• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ducati may have gotten Kipass right...

mcgyver74

Was out with a riding buddy of mine who is on a new Dievel,  This bike too has a "Keyless" ignition system with a transponder FOB similar to our Beloved(or behated) Kipass..

However,  there is one big difference that really stands out in my book,  if you forget your FOB and need to start the bike, there is a method you can use to enter a 5 digit code into the computer and the bike will start.  Also it doesn't use a spring loaded activation switch, it uses a pushbutton below the LCD screen.....

The technology is getting better IMHO.... :)

I guess time will tell. If they managed to do this without problems, it may be a step in the right direction. That is if they feel they have to have it?  ::)

I think given the trend towards more and more technology we are going to see this type of system more and more in bikes as well as cars and even more.

Like it or not,  I think we are headed towards the day when we have the "One fob to rule them all"  That is one transponder we carry that would start our car, our bikes, allow us to pay for groceries, unlock our homes etc......  There are a lot of security concerns with that but in time it could be worked out...

Mad River Marc said:
I think given the trend towards more and more technology we are going to see this type of system more and more in bikes as well as cars and even more.

Like it or not,  I think we are headed towards the day when we have the "One fob to rule them all"  That is one transponder we carry that would start our car, our bikes, allow us to pay for groceries, unlock our homes etc......  There are a lot of security concerns with that but in time it could be worked out...

That's right, and it will be surgically implanted too.  :-\