• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

EBC brake rotors

CC Rider

CC Rider
Does anyone have experience with EBC XC series front brake rotors? Murph's Kits sell them; they claim to be superior to OEM.

Thanks!

I have them on my bike. I replaced the OEM disc at 130,000 miles as they were worn beyond min thickness. The EBC's have currently have 133,000 miles on them & still look/stop good. Always used EBC pads also.

Never had a issue with the OEM's, EBC is just happens to be what I chose to replace them with.

freebird6 and Just Cliff, thanks. Just ordered new EBC rotors. I'm not disposed toward non-OEM parts, your comments sealed the deal!

I got the ebc lookalikes from Spain. They never warped despite being the bike down from 190mph to 70 mph...... Which smokes the pads. 1/2MV^2 means 190 to 70 doesn't equal 120 to 0.

Don't be tempted by the crap from China. They look like brake rotors but you will lose your life with that crap. Pay more for the real deal. And be careful in fleabay and Amazon as Chinese crap comes around as imposters w engraving of genuine stuff. They fake the box and all. Even the hologram security tape is fake. Chinese crap made to look like brand name quality stuff. Be very careful where U buy from

Installed the EBC rotors, which solved my brake pulse problem. Now on my third set of front rotors with 11,000 miles on my 2019 C14.

Which means that either:

- the OEM brake pads transferred pad material onto two sets of OEM rotors and ruined both OR
- Two sets of OEM rotors were defective OR
- The EBC video on their patented bobbins (no patent found on uspto.com) is true and all other floating rotors are suspect

All of these explanations seem highly unlikely. There was a bit of a stain on one rotor from the second OEM set, so maybe the OEM pads were the issue.

Anyway, we'll know if the problem is fixed in 7000 miles. Time to go for a ride.

I ordered a set of EBC's from Murph's but he called to tell me there were backordered at that time. Hoping it comes in soon!

It's been 9000 miles since the last post on pulsing brakes, I'm glad to say the terrible pulsation has not returned. But recently there is a bit of pulsing at high speed. So far so good with EBC rotors and pads.

I'm finding the stock pads on this 2017 I just bought somewhat grabby. Is that typical? I think I put bikemaster brand HH pads on my 08 that were very good, strong but very predictable. Probably EBC knock-offs. Budget was tight just after buying the 08 but they turned out to work well. Had some pulsing problem on the 08 but it was mostly cured by cleaning the rotors and the new pads.

Don't laugh.
I bought these as emergency spares. Had them with me at rallies in case someone needed a set quickly.
Ended up having to use them myself at a ride and liked them.
ie; Liked em' enough to buy a second set.

Only issue is they seem to wear out faster.
But for $25, so what!

Ride safe, Ted