• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dyna beads questions

Did a search. Found a lot of info on Harley Dyna's  :-[. Want to change my own tires and am wondering about Dyna beads instead of balancing. A couple questions. 1-Can you add them through the valve stem or does the TPS sensor change this? 2-Can they in anyway damage the TPS sensor? 3-What are your thoughts on their effectiveness on the C14?  4-Can you transfer them from tire to tire? Thanks in advance.

Not sure about the TPM, as i run them in my C10.  Tire to tire? Sure.  Can't see them wearing, but i only have 1500 miles on my tires since i put them in.

I like 'em.  I spoon my own tires on, and the beads were a great option to making the trek to the bike shop.

They should be ok with TPM, as they may occasionally fall on the sensor, but they ride on the outer diameter of the tire. 

Not sure about putting them in thru the valve stem either, i dumped mine in before i spooned the 2nd bead on.

There are guys that have been running the DynaBeads in the C14 for years now with no problems with the TPS sensors themselves. Well at least no problems different than everyone else that are already having with the sensors!  :p

I have had them in my C14 for roughly 25,000 - 30,000 mi. with no problems. They can be installed thru valve stem & they can be reused. They work great!  :))
Cliff

Cap'n Bob said:
Well at least no problems different than everyone else that are already having with the sensors!  :p

Do I detect a touch of TPS envy  :D

On my last two tire change I tried the dynabeads.  They seemed to work great up to 125 mph, then the front end got a little squirrely but they worked fine on normal riding.

When I changed out the rear I decided to go back to weight because if I got a flat tire, I could see a problem because I use a plug and slime and that would not work.

I had to pour them in the sidewall before seating the bead and I have the 90° valve stem and they would not go.  Other than that I didn't notice a problem.  Not sure if you can reclaim them for the next tire, I don't see why not as long as the tire was dry inside.