• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

dragon 7-13/7-14(afterthoughts)

maverick9611

“tryin not to get old”
just back from dragon. took 175 out of hiawassee and picked up 64 to franklin nc. picked up wayah rd and took the back way to the dragon. wayah dumps out south of robbinsville nc(awesome narrow twisty mountain rd)
the dorsoduro freakin romped at deals. only 1 cop roving around so I was good to go

Last edited:
one thing the dragon does teach is proper throttle/brake/clutch/control. you really have to be on point on set ups for the corners. its constantly changing too. this helps the rider practice corner lines. after gaining confidence and speed at the dragon, all other twisties become alot easier to tackle. my opinion of course.

one thing the dragon does teach is proper throttle/brake/clutch/control. you really have to be on point on set ups for the corners. its constantly changing too. this helps the rider practice corner lines. after gaining confidence and speed at the dragon, all other twisties become alot easier to tackle. my opinion of course.
That is a great point! The amount of repetition in a single run (usually less than 20 mins) provides more corner interaction than an entire or possibly even several days of riding in other areas.

When in the area we usually run one round trip. Although o_O one year we took an afternoon and ran the road 9 times (4-1/2 round trips) was fun, it was stiflingly warm - we put a serious hurting on the PR4 GT’s 2-up loaded down and ripping it up. Had lots of Killboy pics.

Also add note - I swear it rains there 5 of 7 days in the late summer / early fall (usually between 2:30 - 5:00) even if just the briefest mountain downpour.

Maverick we are due for a short trip soon - if you’ve got a date in mind let us know. Bit of a haul for us but we could make it a long weekend and punch the clock on a few days on the ridge and surrounding area as well.

SE PA - A whole day drive by highway or 2-3 by skyline and the ridge.

Last edited: