bought the bike last year, so I think those are good.  He is an ADV'er, so I trust him.

TPM?  I want to do that eventually - so that will be fun to watch/help with.

Looking forward to it already.  :beerchug: