• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

End of Winter Meet & Greet Lunch March 3 [Seymour CT]

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
March 3 12pm - 4pm
A second annual activity due to the positive feedback last year. Weather depending you can ride or drive - no judging here. :great: There should be enough room to bring the SO or entire family. No fee - pay for your own food and beverages. View event details and please REGISTER ON THE COG WEBSITE calendar so we have an approximate headcount to provide the restaurant.
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetailPublic2.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=248671

Company (and appetizers) were excellent last year!
1/3 of winter already behind us. We will see what Punxsutawney Phil has to say soon.......

We enjoyed this event last year. I for sure be able to travel again by then so maybe we will show up. I'll speak with the better half when she gets home shortly. I wouldn't mind attending again.

Ok we're in. I registered the wife and myself. My daughter should be home that weekend and probably will come but I didn't register her. There was no guest option without filling out all sorts of information, so she's a probably, but not counted on the official tally.

It was a great time last year! I certainly hope I can return this March. I took on some additional responsibilities  :-[ and am still discovering their translation to my calendar. Damn- where is my winning lottery ticket?  :mad:

We will try to make it. Won't be sure for a couple of weeks. As I remember it from last year they had a good selection of tap craft beers and good food.

We're hoping to see some new faces mixed in with the old this year.  For incentive... I will be reaching into the raffle prize box and will have at least one item to give away - maybe more depending on the size of the group.

Jury's still out here.  If I do attend will probably be solo.  My daughter is attending pre-college courses on Saturdays at SVU in Manhattan so we prefer one of us be local.  We'll see how it plats out. :great:

Andrea and I are going to try and make this one. Bring your daughter along- I will pour salt on Wild Bill's shoulder and you know how much she likes that.....

:)

Looking forward to seeing you folks!

Brian

Terrynyc said:
Jury's still out here.  If I do attend will probably be solo.  My daughter is attending pre-college courses on Saturdays at SVU in Manhattan so we prefer one of us be local.  We'll see how it plats out. :great:

I'm Registered with better half registered too.
Looking forward to seeing everyone although the weather doesn't look great for riding.

Outstanding! We do not get to see enough of Mrs. Terry. Glad to hear she will be there.

Really, this is great 'cause we do not get to see you folks from 'the west' all that much.

Brian

Terrynyc said:
You can count my better half in too!  Looking forward to seeing folks. :great:

New weather forecast calls for 6-10" of snow by Saturday morning. Possible make up date for end of winter social?

?? My forecast (weather underground) is calling for no precipitation and temps. reaching into the mid- 40's. Lots of rain on Friday but again too warm to snow (high 30s).

Brian

Diz said:
New weather forecast calls for 6-10" of snow by Saturday morning. Possible make up date for end of winter social?

North and west might get a hit but us coastal folks look to be just getting a rain and wind event.  Should blow through by Sat am.

The dam up north of the restaurant may have the spillway open because of all the precipitation. If your coming down rt 34 from 84 once you come upon the dam you can go straight instead of going left onto the dam and go down and get a good vantage point to see across the river at the spillway. Again I don't know if the spillway will be open, so another vantage point is right after you get over the dam there is a wide breakdown lane on the right that gives a good viewing of the dam runoff right below the roadway.
See you folks tomorrow.

gMitch (Greg), How much snow do you guys have so far up in northeast corner of CT? There talking a possibility of a foot or more. Diz, your a little more south in southern Litchfield county, hope you make it too.
We haven't been able to ride to this event yet, I think someone rode last year in the cold.
See you folks tomorrow.

So far the snow has been held off to the north and west. The forecast is calling for all rain by the restaurant and surrounding areas. The rain is suppose to end by midnight, but it will still be windy. I'm hopeful this will dry the roads a bit by the time folks depart from home. 

The event is running on schedule. See you there.

Attachments

• SEYMOURRADARWEATHER.JPG
    SEYMOURRADARWEATHER.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 91
Well we got about an inch of ice/snow/slush this morning before changing back over to rain and of course the addition of high winds. They said it was about 2 inches of rain by the time it ends, so thankfully it isn't all snow like just north and west of us. But So far it does look good for us being there. As I mentioned before, it will be three of us since my young'un is home for a visit. Looking forward to seeing folks. That meat lovers pizza  was pretty good last year. I just might go for that again.

Wish we could make it but we have a good excuse. You see we were supposed to pick up Jr's new (to him) 2015 Versys 1000 today but the weather had different plans. So we're picking it up tomorrow. Got a great deal on it. 22,000 miles for 7,800 and they gave him 4k for his 650. See everyone at the Spring Fling!

I washed and waxed the bike on Thursday hoping to ride on Saturday but I guess I'll have to drive instead.  Looking forward to seeing some friendly faces I haven't seen in a while.  Put me down for 2, I'm coming alone.  :))  The Mrs. has to babysit the grandson.

We had wild weather but thankfully only a couple of icy inches to make things slippery. See you there!

Unfortunately, I am not going to make this one. Lost power last night and cannot leave the house with the generator running, and will not leave it without power so I have to skip on this one. Also lost both phone and 'Net connection so could not even check in and see that this was still on.

Very disappointing for me though because this is a pretty rare opportunity of me to see the 'western' NE folks that are a bit further away than the NE folks to our north. I was very much looking forward to seeing you folks.

Hopefully Steve or someone will host another social meet in that general area. That area is about 2 hours west for us but close enough for a lot of the western CT, MA and quite a few of the NY folks to attend and as I said, we just do not happen to get out that way very often. Especially riding is a..... (chokes on the word).... car. :-(

Hope it went well and you people had a good time. Maybe someone gave 'The Cat Joke' a shot but hey, the part that makes the joke work at all is Andrea and I know she was not there so....

Brian

S Smith said:
So far the snow has been held off to the north and west. The forecast is calling for all rain by the restaurant and surrounding areas. The rain is suppose to end by midnight, but it will still be windy. I'm hopeful this will dry the roads a bit by the time folks depart from home. 

The event is running on schedule. See you there.

Well it was another nice day spent with some fine folks. It was nice to see folks and even meet a couple of new faces. All in all a nice day. Thanks to Steve for hosting this event.

We missed ya Bri hope all turned out well at home.  Nice afternoon with the COGlodytes!  Next stop Spring Fling! :motonoises: :great:

Thanks Steve for putting this together. Two bikes in the parking lot, good food, good beer, and great people= great time. Andrea and Brian, were looking forward to seeing you guys, hope everything worked out for you. No one had the guts to try and pull off the cat joke.

We had a great time! So good to see everyone! All the talk about bike trips made me anxious as mud season is just outside the garage door and Connie just gets to sit and idle....  :mad:  Thanks Steve for hosting!

Lunch provided a new hashtag for passengers, hope Terry lets Mrs. Terry read her book  ;D

The Meet & Greet was a great time, with 16 people attending, coming from CT, NY, and NJ. The Connecticut attendees came from the north, central, and southern parts of eastern CT. From NY, Staten Staten Island, the Bronx, and Walkill were represented. One member attended from Little Ferry, NJ.

The weather turned out better than the previous day, and I anticipated we might get some walk-in attendees. The restaurant was very accommodating and set up extra seating when I mentioned there was a possibility we might get some additional walk-in participants. 

We mingled and chatted for a couple of hours noshing on a nicely assorted crudites platter of meats, cheeses, crackers, vegetables and dips. A sorts of tasty beverages were available. I decided to give away a couple of small trinkets from the NE Area box o prizes. 

(missing is Doug, who had to depart before the photo was taken)