• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ephrata Bikers Breakfast Events for 2018 [PA-MD]

4bikes

COG#9715 AAD
I’m kicking off a new thread for the Ephrata Bikers Breakfast for 2018.  Here is the link to the old thread that includes ride maps, etc. 

http://forum.cog-online.org/northeast-events/ephrata-bikers-breakfast-as-a-regular-cog-event/

We will follow the same format at last year.  Arrive between 8:30 and 10:30 AM and check out the thousand or so bikes.  We then plan for some type of optional informal ride or -ride to eat- on the way out, leaving around 11:00 AM.  We park near the loading dock at the upper end of the parking lot.

The address for the Bikers Breakfast is:
American Legion Post 429
300 Cocalico St
Ephrata, Pennsylvania

Dates added to the Calendar are:

Sunday April 1st (Note this Easter Sunday, but the event is still being held)
Sunday May 6th
Sunday June 3rd
Sunday July 1st
Sunday August 5th
Sunday September 2nd
Sunday October 7th

I’ll probably make it to a few. I used to attend regularly but haven’t been in a couple years.  I just bought a used C14 last week. Anyone head up from southern Chester County? 
Greg

Welcome Greg. You will love the C-14 and learn a lot just hanging around parking lot talking with some seasoned owners. My daughter lives in Chester County, but the only Cog member I can recall is Shaun (Brass) and he from near Royersford. We have ridden east several times from the event, so if you ever want to, show us some good roads in your area. 

Thanks for the welcome! :) I live near Oxford PA which is very close to the Delaware and Maryland State lines.  I sold my last bike 2 years ago due to a transfer at work and no time to ride, that one was a HD Street Glide. Prior to that I had a  Ducati ST4s, Speed Triple and a Monster S2R.  Unfortunately the weather has been rotten since I picked up the Concours.  Looking forward to putting some miles on.

Is it still going on this sunda 4/1/18 sisce it is Easter , will be showing up with a couple of people,  but won't be able to do the ride

Can't make this first one since I'll be wide open throttle down south.  :motonoises:  Someone report back for the newsletter...... ;)

We are creeping up on the first Sunday of May on the 6th, and some great riding weather is in the forecast. Chime in if you think you are showing up.  Or just show up. Get the chicken sandwich (you can smell them cooking away in the parking lot) and not the breakfast is my recommendation. I have a ride in mind that will end up near Columbia. New roads too.  :motonoises: As always, rides are up for debate and last minute whims. 

Well... It's not Easter this month... I'm going to try and make it. It also depends on the level of Patron in my blood from Saturday night :)

And it depends on the weather.... Looking like cloudy and showers for this Sunday. I don't mind riding in the rain but it will kill the turn out for this thing... If things change I'll still make it. If not I'll see everyone at Wellsboro :)

There is a high probability of rain most of the day tomorrow. It’s not a matter that we can’t tough it out. It’s more that wet roads mean an empty parking lot. So I’m not going and already made new plans. See everyone at Wellsboro.

4Bikes said:
We are creeping up on the first Sunday of May on the 6th, and some great riding weather is in the forecast. Chime in if you think you are showing up.  Or just show up. Get the chicken sandwich (you can smell them cooking away in the parking lot) and not the breakfast is my recommendation. I have a ride in mind that will end up near Columbia. New roads too.  :motonoises: As always, rides are up for debate and last minute whims.
Creeping up on the next one. Same plan, but Sunday June 3rd. Who is going?  This will be the first one of the season for me.  :motonoises:

Supposed to rain,  so I'm going to ride the C10 to breakfast in York at the Round the clock diner on rt30 & rt83 at 8:30

It was chilly and windy, but not raining.  Only about 80 bikes and no outdoor vendors.  Either it was my turn to be the lone COG sentry, or I photo shopped out the rest of you.  :rotflmao: I had a great ride at Texter Mountain anyway.  :motonoises:

ephratasolo.jpg

Reminder that July 1st is the first Sunday. Anybody beside me and Fish going?  Should be a good turnout overall.

So far we have Fish on his Wing, Jack on his Z900, and my brother on his Heritage. I’ll hang the COG banner from the only Concours.  :-\

It's that time again, the first Sunday is September 2nd.  It will be a great day to ride over and view the bikes.  :motonoises:

4Bikes said:
It's that time again, the first Sunday is Sept 2nd.  It will be a great day to ride over and view the bikes.  :motonoises:
One would think that since I put all the dates in the first post and this stuff on the calendar I would know the date. I corrected it.  :-[

Hopefully we will see a great COG turnout for the final Ephrata event this coming Sunday on the 7th. The weather couldn't be beat for the past Sunday COG ride, so let's hope for a repeat.  From my discussions, there are at least 5 attending.  Hopefully we can go for a ride and have Greg run out of gas and coast perfectly down a hill to a waiting gas pump.  That's impressive riding and planning if you ask me.  :motonoises:

The mild weather made for a decent October turnout. It was a little damp and misty in the morning - it looked like a little bit of rain on the ride in from King of Prussia, even though no rain was forecasted - but it was relatively warm and not uncomfortable. I remembered to bring my drone this time...

Attachments

• 43315804_1956781661011122_3024675789871251456_n.jpg
    43315804_1956781661011122_3024675789871251456_n.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 90
Nice meeting you Jeff, and thanks for joining COG.  You picked up a nice C-14 for sure.  :great:  That drone was getting some attention.  Nice shot!  Our COG lineup consists of the bikes in the lower right.  I agree that the misty morning cut down on attendance.  Greg and I had a great ride around Texter Mountain area, but great if you don't count that the roads were wet with leaves and a gazillion huge walnuts laying in the middle of the turns....