• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Engine Heat

mattgarr57

What year, if there is such a model year improvement, addresses the issue of getting or reducing the engine heat away from the rider's crotch and legs?  I saw someone say an improvement came in 2011?  Was there also another in 2014?  I had a 1100xx and it rode hot.  I now have a ST1100 and it's pretty good actually.  I chose a used ST1100 over a used ST1300 primarily due to the bad engine heat reputation of the ST1300.  I am still interested in the Concours and have been looking around.

2010 is when they made a change to the fairings. That said, I had Ivan flash my 08, which used to run really hot, and it’s so much cooler now. Fan doesn’t come on as often nor as long. Even in high heat, it runs a full bar cooler than it used to.

This is my first summer with my '12 Connie and we've already hit triple digits.  So far so good with absolutely no heat roasting my lower extremities, even in stop-and-go. 

My 09 absolutely roasted me in traffic today. 95F outside, my little dash thermometer got to 120 once the fan kicked on and started blowing the super heated engine air up on me. I think it's getting the Stevie flash asap. Also, this bike is bone stock and while it makes terrific midrange surge @4-8k it feels to really flatten above 8k though it does keep pulling. Is that normal for a stocker?

My ST1300 was an absolute nut roaster. I tried every heat mitigation modification and sold it in just two months, it robbed me of my joy of riding. Early model Concours 1400's have heat issues although not as bad as the ST1300. 2010 Concours1400 and up have been greatly improved. Heat from bike is a non issue for me, just the Florida heat.

HeavyRotation said:
My 09 absolutely roasted me in traffic today. 95F outside, my little dash thermometer got to 120 once the fan kicked on and started blowing the super heated engine air up on me. I think it's getting the Stevie flash asap. Also, this bike is bone stock and while it makes terrific midrange surge @4-8k it feels to really flatten above 8k though it does keep pulling. Is that normal for a stocker?

Yes. Absolutely normal for a stock bike. Guaranteed it’ll run cooler after flashing. Ivan’s tune is fantastic. I can’t say much about Steve’s due to very limited experience with it, but you can’t go wrong either way.

There's some heat dams under the tank on the 08/ 9's that will help keep some of the heat from getting up in the crotch area. Sometimes during servicing they can be dislodged or removed and the heat gets up there. I had an 09 and it was missing those dams when I bought it. I tried adding the foam lower dams from ebay, and it pushed all the heat up to spew out around the edges of the tank. Can you sing "roasting chestnuts by the fire"?
Steve

The hot '08-'09 cockpit isn't a bug...it's a feature.

I have an '08 ABS which is set up for cool to downright cold (0F or lower) days, and my '12 is set up for cool to hot three-season riding when I don't feel like getting my cruisers drenched in a downpour. Which Ahia seems to have a lot of lately.  :mad:

The wind protection and cockpit heat on the '08 makes near-zero riding doable, even with just a set of chaps over pants...or a non-heated riding suit. I do have hookups for heated pants liners and a seat heater on both bikes, should I need them.

Thanks for the replies.  So they did some fairing redesign in 2010 that helped the heat.  Were there any further improvements to improve rider heat after 2010?  I am looking around and just want to be looking at the correct model years.  I saw Tundra's comment on the ST1300, and it does have a reputation for riding hot.  I currently have a ST1100 and I bought it over a ST1300 for that very reason.  I had a Honda Blackbird not long ago and that mutha would get hot. 

A Really basic question, but what's the story on Ivan's flash?  Exactly what is it? 

MATTGARR57 said:
Thanks for the replies.  So they did some fairing redesign in 2010 that helped the heat.  Were there any further improvements to improve rider heat after 2010?  I am looking around and just want to be looking at the correct model years.  I saw Tundra's comment on the ST1300, and it does have a reputation for riding hot.  I currently have a ST1100 and I bought it over a ST1300 for that very reason.  I had a Honda Blackbird not long ago and that mutha would get hot. 

A Really basic question, but what's the story on Ivan's flash?  Exactly what is it?

Ivan’s flash— pull out the ECU, send it to him. He reprograms the fuel maps and sends it back. Instant smiles. Bike runs smoother, cooler, far better low speed manners, and smooth, predictable, and copious amounts of power everywhere in the rev range.

So a full system that ditches the cat and a Shoodaben flash will help out, yes? It wasn't even hot today (75F) but i dualsported the 09 for about 300 miles and on the longer gravel sections just tooling in 3rd it roasted my nootsek pretty bad. Love the bike, just needs better off/on fueling, less top end restriction and some heat mitigation. Should i wait to install the full Del system until you've had time to mess with it or will the MRP be pretty close? Thanks.

Can't comment on a flash helping with heat.  Steve mentioned the heat dams.  I would make sure that all of those were in place.  Some of us are of the opinion that good riding gear can insulate you from all of that heat.  There should be plenty of threads discussing how to deal with unwanted heat.  Here ya go.  Should keep you busy reading for a while.
https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aforum.cog-online.org+C14+heat&oq=site%3Aforum.cog-online.org+C14+heat&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.32989j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

And this from a long time COG member.
http://forum.cog-online.org/shoodaben-engineering/about-shoodaben-engineering-and-my-services/
Steve's work is highly regarded among the COG membership.
I just got my reflashed ECU back from Steve about a week ago, and after putting some miles on it to evaluate it, it is truly amazing...it runs now like it should have when the bike was new. Much better low speed smoothness, better power and better fuel economy to boot. With conservative riding on VA conservative back roads (lol) its pretty easy to get a real 50 mpg out of it. If you ride it like you stole it, its still mid 40s. Steve does nice work and is patient and explains things well. Very good guy to deal with. Money well spent for sure.

I just got my reflashed ECU back from Steve about a week ago, and after putting some miles on it to evaluate it, it is truly amazing...it runs now like it should have when the bike was new. Much better low speed smoothness, better power and better fuel economy to boot. With conservative riding on VA conservative back roads (lol) its pretty easy to get a real 50 mpg out of it. If you ride it like you stole it, its still mid 40s. Steve does nice work and is patient and explains things well. Very good guy to deal with. Money well spent for sure.
Steve is a GREAT guy & does top notch work. I have his "Hammer" flash on my 2012 & it is incredible !.

So a full system that ditches the cat and a Shoodaben flash will help out, yes? It wasn't even hot today (75F) but i dualsported the 09 for about 300 miles and on the longer gravel sections just tooling in 3rd it roasted my nootsek pretty bad. Love the bike, just needs better off/on fueling, less top end restriction and some heat mitigation. Should i wait to install the full Del system until you've had time to mess with it or will the MRP be pretty close? Thanks.
read black widow and aftermarket header thread. your connie will ❤️ it. flashing a must. i don’t get into who’s the best. do your research. i use ivan’s.

Attachments

• C9DBB210-F575-4972-B3FD-FE46C466F56F.jpeg
    C9DBB210-F575-4972-B3FD-FE46C466F56F.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 138
I've noticed my temps have come WAY down after getting Shoodaben's Mountain Runner Premium flash. And when I'm stuck in stop-and-go traffic it'll heat up like any other combustion engine but cools off far quicker than stock. Before the flash I had the temp hit the top even though outdoor temps were in the 60's. Now I get one bar above the mid-tick on the gauge at long stop lights on super hot days. Vast improvement IMO.

And this from a long time COG member.
http://forum.cog-online.org/shoodaben-engineering/about-shoodaben-engineering-and-my-services/
Steve's work is highly regarded among the COG membership.
Can't comment on a flash helping with heat. Steve mentioned the heat dams. I would make sure that all of those were in place. Some of us are of the opinion that good riding gear can insulate you from all of that heat. There should be plenty of threads discussing how to deal with unwanted heat. Here ya go. Should keep you busy reading for a while.
https://www.google.com/search?q=sit...9i57j69i58.32989j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
I have had some trouble with heating up in traffic but even on a long road ride at highway speeds (60-80) the heat from lower part of the fairing is mighty distracting in hot weather. So after not really finding any solutions here that I was willing to buy into, I decided to do some homebrew engineering and see if I couldn't mitigate the problem enough to make it so I could actually ride in hot weather if I wanted to. The first stop was my local home depot where I found 2 inch thick heat shield styrofoam in a 24" square size suitable for carving up to fit in the open space inside the fairing. I started with the left side and just cut a piece I thought was slightly too large and began cutting it down and testing for fit...yeah its slow and its an iterative process that wont yield perfection by any means. And in its current form doesnt look all that great, but I only pulled one screw, the one near the top of the fairing next to the tank. I have only ridden the bike once in hot dry weather since the left side modification but it seems to have reduced the heat quite a bit on that side. If the heating problem causing you enough grief, this is a project well worth pursuing. In my case it removed me from the bike for well over two weeks while the heat rash healed up. Sufficient motivation for me for sure. This week it has rained every day with forecasted rain thru the weekend so no more hot day rides in the short term. I hope for better next week. I am not at all sure how to post photos here to show what was done...but like I said it isnt pretty but is effective. And very cheap to implement.

I am intending on cutting a piece for the right side of the bike and once I determine if I am happy with the results overall or not will try to figure out a way to make something that meets some appearance standards. Like painting the new shields black so they blend in with whats inside the fairing and also making a once piece shield that could be installed or removed relatively easily depending what time of the year you are riding. The motivation to solve this in a way that costs me time more than money is there. And if when I am done, I end up with something that can be duplicated, I would like to share that with the group.

At the risk of sounding like the Flex Seal guy, if you love what Steve's flash did to lower your engine's heat, don't forget to try his "Coolant Cocktail" too when you do your next coolant change -

Since I started using it my bike runs cooler overall, and cools down quicker when it does get hot.

i’m not getting into flash wars. i use evans coolant and ivan’s flash with outerheat louver removed. full bw exhaust with 2brothers can. it works for me.

Attachments

• 1E1167F2-B37A-49C2-9618-3B864AAA794B.png
    1E1167F2-B37A-49C2-9618-3B864AAA794B.png
    1 MB · Views: 135
Mine is flashed, the gauge rarely goes above the middle in moderate Temps, lately just 1 bar.. Although the cat is eliminated the engine still throws some heat to my legs that is excessive imo. I put heat reflective tape on the inside of the upper fairing in front of my knees. Hope it helps, if not I'm out less than $20

Attachments

• 20210610_171244.jpg
    20210610_171244.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 20210610_163742.jpg
    20210610_163742.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 158
Mine is flashed, the gauge rarely goes above the middle in moderate Temps, lately just 1 bar.. Although the cat is eliminated the engine still throws some heat to my legs that is excessive imo. I put heat reflective tape on the inside of the upper fairing in front of my knees. Hope it helps, if not I'm out less than $20

Can we get these pictures from a different angle? I'm having a difficult time visualizing this based on their current orientation facing down.

Did you cover the louver openings, thereby making the radiator's hot air flow further back into the engine bay toward the tank and seat?

Just asking, not being a wanker. If this works I'd consider doing something like this on mine with our humid heat here in TX.

Left for a quick run with kiddo early this morning (6:30am) just as the sun was coming over the horizon. Outside temp was already 75F and rose quickly. By the time we got home at 9:30am it was already 90F and my left leg was getting just a bit toasty if we weren't running at 75mph+.

Temp gauge showed three ticks, right at the middle operating temp mark. After the flash this machine runs much MUCH cooler but still gets warm.

i’m not getting into flash wars. i use evans coolant and ivan’s flash with outerheat louver removed. full bw exhaust with 2brothers can. it works for me.

You should research Evan's. It's not helping you at all. The advantage of Evans is that it can take a lot of heat and not pressurize. It's basically for vehicles that tend to run warm, it mitigates the pressure factor. To my knowledge it's not good at heat absorbtion and loss. Evans has been around for a long time, and i did research it quite a bit back when I was building automotive engines. Another downside is that you really need to get all the water out of the system or it "polutes" the Evans. Don't take my word for any of this, research it yourself.

Steve

These are the only pics I took before I reinstalled them. I put the tape on the flattish area directly in front of the knee/shin. No the louvers are not covered.

The temp gauge being right in the middle is fine,esp for those conditions, imo..

You should research Evan's. It's not helping you at all. The advantage of Evans is that it can take a lot of heat and not pressurize. It's basically for vehicles that tend to run warm, it mitigates the pressure factor. To my knowledge it's not good at heat absorbtion and loss. Evans has been around for a long time, and i did research it quite a bit back when I was building automotive engines. Another downside is that you really need to get all the water out of the system or it "polutes" the Evans. Don't take my word for any of this, research it yourself.

Steve
i have and it works fine, i used the evans prep also to remove any residual water.

2010 is when they made a change to the fairings. That said, I had Ivan flash my 08, which used to run really hot, and it’s so much cooler now. Fan doesn’t come on as often nor as long. Even in high heat, it runs a full bar cooler than it used to.
I have Steve's Mountain Runner Premium flash on my 09. The same can be said about it too. Runs better, cooler with an honest 10% increase in gas mileage. (stock potato launcher) I don't have to get on the brakes as much because it has great engine braking. I can run a gear higher in the corners. I put a Black Widow can on it but have not gone on a longer ride to see what effects it has. At some point I will de cat with black Widow headers. Which will mean a trip back to Steve.

To mitigate heat on the feet, I have a pair of Danner insolated boots I wore when I was a working Cop. They keep the feet cool in the summer, warm in the winter when on the C14.

My 2010 Connie and I were put to the ultimate heat torture test last Tuesday for 80 miles. ( 4.30 pm ) Starting home from work on Coronado Island just south of San Diego it was a comfortable 80 degrees as I set out for Menifee where I live. Just a few miles later just north of the downtown area it was up to 90. By the time I got to Escondido it was a 100. It actually dropped a little north of there ranging between 91 and 99 degrees as I cruised up the I-15. As I got close to Temecula the triple digit numbers came into play and oftentimes was seeing 106 to 108 at speed. My engine temperature bar only had 1 bar left to go when I got home and as I drove into the garage the fan kicked on. Between the heat and the Sun shining on my blue jeans this was the most uncomfortable journey I had been on in years. When I stripped down in the house my thighs had little red dots all over ( dozens ) which all disappeared after taking one of the nicest cool showers I have had in a while. :)

Next time the weatherman says its going into triple digits I am driving the Caddy and spending the cash on gas to be comfortable.

Right? Everything devolves into a pissing contest. Someone asks about heat dissipation, tires, oil, seats, windscreens, anal beads or whatever, and it turns into a flash testimonial.

Right? Everything devolves into a pissing contest. Someone asks about heat dissipation, tires, oil, seats, windscreens, anal beads or whatever, and it turns into a flash testimonial.
Trust me, I'm fed up with it too. Everytime I post something that's meant to address just the single issue - exhaust, heat dissipation, whatever, some of y'all think it has something to do with flashing. You might forget - or never even knew - that I have been doing technical support on the forum for years and years, along with having been a past COG technical editor. But now every time I post something that is actually factually true, like large head pipes on headers reduce low rpm / light throttle response, or that Evan's isn't helping to dissipate heat, someone is getting their panties in a wad. To the point that I just about stopped posting. To heck with it, I'm tired of y'all trying to bully me into silence. Don't like what I have to say? Change the channel. Ignore me, PLEASE. There are other who will research what I say and find out I'm giving sound advise. I'm tired of worrying about your oh so sensitive feelers.

And if you notice, the very first response was a flash testimonial that kicked off the other responses. Now why don't you go back and read what flash it was about, and who wrote it. In fact he went back to the well 3 times - 3 different posts - to mention it. HMMM.
Steve

Last edited:
Trust me, I'm fed up with it too. Everytime I post something that's meant to address just the single issue - exhaust, heat dissipation, whatever, some of y'all think it has something to do with flashing. You might forget - or never even knew - that I have been doing technical support on the forum for years and years, along with having been a past COG technical editor. But now every time I post something that is actually factually true, like large head pipes on headers reduce low rpm / light throttle response, or that Evan's isn't helping to dissipate heat, someone is getting their panties in a wad. To the point that I just about stopped posting. To heck with it, I'm tired of y'all trying to bully me into silence. Don't like what I have to say? Change the channel. Ignore me, PLEASE. There are other who will research what I say and find out I'm giving sound advise. I'm tired of worrying about your oh so sensitive feelers.

And if you notice, the very first response was a flash testimonial that kicked off the other responses. Now why don't you go back and read what flash it was about, and who wrote it. In fact he went back to the well 3 times - 3 different posts - to mention it. HMMM.
Steve
You do come off as being a bit sensitive and get caught up in your feelings way too much, just ignore it. People that want to use you, will and the rest will turn to Ivan. Congrats at being on the forefront of Connie tuning, I'm sure you're a wealth of knowledge. I personally used Ivan's, instead of you, because of his decades long knowledge and experience tuning Yamahas, of which I have more than a decade using his products and tunes. Turns out he can also tune a Kawasaki too.
The original responder went back to the well 3 times, so what. Isn't that what your loyal customers do too? Beat a dead horse into the ground? They sure do and that's why I posted what I did.

So, if I can interject here, the real reason this gets heated (pun intended) is that everybody wants to feel like they're part of a tribe. That's cool (again, pun intended). And the funny thing is, we're pretty much ALL in the same tribe (no matter which tune is opted for) because we're in a Kawasaki Concours Owner's Group. Can't get much more simple than that.

Everyone is a king in their own mind, but there are actual titans amongst us. The top tuners have far more depth in understanding the physics and functionality of our motors than some would like to admit. It's analogous to taking your Jaguar to a Jag mechanic and then telling him how the thing should or shouldn't be fixed. Why would you act this way? What is there to be gained? Ego points?

Personally, I appreciate everyone's input and just let the immature social media users do their thing. They're probably normal in real life, but once they get behind a keyboard their inner child comes out. As long as we aren't stooping to that level we're fine. Flamers end up scorching themselves eventually, and along the way everyone gets to observe and adjust expectations accordingly.

Be cool. Have fun. Share what you got if you wanna. Or don't. That's the joy of freedom. Use it while you've still got it.

You do come off as being a bit sensitive and get caught up in your feelings way too much, just ignore it. People that want to use you, will and the rest will turn to Ivan. Congrats at being on the forefront of Connie tuning, I'm sure you're a wealth of knowledge. I personally used Ivan's, instead of you, because of his decades long knowledge and experience tuning Yamahas, of which I have more than a decade using his products and tunes. Turns out he can also tune a Kawasaki too.
The original responder went back to the well 3 times, so what. Isn't that what your loyal customers do too? Beat a dead horse into the ground? They sure do and that's why I posted what I did.

OK, let's take a look at this thread. I posted on it 2 times prior to engaging you.

1) - I posted about heat dams on the 08-09 models, in response to talk about the early models being hot. NO mention of flashing.
2) I posted about coolant, in response to the conversation regarding coolant choices. NO mention of flashing.

Let's also look at this thread, at your response
1) - ALL ABOUT flashing, quoted above.
2) - Why you made the choices you did, etc... feeling a need to explain yourself although nobody questioned your choice, or badmouthed your choice.
3) - You sidestep the fact of who first started pushing a flash and which flash it is, and then it's all the fault of my "loyal customers".

The very absolute and simple fact is the one person on this thread making it all about flashing and choices thereof is you.

I remember an old saying I heard. "don't start trouble and there won't be any trouble."

Steve

Last edited:
OK, let's take a look at this thread. I posted on it 2 times prior to engaging you.

1) - I posted about heat dams on the 08-09 models, in response to talk about the early models being hot. NO mention of flashing.
2) I posted about coolant, in response to the conversation regarding coolant choices. NO mention of flashing.

Let's also look at this thread, at your response
1) - ALL ABOUT flashing, quoted above.
2) - Why you made the choices you did, etc... feeling a need to explain yourself although nobody questioned your choice, or badmouthed your choice.
3) - You sidestep the fact of who first started pushing a flash and which flash it is, and then it's all the fault of my "loyal customers".

The very absolute and simple fact is the one person on this thread making it all about flashing and choices thereof is you.

I remember an old saying I heard. "don't start trouble and there won't be any trouble."

Steve

Hi Steve,

I have heard from many reliable sources that you are THE MAN on the C-14 and I believe them. My grandfather had an expression that I just love, "let the dogs bark, the train they are barking at couldn't care less and just keeps rolling along."

As far as flashes are concerned - I have no opinion, nor should anyone really care. If you got it, and like it, big friggin deal what other people think! I hate curb feelers and lowered vehicles, but some people love them. To each his own, but good luck making me love your personal choice - because it probably will not happen as I like to be an independent thinker. I take advice from multiple good sources and then decide for myself. Because all the my team vs yours is really kinda silly - yet people persist anyway. You're a good man Steve and please keep up the great work and research.

Background: I bought my Silver (Ted hates that) 2011 early last year. The prior owner heavily modified the bike and it was extensively farkled (including Canyon Cages). I spoke to the prior owner on the phone once because he had the bike at a dealership on consignment and I had some questions. Great guy - he told me quite a bit about it, including how he chose to do the exhaust and flash. According to him, he shipped the bike from California to I think he said Florida to have the exhaust and flash done with a dyno. He never mentioned what flash was done, but he did say the headers where changed along with the muffler (it is a Two Brother "Black" Carbon Fiber). Do I love the bike? You bet I do! Does it run great? Absolutely! Do I know what flash is in it? I don't have the first clue, nor do I care! It works well, and that's all that really matters to me - and getting caught up in the minutia would only spoil the ride.........

Last edited:
I don't hate Silver. I just like 2014 RED more.. <grin>

As far as pissing wars, I don't see where Steve started anything related to Flashes.
He was sharing information about heat and Evans Coolant.
It's his opinion, and I appreciated him sharing it.

The discussion seemed like a good discussion with many sharing their thoughts/information.
Some of those thoughts moved to which Flash someone else likes.
Ok, so what. It was a persons opinion and that person shared it.
(again) It's his opinion, and I appreciated him sharing it.
Fine, nothing to argue about. Let's move on..

Why don't we all go back to sharing our thought's and stop bickering?
PS: My thought is; 2014 RED is the fastest color... 🤠

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:

As far as pissing wars, I don't see where Steve started anything related to Flashes.
Seemed like a good discussion with many sharing their thoughts/information.
Some of those thoughts moved to which Flash someone likes.
Ok, so what. It was a persons opinion and he shared it.
Fine, move on..

Why don't we go back to sharing our thought's and stop bickering?

Ride safe, Ted

Concur. We’re all big boys and girls here. It’s not like anyone is gonna win any prizes either. 😜

You are sitting on top of a high performance engine. One of the byproducts of that is heat. At low speed a lot of the heat is dumped out on your legs. You need to insulate yourself from this heat. Shorts or jeans are not a good choice. I wear kevlar lined pants and boots, and have found it to be more comfortable than jeans. They keep both the radiator heat and sun heat off my skin better than jeans and sneakers.

40 years ago I did a long ride with cool looking driving gloves that had cutouts at the knuckles. Sunburnt my hands so bad I had a hard time getting to my keys in my pocket. I wear proper gloves now.

Seemed like a good discussion with many sharing their thoughts/information.
Some of those thoughts moved to which Flash someone likes.
Ok, so what. It was a persons opinion and he shared it.
Fine, move on..

Why don't we go back to sharing our thought's and stop bickering?

Ride safe, Ted
ahhhhh, silver!!

Attachments

• A295927D-40A6-472E-975D-B3D0D00065A3.jpeg
    A295927D-40A6-472E-975D-B3D0D00065A3.jpeg
    282.9 KB · Views: 144
2014 C-14
I was feeling around with my bare hands when riding hot where the hot air was coming from.
I found a source-it was from my battery cover on the bottom of it.
I've got a black bike and duct taped that gap with black duct tape and it helped a bunch.
Nick

Ahhhhh, RED.. :devilish:
NOTE: (coolest color too)

View attachment 29721

It can't make up it's mind if it wants to be red or purple. But I'm sure Prince would have rode it in his movie instead of that Honda with the Vetter fairing. In any case it looks slow, but the grass looks nice.

But if you like the slowest color, that's cool. It's still a great bike just dying to be let out of that red jail so it can stretch it's legs and run.

I see ya'll takin' snips' at my bike.
But that's ok...
We all realize that; Your just jealous, of the purty RED color. 🤣

Ride safe, Ted

Yupp, the Candy Diamond Red "is" purdy close to 2014 Candy Cardinal Red..
(But, it's not as cool, nor "as fast"). 🤣

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
TED, do i have to remind u, that a bike painted in Corvette atomic orange HAS to be the faster bike.... just the paint alone gives me 20 more mph....!!! 🤪

Attachments

• IMG-20160610-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20160610-WA0002.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 133
Adding
Yupp, the Candy Diamond Red "is" purdy close to 2014 Candy Cardinal Red..
(But, it's not as cool, nor "as fast"). 🤣

Ride safe, Ted
The fact that it includes "Candy" in the name is an open admission that it is not a serious or fast color. It is just "toying" around with the idea, but is not serious. Or at least not "Atomic" serious, only cotton candy serious. :ROFLMAO:

Chevy and Kawasaki get it when they develop a fast color because the call them Atomic. But there is hope Ted, you can always repaint it.......

The reason we use a cute name like "Candy" is to draw in the unsuspecting.

Sorta like; Here kitty, kitty, kitty... :devilish:

Ride safe, Ted