• FORUM NAME - If you are a COG Member and your user name does not match your name in the old forum or you just want a new one, you can now change it on your own. Read the Details Here

• If you are a current COG Member or Forum Subscriber and this is your first visit to our new site and forum, please go to www.concour.org and follow the instructions at the top of the page to activate your account and gain access to your site and forum.
  • Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dog Days, 2020 Marlinton, WV

gsjay

Anyone thinking about a train Ride while in WV?

https://mountainrailwv.com/#/

See you soon.
jason

gsjay

Boy's and Girl's...............

Pack your rain suits.
Scattered Thunder Storms all weekend but you can hide in the mountains!

Jason

roger123

gsjay said:
Boy's and Girl's...............

Pack your rain suits.
Scattered Thunder Storms all weekend but you can hide in the mountains!

Jason

Just checked in, starting to rain now.  Pretty dark looking sky out there.

gMitch

Getting rained on at Shawnee State Park in PA. Arrive Marlinton tomorrow. Will be dodging the weather (hopefully).

gsjay

gMitch said:
Getting rained on at Shawnee State Park in PA. Arrive Marlinton tomorrow. Will be dodging the weather (hopefully).

Shawnee SP. 20 miles from my house.......................
Should have called.
jason

KLRIDER

Scooter
David_Fridirici_PA said:
In response to Jason, you can't park your motorcycle on the grounds, but if Pat Sprage is leading your group you can drive up to the valet parking area and they will politely tell you that the parking area is across the street.  Just saying :-\

Yup, or you can come in from the woods behind. Just don't ride across the golf course!  ;)

gbyoung2

Hmmm?

No comments from the peanut gallery on how the Dog Days Rally went in Marlinton this past w/e?

It was probably a little wet. We had some major flooding in our area that caused a large number of road closures.

I was signed up, registered, and had a room booked, but cancelled several weeks before. Just not comfortable with the continued spread of the virus and way most folks don’t really give a poo one way or the other as far as their health, or what they might spread on to the rest of us that are up in years and might be a little more susceptible.

Stoopid!

S Smith

COG Northeast Area Director
Guy - Jason posted up comments and pics on Facebook

connieklr said:
Hmmm?

No comments from the peanut gallery on how the Dog Days Rally went in Marlinton this past w/e?

It was probably a little wet. We had some major flooding in our area that caused a large number of road closures.

I was signed up, registered, and had a room booked, but cancelled several weeks before. Just not comfortable with the continued spread of the virus and way most folks don’t really give a poo one way or the other as far as their health, or what they might spread on to the rest of us that are up in years and might be a little more susceptible.

Stoopid!

gsjay

Guy,
We had a nice weekend.........I think about 30 riders in total. Some bailed to the forecast.
Thursday and Friday saw good weather, with the late afternoon thunder storms.
Saturday started Wet and pretty much stayed wet. Some didn't leave the motel.
I put 200 miles on heading to Staunton. Half the miles in the rain, all the miles on wet roads. Good Lunch in town.
Saturday evening we gave out some door prizes that Steve sent us.
All in attendance liked Marlinton so we booked the same weekend for next year.
Hopefully Covid Free!
jason

gbyoung2

gsjay said:
Guy,
We had a nice weekend.........I think about 30 riders in total. Some bailed to the forecast.
Thursday and Friday saw good weather, with the late afternoon thunder storms.
Saturday started Wet and pretty much stayed wet. Some didn't leave the motel.
I put 200 miles on heading to Staunton. Half the miles in the rain, all the miles on wet roads. Good Lunch in town.
Saturday evening we gave out some door prizes that Steve sent us.
All in attendance liked Marlinton so we booked the same weekend for next year.
Hopefully Covid Free!
jason

Thank you.