• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Event registration cancellation

fastenova

Hello COG Webmasters,

I have an event scheduled and had a couple of cancellations. One of the members who had to cancel asked if there was a way for him to cancel his registration through the Event page. It's easy enough for me to note that they're not joining us but this might be a useful function to add, especially for larger events so that the event creator/team can use the event page to accurately track attendees, including those who have to cancel.

Thanks,
Aaron

Unfortunately, the software/service doesn't allow for people to cancel their own registration, COG can't change that. I believe it's probably due to the fact that in some cases some monies must then be refunded and at that point it might be important to have human intervention to make sure the correct amounts and such are properly handled.

It seems like it would be a good idea for the refund/cancellation function to be done at the "host" level, but it's not, it's at an admin level. So, a host can't handle the cancellations, (at this time).

For now, an attendee wishing to cancel should contact the ride host/AAD and let them know (using the contact information provided on the specific event registration page). If the host would like them removed from the registered list (and I understand why this is desired), they should contact the COG's Event Coordinator (Mark is a great guy and super helpful)

COG would probably do it differently if we could.

Wandrng,

That makes sense, thanks for the reply! Yeah, Mark is great and was very helpful in setting up the event... I was just thinking if there was a way to cancel built in the system rather than bugging him it would be better. :)

Cheers,
Aaron

Wandrng,

That makes sense, thanks for the reply! Yeah, Mark is great and was very helpful in setting up the event... I was just thinking if there was a way to cancel built in the system rather than bugging him it would be better. :)

Cheers,
Aaron

No worries bugging Mark... he would probably tell you this is part of being Event Coordinator ;)