• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Electronic Windshield Presets

jdrisko

Big Wheel
Hello All,

I am new to COG and to the Concours 14--My last Kawasaki was a 1979 KZ100ST that I bought new for $4000 and kept for 11 years.
Just got a beautiful black 2011 C 14 (second owner) for more than three times that amount and am getting my bike legs back after 20+ years.
A lot has changed in a couple of decades!

Nowhere in the manual does it mention Electronic Windshield Presets, just the adjusting button on page 104.
I'm sure COG has a number of people who know how to do this, as well as many other things related to the C 14.
Will one of you fine folks please tell me how to do the Electronic Windshield Presets?

Thanks!

Look in the Owners Manual beginning around page 47. There is a detailed description of the configuration settings for Language, Tire Pressure, Mileage, Outside Temp, Windshield Set, and Clock.  The windshield info begins
around page 53.  The menu sequence is initiated by pressing and holding the upper and lower button for 2 seconds.

S Smith said:
Look in the Owners Manual beginning around page 47. There is a detailed description of the configuration settings for Language, Tire Pressure, Mileage, Outside Temp, Windshield Set, and Clock.  The windshield info begins
around page 53.  The menu sequence is initiated by pressing and holding the upper and lower button for 2 seconds.

Thanks Steve!  Right there on page 51 in the "General Information" section.
Maybe I should rephrase: "Nowhere in the index does it mention Electronic Windshield Presets"
Have not yet read all 289 pages of the manual, hoping to find specific topics in the index.
Gonna start looking through pages one by one.

-Jay

Cap'n Bob said:
How new to COG can you be with a 3883 COG number?  :))  Congrats on the new to you C14.  :)

Cap'n, Sir,

I am not Elliot "Jay" Drisko Jr, #3883. Don't know how I got that ID. Just joined yesterday.
Please let me know if there's anything I should do to correct this situation.

-Jay