• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Does anyone know how to find the paint code for 78 vintage Kawasaki?

ONOBob

I may have asked this before. If so please forgive me a senior moment.

Does any know, or have a suggestion of where to start looking asking to see if there is a paint code?

I have 1978 KZ650B, with the red / orange paint. It has bit a of metal flake in it.
My side covers are black. The bike had a factory faring, so I don't know  it this is an original paint scheme
OR if a previous owner of the bike lost a the side covers ( the rubber grommets get hard and the panels fly off"

I have seen another 78KZ650 with the factory faring, and the side covers a painted the orange.
  The difference was the one with the painted side covers was Custom model vs mine is Basic model.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks / Best Regards

Attachments

• 59183188893__CCBF3F81-57D9-4123-987A-69C8CFE4E5D6.JPG
    59183188893__CCBF3F81-57D9-4123-987A-69C8CFE4E5D6.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 111
If you have a piece not sun faded, you could go to a paint shop and have the paint mixed to match it. There is a Napa store that sells paint supplies about 45 miles north of me. There is a employee who has a great eye for matching paint. Perhaps you would have someone similar in your area. Ask a body shop for recommendations. They will know who is good.

House of Color might be a good resource. Good luck with the project.