• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Extra underseat mounting brackets?

shredran

Hi all, does anyone have an extra set of the underseat hooked mounting brackets that you use to click the seat into place? There are three total brackets and I need a set of new ones otherwise my seat won’t connect to the bike. These brackets are screwed into the bottom of the seat and are not purchasable as standalone parts. The only option is by purchasing a brand new OEM seat.

Or look for a used one. They appear here and E Bay once in awhile substantially cheaper than a new one .

You can also look for a used seat for a Ninja ZX14, Same latch's & I've had a stock ZX14 seat on my Connie before.

The brackets won't be laying around unattached. You will have to find an OEM seat as stated above. You can always find them on ebay and ever so often someone will let go of one here on the forum in the for sale department.

You can also look for a used seat for a Ninja ZX14, Same latch's & I've had a stock ZX14 seat on my Connie before.
Same rear latch, but I've seen some Ninja 14 seats that, although essentially the same seat body, actually use a different type of mount in the middle of the seat...sort of dual pins into a latch body that is actuated at the same time as the rear latch. Personally it looks more secure than the C14 hooks, but I guess it doesn't matter as the OP is looking for hooks.

Someone on one of these concours pages/forums had made some of the hook style brackets, i have a set , they are not as sturdy as the OEM . But if you want mine ill send them yo you.

The ZX14 seat pan is the same as the C14, however the seat metal brackets are different bolted to the bottom. I have had to swap brackets when trying a ZX14 seat to my C14. I can unbolt the hardware on my C14 and or ZX14 easily and swap away.

I also have an early 08 C14 seat, and those brackets unbolt from the seat pan. If you have a stock seat they can be removed and swapped over.

I switched seats with a buddy that had a 2012 ZX14 over 8 years ago for a few days. It's possible we switched brackets. Been so long ago !.
Same pan but the rear brackets are different. Does the zx14 seat not lock on the Concours? I have both seats and was going to ship,one off to get custom built, maybe I’ll be changing brackets !

Same pan but the rear brackets are different. Does the zx14 seat not lock on the Concours? I have both seats and was going to ship,one off to get custom built, maybe I’ll be changing brackets !
Rear brackets are the same, the mid seat brackets are different. The ZX14 has a locking bracket at the rear same as the C14, but it also has locking pins at the mid-section that goes into a ZX14 cable release receiver that the C14 doesn't have. The C14 simply has the hooks that go under a cross bar in the mid section.
Could one ride without the mid seat hooks and just use the front and rear attachment points? Probably could, but if you do lots of leaning off of the seat in corners it may not be a good idea. I've ridden hundreds of miles where upon arrival at the day's destination I realize that my seat hadn't been properly latched in the middle by the hooks and I had to do some serious pounding and seat wiggling to get them hooked. Personally I think the ZX14 method is more secure, but with two cables (instead of C14's single cable) going to the seat lock it's more complicated as well.

Last edited:
Rear brackets are the same, the mid seat brackets are different. The ZX14 has a locking bracket at the rear same as the C14, but it also has locking pins at the mid-section that goes into a ZX14 cable release receiver that the C14 doesn't have. The C14 simply has the hooks that go under a cross bar in the mid section.
Could one ride without the mid seat hooks and just use the front and rear attachment points? Probably could, but if you do lots of leaning off of the seat in corners it may not be a good idea. I've ridden hundreds of miles where upon arrival at the day's destination I realize that my seat hadn't been properly latched in the middle by the hooks and I had to do some serious pounding and seat wiggling to get them hooked. Personally I think the ZX14 method is more secure, but with two cables (instead of C14's single cable) going to the seat lock it's more complicated as well.
You are correct, the mid brackets are different, brain wasn't in gear when typing.