• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

End of Year Social - Hudson [MA] - Sat 11/11/17 12 pm Horseshoe Pub

We are up to double digits on sign ups and sure hope more people are planning on coming out to this social. I'm sure
there is more talk of this event on that FaceTwitChat thing or whatever it is. See you all there!

Don't forget to sign up for the End of Year Social!  Come see some ole Coggers and share memories of the past season and bring us your ideas to make a great 2018 season!  See you all there :great:

Just wanted to say thanks to our AAD's Greg & Tracey for another outstanding end of season social. We had a great turnout, not sure
on the exact numbers and it sure seemed like everyone was having a good time. We talked about the past year and started on plans
for the coming year. Its looking to be a banner upcoming year with a ton of great events already planned and more in the planning stages.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to come out for some fun and games.

It was great seeing all you folks. I think it has been a year or so since we have been able to meet up with 'The Usual Suspects' and Andrea and I were thrilled we made this lunch. As always the restaurant was excellent the food excellent and the camaraderie outstanding! Great to see all you folks again.

And even Andrea did well given her little foot situation (hence the name 'Gimpy') and more than rose to the occasion to meet up with you folks. We were a little wary of the stairs but they proved no match for her determination to join the group and catch up on how everyone is doing. We really missed tech. day and so are a bit deprived of associating with you fine folks.

Thanks so much for inviting us, it was a great time! This was our first real day out since her minor surgery and it could not have been spent with better people or at a better event. Other than that little faux pas when she reached the bottom of the stairs and turned right (into the kitchen) instead of left, and that insensitive guy said that 'they cut her foot and her eyes do not work, like Stevie Wonder', which I felt was in terrible taste but others seemed to find it amusing (for shame people, for shame!).

A wonderful day, and while Andrea was pretty tuckerd out, I think this is the best time she has had in the last 10 days or so, so again, thanks to all who were there and those who put on this wonderful event!

Brian

P.S. I know Andrea was a little slow climbing the stairs with crutches but next time I promise to bring a sheet- rock screw, which I have found greatly improves her performance in moving from point A to point B.

And great to hear that Tech. Day is back on in the great state of Massachusetts! We will be there with bells on and fully prepped to service bikes, abuse riders and generally create mayhem as much as possible. On a more serious note, Tech. Day has always been my very favorite group event: great people, great dogs, great food, a lot of fun overall, and we even manage to somehow make a little progress in helping folks with their various bike projects. I am on the lookout for a way to deal with these new TMPS sensors and I know Pat will have the soldering iron hot and ready so we should be able to do some real damage again in 2018.

Brian and Andrea (who is fast asleep, this was a relative long day for her but she loved spending it with you folks.... instead of me :) )

Fantastic seeing everyone!  Good times ahead.  Thank you all for your suggestions and those who are willing to host events or help out along the way.
As a Canadian I was happy to introduce more people to Quebec's gift to the world - "Poutine"!!

Here's the photo I took toward the end of our M&G.  I missed Tom and Susann (they had already left).  Everyone else should be somewhere in the frame ... except for the one behind the camera.

Attachments

• DSC07939-sm.jpg
    DSC07939-sm.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 96