• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Fastest Concours 14 Color?

ConcoursKZ

Sport Tourer
In several posts I have heard several people say that the Neutron Silver is by far the fastest. It probably has the lowest drag friction due to the metal flake. I would assume that Black or Blue is the slowest. Do you agree or have any of you tested your color. I have never lost a race with another color so it must be true...Tim >:D 

Fastest must be Atomic Silver, as we all know the power of the atom, and a neutron has none.

S Smith said:
Fastest must be Atomic Silver, as we all know the power of the atom, and a neutron has none.

Not a chance. Your newer bike has a lower speed restriction. The 2010-11's are slower than the 08-09. So your already out of it!  :))

Cap'n Bob said:
ZG said:
BLACK!  8)

Yes Black is cool. Too bad it slower than Neutron Silver!  :beerchug:

mad.gif

my red 09 topped out at 148 on the GPS.  dont know where that puts it compared to the other colors.

still need to try again with the bags off.

MKorn said:
my red 09 topped out at 148 on the GPS.  dont know where that puts it compared to the other colors.

still need to try again with the bags off.

So 148 is the Red Barrier. He said it was topped out. Tim

Everyone knows that Black is fastest and always has been.
It's why they painted the SR-71 black and called it the Blackbird.
The Bell X-15 was black.
The fastest ever car (Thrust SSC) is black.
The new Bloodhound SSC will be blue/yellow but they haven't built it yet and it may fail.

BLACK IS FASTEST:p

These are always fun. So I have to ask. If black is so fast. Why does Red get the most speeding tickets?  :))

Oh, why not. I can give you a good answer for that too.  Because they can't catch the black ones?  ;)

These threads can be fun (without drama).

Cap'n Bob said:
These are always fun. So I have to ask. If black is so fast. Why does Red get the most speeding tickets?  :))

Oh, why not. I can give you a good answer for that too.  Because they can't catch the black ones?  ;)

Interesting about saying red gets most speeding tickets. I had to take safety school once to get out of points and a big fine, and it was taught by California Highway Patrol. During class, the officer asked, "what color car gets the most speeding tickets?". Almost everyone said RED.

The officer laughed, and said, "No, BLUE by far gets the most speeding tickets!"

We of course asked why, and he said he wasn't sure, but perhaps because statistically blue was the most registered color.

Privateer said:
Cap'n Bob said:

Interesting about saying red gets most speeding tickets. I had to take safety school once to get out of points and a big fine, and it was taught by California Highway Patrol. During class, the officer asked, "what color car gets the most speeding tickets?". Almost everyone said RED.

The officer laughed, and said, "No, BLUE by far gets the most speeding tickets!"

We of course asked why, and he said he wasn't sure, but perhaps because statistically blue was the most registered color.

Sounds like no color really gets more. Although they did say something to the effect of, statistically gray cars get more tickets.

http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/redcars.asp

Privateer said:
When I get done modifying my 2012 BLACK C14, it WILL be the fastest color.  :beerchug:
Black is already the fastest color due to Bruce Constable's turbo C-14, ain't it? 

Rev Ryder said:
Privateer said:
When I get done modifying my 2012 BLACK C14, it WILL be the fastest color.  :beerchug:
Black is already the fastest color due to Bruce Constable's turbo C-14, ain't it?

Point taken' Rev. I seriously doubt we have any C14 that's going to be faster than Bruce's monster.  :)

Well, to be fair...
SpazOnaConcours has a turbo C-14 as well and while he claims a larger compressor than Bruce's, his home engineered kit with log manifold isn't as likely to out produce it much if it even gets even with the Cycle Logics kit Bruce utilized.  It's just an unknown quantity though Spaz has been down the drag strip and given some numbers as proof of performance while Bruce has not.  I still want to expect Bruce's to be faster, but....

AND

Privateer has been speaking about going Supercharger if, and when, that gets worked out and that could make for a mighty potent contender as well.  The belt or gear driven blower would give a great deal more low end than a turbo can (depending upon style of compressor) while still making a bunch on the top end (though often less than a turbo).  THe supercharger would be an awesome honk to ride with tire frying and optic-nerve snapping power everywhere from low to upper mid-range... right where you usually live. 

But then... aren't ALL of these black bikes?

I didn't know of Spaz until now. So I'll have to take your word for it. As far as I know, I don't think John has his new C14 as of yet. If so, technically, he would not be in the running yet!  :))

Cap'n Bob said:
I didn't know of Spaz until now. So I'll have to take your word for it. As far as I know, I don't think John has his new C14 as of yet. If so, technically, he would not be in the running yet!  :))
Yes, Spaz has posted here in the turbo C-14 thread when RIck's forum was down.  He has two youtube videos, one showing a 200 mph run (hmmm) and the other at a dragstrip. 

200mph