• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Easy coolant tank relocation

Cherryriver

The OEM coolant tank on the project C10 developed a leak or crack at the inlet nipple. I was going to move it anyways, but that increased the motivation.
I had a second-gen Suzuki SV650S coolant bottle on the parts shelf from some long-ago forgotten project. I think I paid $16 shipped off Ebay.
The picture does better than any description. The only real time that the job took was getting at the old tank to remove it. So the whole thing went maybe forty minutes.
Rerouting the stock hoses required pulling the fuel tank, but I was going in there anyway so that didn't count.
I also wound up clipping the outlet (overflow) hose to get the length needed so it would still exhaust at the right spot on the swingarm.
I expended a ziptie at the upper flange. The bottom of this tank had a little flange that tucked perfectly behind the shock adjuster plate.
So far, 125 miles of hot weather, it's working perfectly.

Attachments

• Concours coolant reservoir.jpg
    Concours coolant reservoir.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 142