• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

DynoJet Stage one question

Just had my carbs re-built last week, and decided to go with the DynoJet Stage One re-jet, and a K&N air filter. had this done at a dealers shop (yes, $$$$$!) There is now a lot more power, a powerband if you will, at 3900 rpm up to 7000 rpm. havent had a good place to get the revs higher yet! Otherwise, there is now a bit of stumble, or sputter from 3100 rpm to 3600 rpm. not really bad, but enough to notice. I really dont spend a lot of time at this RPM, so not a big issue. Is this normal for a preformance upgrade? (the sputter, that is) is having a bit of sputter a trade-off for having a strong powerband? Connie is a 2001 model thats otherwise mechanically stock. Thanks for any input!

I did a "Dale Walker" stage one kit once....It was way too rich. I got terrible mileage and it would not run at low revs at higher elevations. I basically had to start over with my jetting. For your issue, it sounds like it's either too rich or lean when the carbs are running "on the needles"...If you have shims under them, try it w/o. If bettter, it's too rich. If worse, too lean and try more shim...