• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Electrical Question 2006 Z750s

COGnosticator

I am attaching a wiring diagram and what I need to know is this.

On the lower left it shows the alternator, with three black wires coming of the alternator and going into a junction box and three black wires going to another connector.

The first junction box is gone, my question, if I straight wire the wires does it matter which black wire coming from the alt is connected to the black wire on the other side of the connector.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Z750s.jpg
    Z750s.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 94
Hello COGnosticat0r, an alternator outputs alternating current to the rectifier/regulator. So there is no polarity at that point to worry about. If my former Navy electrician experience doesn't fail me, it shouldn't make any difference which wire goes to the other side of the connector. Just as long as all three are connected individually to one of the other three like the wiring diagram shows. I'll be interested to hear how the project turns out.  :beerchug:

tonywaters said:
Hello COGnosticat0r, an alternator outputs alternating current to the rectifier/regulator. So there is no polarity at that point to worry about. If my former Navy electrician experience doesn't fail me, it shouldn't make any difference which wire goes to the other side of the connector. Just as long as all three are connected individually to one of the other three like the wiring diagram shows. I'll be interested to hear how the project turns out.  :beerchug:

Thanks for the help, I was hoping that was the case.  I will post the results tomorrow.