• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

ECU Flash Comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukon

Big Wheel
Hello to all....

This is my comparison review of two companies offering ECU upgrades.

I must clarify that it is not a comparison between two people, but simply two products available to the public.

I own a 2015 model C14 with the full AreaP system.

My initial ECU Flash was installed by Shoodaben Engineering prior to the Instalation of the full exhaust system.  This Flash did make a noticeable improvement in low and mid range power, however the on-off throttle transition was not as improved as I had hoped for.

After the Instulation of the Full AreaP system I had Shoodaben upgrade the ECU to the appropriate flash.  The bike certainly felt fast but I was somewhat disappointed with the overall results and in particular the low to mid range roll on. I have installed
full exhaust systems on other bikes in the past and understand there can be some low end power losses, but i just felt there was more hidden in that motor.

After some additional research I decided to try Ivan's Performance products Flash which the company has developed for this Exhaust system.

The difference in the way this bike runs is simply amazing.

Considerably smoother at all RPM's.
On/Off throttle transitions are absolutely immaculate.
Zero Decal pop.
Sounds Crisper.
Revs much quicker, throttle response is immediate.
Low and mid range roll on power is extremely strong, much better than just a slip-on, and the top end power!! Wow.

I feel the the bike cannot run any better, smoother or stronger,  than it does now.

I will add that the service of both companies is great, and again this is my opinion of two products.

Status
Not open for further replies.