• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Does being hit by a deer get me a CDA?

IamOvo

Big Wheel
i left Medix Run, PA and took Quehanna Highway to Karthaus around 9:15am this morning. At approx 9:50am I was all settled into my ride when a deer came pouncing out of the woods and hit me right in the side. I was traveling about 60mph and the deer look like a torpedo and I was the battleship. He scored a direct to hit. I kept the bike up but boy do those side bags shatter and make a mess on the road. I turned around and went back to pick up some of my stuff and what a mess...oh the deer lay there and watched me pick up everything and then when I went to see how he was, he got up and jumped away...Scared me to death, but man the C14 stuck good and I got it stopped with out really approaching in type of wreck situation. I think maybe the bag actually pushed the deer away from bike, from what it seemed like at least. Not sure that qualifies but it is something I will not forget EVER!!

Glad to hear that you, the deer and the bike are OK for the most part. Those deer can be pesky varmints. I had an altercation this past march that keep me off the bike for 8 weeks. http://www.flickr.com/photos/7454943@N05/4442505636/sizes/o/ COG #8961

Nope, doesn't qualify a a CDA but a good story none the less. Glad everything worked out and you were uninjured.

Ouch. Sorry, no CDA. This essentially a crash plus the speed has to be under 5 mph; parking lot speeds. I'm glad you are ok, this could have really been bad. Greg H from Mass Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 (2.0) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle" 05 Ninja 250
2211123920053849446TvPbOP_th.jpg
6n2c6z

Wow. Deer take out cars routinely where I am. So glad you are okay. Nice job keeping your wits about you and controlling the bike.

Yeah I didn't think it fit the bill, but I had to post it anyway. I still keep going over the whole incident in my head and what I could have done differently. At this point I don't think there is anything I could have done, except show up a few seconds earlier or later. P.S. Dude - couldn't get access to your picture...