• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

DL1000 V strom

Cap'n Bob

I was talking to my local dealers salesman yesterday. If I understood this correctly, he told me that Suzuki has stopped importing the DL1000 V Strom into the US. If this is correct, you'll only be able to get the Wee Strom from now on. Has anybody else heard this?

For 2011 the only Stroms being imported are the Wee-ABS.  Two colors, white and black, are available.  There were no 2010 Stroms imported due to the economy.

Sadly, I confirmed this with the Suzuki guys at Daytona.  I really wish the would make one Vstrom at around the 850cc mark. It seems crazy that they did a 650 and a 1000, and then never offered the ABS on the big one.  The 650 is underkill, and the 1000 is a bit more than really needed.

2Fast said:
... The 650 is underkill, and the 1000 is a bit more than really needed.

I'm not a strom nut, but gotta say the 650 wurks reely swell fer its size. Haveya ridden 1?

Paulie said:
2Fast said:
... The 650 is underkill, and the 1000 is a bit more than really needed.

I'm not a strom nut, but gotta say the 650 wurks reely swell fer its size. Haveya ridden 1?

Yup. I have a couple of friends that have em. I also rode the 1K before I bought one. I like the 650 OK, but I liked the ass haulin capability of the 1K even better.