• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dolly / Roller Recommendations?

PACH

Any recommendations for dolly / lift ? I’m looking for a way to move bike around and keep it stored in small garage.

J'ai fait ça il y a 10 ans, voici le lien de mon blog

Last edited:
Reactions: Bud
Park-N-Move I think is what Fred Harmon uses & recommends. I don't have any personal experience with any dolly, just going by past threads I've read here.

FWIW, learning to back my bike into the garage was time well-spent. Don't know if that will help you, but it is easier than you might think.

Thank you all. Harbor Freight one seems to be popular one. I will have to look where Park n Move one is sold.

As for backin up, that is next to impossible for me as my driveway is sloped up. so i have to ride it up and into garage and do the 18pt turn to park it.

Thank you all. Harbor Freight one seems to be popular one. I will have to look where Park n Move one is sold.

As for backin up, that is next to impossible for me as my driveway is sloped up. so i have to ride it up and into garage and do the 18pt turn to park it.
Here's one on eBay

I remember that too Bud, and looked into it, but it needs quite a bit of area around it to use, for me, it would have to sit outside on the driveway and that won't work. Not sure how hard it is to get the bike on the stand with the park-n-move, a lazy susan may be a better plan if you are handy with projects like that and have the room for it to work.

Have a couple of these, that allow me to stack up a couple of my least used rides, leaving more room

They aren't fabulous, but they work.

they go on sale occasionally and you can easily find a standard HF 20% discount coupon somewhere

Russ Fleming, former COG member (now deceased) from up in MD made a pretty neat arrangement for a shed he had so he could store his bikes in it (2 at the time) so they didn’t take up space in his garage. Not sure of the exact size, but it had a set of double doors on the one side and was deep enough to accommodate the length of Connie with a little extra front back room to spare.

He put a 2 track arrangement in the floor that ran the side to side width of the shed, with the floor being modified so the two rails were flush with it. The two tracks were separated by the front and rear wheel distance of his Connie so the bulk of the bikes weight was sitting over those two tracks. A dolly was made out of (I think) ½” or slightly thicker plywood that was a couple of feet wide, and had two dolly wheels per end that matched the “gauge” of the track he put in the floor.

In use, he basically just rode through the open doors and onto the dolly. After putting the side stand down and dismounting, he just pushed the bike to one side or the other to move it out of the way. He may have had a couple of those dollys to accommodate other bikes, but not sure.

He later built a separate multi-car garage to take the sheds place, but was unfortunately killed in bike accident over in OH before he could really get much enjoyment out of it.