• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Final Fall Fling III {Y'all come}

connie_rider

It's memorial day, and I have some time. Soo, I'm breaking this out of the "South Central Upcoming Events".
(To make the info more "visual")

Plans for the SC Final Fall Fling 3 are in the works.
Dates will be Oct 8, 9, 10 in Clinton Arkansas.
,,, {I suggest; arrive on the evening of the 7th. (b'kuz there are a lot of roads to ride)
I will be getting hotel details in the next week or two and will get it posted on the calendar.
Contact me or Jim for more details.

NOTE: Anthony is going to try to post some "Arkansas" riding from earlier this year.
{I hope this works / Ted}

Last edited:
Would be interesting to have directions from Brian (and/or anyone who knows) on what the maximum (or recommended) file sizes are per type. I'm getting this when I try attaching a video of just less than 700MB...

Also, for embedded vids (eg. as opposed to YT links) what is the recommended codec. I can convert to any of ~20 different formats, but with each shrinking/converting we lose some fidelity from the original HD vid.

1622476229824.png

Ok, that didn't work. (yet)
Hopefully someone can explain how to post the video's?
ie; Helpppppp!

,,,,,While we're waiting; below is something to keep you entertained.
{{ Below is; Jim and I playing on Push Mountain. {shown in "real time"} }}

fyi; We enjoy the road's in Arkansas a lot.
But, we're not overly fast in the twisties, & just like to be err player's. :sneaky:
At the Fling, We generally form 3 groups. {Sightsee'rs / Player's / Ruffian's}

Ride safe, Ted

PS: {If ya'll will tell him how to do it} I'm sure that Anthony (Texas.devops902) will get around to posting the {Slow Motion} version eventually.. <grin> :cool:

Last edited:
Breaking this out of the South Central Upcoming Events. (To make the info more "visual")

OK plans for the SC Final Fall Fling 3 are in the works.
Dates will be Oct 7, 8, 9 in Clinton Arkansas.
I will be getting hotel details in the next week or two and will get it posted on the calendar. Contact me or Ted for more details.

Jim

Anthony is going to try to post some "Arkansas" riding from earlier this year.
{I hope this works / Ted}

Thanx Anthony;

NOTE:
The first video he posted is; the Northern section of Hwy 9.
The second video is; Push Mountain.
Both are fuuuunnnn!

Ok, OK,,, Ohhhtay! "I'll admit it".
I may have lied, "just a little"...
(Anthony's version is "actual speed")

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Jim is still workin' on the Hotel arrangements.
,,,, He's suuuweet talkin' to the Manager and tryin' to get us a group discount. (again)

Important;
{We stayed at this Motel last month, and tentatively arranged this Rally for the first weekend in October.
BUT, {because of scheduling issues} The dates will be Oct 8-10}

More later.
Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
If'n ya want? There is a camping nearby. "Choctaw"
It is 5 to 20 minutes away.. (See {Sightsee'rs / Player's / Ruffian's} above)

Last edited:
If'n ya want? There is a camping nearby. "Choctaw"
It is 5 to 20 minutes away.. (See {Sightsee'rs / Player's/ Ruffian's} above)

Haha, when I was done there I drove the speed limit ( not sure what category that falls into 😆) from the campground to the Motel and it was 5-6 minutes . I think I could walk it in 20 minutes. 🤣🤣

I'm looking to camp any other campers out there?

Ride focused
Dale

Ok, ok,,, I was using numbers to express a difference. {and didn't want to embarrass anyone **}
ie; I wuz being "artistic"..

** Jim did the same ride.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Got lost 3 times... {ie; 20 minutes}

Ride safe, Ted

PS: How'd ya like my "Real Time" video?

OK hotel reservations are setup for Oct 8, 9, 10 at Super 8 by Wyndham in Clinton Arkansas. Address is 2008 Hwy 65. Ted and I will probably arrive on Wed or Thursday. I have a block of 12 rooms reserved (more can be added if needed). Prices are $65 for single king/queen and $70 for double queen. Rooms are blocked for COG so be sure to mention COG when making reservations. Hotel number is (501)209-4358. Am waiting on a call back from the camp ground to get possible reservation for a group site. More details to follow. Can't wait to get back on those crooked Arkansas roads.

Very informative....
I fall into the "sight seer" category, with occasional/short burst up to "player".
"Ruffian" is no longer an option.

I hope we can make it this year... had to cancel last year due to covid19 exposure... finally actually did catch it Thanksgiving day.

Best Regards,
Bob

Here is a screen shot of a possible camping spots at the Choctaw park for FFF3. This is the D Loop. It is close to the restrooms and shower. The camp host told me that these sites can accommodate several tents on one site. Prices are $16 to $20 a night with electric and water.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210602-222947_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210602-222947_Chrome.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Here is a screen shot of a possible camping spot at the Choctaw park for FFF3. This is Loop D spot D12. It is right next to the restroom and shower. The camp host told me that these sites can accommodate several tents on one site.

Based on prior experience, may I recommend picking a spot upwind from the facilities. LOL

May I also suggest that whichever routes are planned, maybe sending out starting points and destinations might work better than the GPX files that seemed to have gotten kerfufl'd at the last event? Word has it that not everyone's GPS device(s) allowed for skipping waypoints, which made enjoyment of the rides a bit more of a challenge than expected.

As a work-around, making an inventory of the trips (with roads, routes or other naming conventions) will allow everyone to create their own plan in their own device(s) so that expectation mgmt can be handled at the individual level rather than at organizer or group-leader level.

NOTE: this isn't a ding on anyone, just an observation that might alleviate some unanticipated anti-patterns. After all, these gatherings are supposed to be fun (eg. NOT frustrating). :^ )

Hat tip to all those who volunteer to take on the enormous task of planning, organizing, coordinating, procuring for, and hosting these events!

Now, that would be a ride.....
But, it's not to put up with Ted.
My guess is: it's more for "the honor" of being in my presence.. <Sly GRIN> :unsure:
And, to ride the great roads in Arkansas!

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
For the campers out there. Just spoke with a Cogger who camped at the Choctaw campground and said section D was a nice location. They used their senior discount and got the site for $9/night. If anyone is planning on camping call the campground and make a reservation. He said you can put two tents per site.

OK registrations have started coming in. Come join us in North Central Arkansas in October. You know it's gonna be a good time cause me and Ted will be there.

OK gang, everything is still a GO for the FFF3 ride. I checked with the local hospital in Clinton and they are not experiencing the same covid issues we are in Texas. Hoping we get a little cooler weather by then, and I'm ready to shred some rubber off of my tires.

One of the things we don't have covered (yet) is a Referee for the event.
Does anyone (that can come) have the AMA Referee training?
If so,,,, your help will be appreciated..

Ride safe, Ted

Can’t make it this year people. The Canadian border finally opened up and I need to see my sick parents asap. My motorcycling season is cancelled for the rest of the year. I’ll miss y’all and look forward to next year. Have fun and shinny side up! 😎👍🏼

Hope your folks are ok Nottacop. We'll see you next time.
Ok, Jim has the Ref. problem handled. (He's my hero)
Now, as soon as we get past this storm,,, we'll do more plannin'.

Ride safe, Ted

I have been holding out registering hoping things would change but it does not look at this time that I will be able to attend. We are still dancing to the Chemo two-step. We have been getting a few rides in to Big Bend NP and to the Sacramento Mountains of SE New Mexico. There are some really good roads in the Lincoln National Forest, Smokey Bear and Sacramento Districts. Hopefully my Director of Entertainment will be doing better so we can make next year's Wildflower ride and the Nationals.

Really miss visiting with y'all, especially Ted's long diatribes about whatever he seems to be going on about at the time!

Enjoy and stay safe
Lovelle 4446

I'm not sure why my name wasn't on the list of participants, but it is now..
Next question; Who else is going, and not on the list?

Last question; We want more people (or, at least some more discussion).
Yoo hoo,,,,,, Is anybody out there?

Ride safe, Ted

,,,,,While we're waiting; below is something to keep you entertained.
Below is; Jim and I playing on Push Mountain. {shown in "real time"}
PS: (I've been know to lie occasionally).

Last edited:
I'm not sure why my name wasn't on the list of participants, but it is now..
Next question; Who else is going, and not on the list?

Last question; We want more people (or, at least some more discussion).
Yoo hoo,,,,,, Is anybody out there?

Ride safe, Ted

It's about time you got signed up & started chatting up a event you're cohosting! :unsure: Are you arriving Wed. & 1st day of riding will be Thurs?

If's there's any interest we will be glad to cook for everybody again if y'all want to make the 30 min. drive down. They're can't be anybody sneaking around & leaving money like last year though, we'll take care of it.

It's about time you got signed up & started chatting up a event you're cohosting! :unsure: Are you arriving Wed. & 1st day of riding will be Thurs?

If's there's any interest we will be glad to cook for everybody again if y'all want to make the 30 min. drive down. They're can't be anybody sneaking around & leaving money like last year though, we'll take care of it.
Ted and I will be arriving Thursday afternoon, so first day of riding will be Friday. And we definitely would appreciate a cookout like last time. But you know somebody is gonna try and throw money at you.

And we definitely would appreciate a cookout like last time. But you know somebody is gonna try and throw money at you.

We'll plan to cook then unless somebody objects between now & then. May come up with something different besides the usual burgers or chili that we've done in the past.

NO money will be involved so don't even argue!!

We'll plan to cook then unless somebody objects between now & then. May come up with something different besides the usual burgers or chili that we've done in the past.

NO money will be involved so don't even argue!!
Hey whatever you say your the boss !!

Your correct Cliff (for once).
Jim was talking about me... (I fixt' it for ya..)
It must be our Ted's dynamic personalities personality and smoldering good looks !!

Ride safe, Ted

Everyone feel free to stop by if you want to. Maybe I'll take a ride out there and meet you.

Well made it home safe and sound. FFF3 is complete and we had a great ride and got to visit with our COG friends.
Hwy 341 & 9 were awesome as usual. Everyone had a great time and we had no issues other them a flat tire on one bike. But in true COG form he got the tire replaced so he could head home today. A big thank you to all who rode and a huge thank you to Cliff & Jimmie for a wonderful meal on Saturday night. If you haven't ridden north central Arkansas you need to plan a trip there.

Attachments

• 20211009_200438.jpg
    20211009_200438.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 20211009_105109.jpg
    20211009_105109.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 175
It was a perfect weekend....
The Weather/Roads/Friends (even Jim) were awesome!

I want to specially thank Jimmie and Cliff's family for the Chicken/Ribs/beans that they prepared for us!
Saaaaaaa-lute!

Ride safe, Ted

PS: We're already talking about doing the Final Fall Fling IV next year.
(But we "might" do it in the Spring (?? 🤪)
Plan to be there!

Last edited:
News Flash!
"Final Fall Fling IV" is gonna happen!

We're doing the Final Fall Fling "again" on Oct 7-9 2022 in Clinton Arkansas.

(Largely due to "my" expert leadership)

ie; We talked about it on the phone, and I talked him into doing most of the work.
"Jim" has (once again) arranged the Motel and will send the info to COG schedule shortly.
After that, "He'll" post the Motel/etc details here.

If anyone wants to camp, "I" arrange camping at Choctaw Park nearby.
ie; I called the park, and now I'll ask Cliff to work on the details.

Does anyone "wanna" come and ride with us?
NOTE: We'll talk to anyone..

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Jim's working on the Routes too.

Last edited:
,,,,,While we're waiting (for Jim) below is something to keep you entertained.
Below is; Jim and I playing on Push Mountain. {It's shown in "real time"}
err (I've been know to lie occasionally).

Ride safe, Ted

PS: I included our theme song.

Last edited:
The FFF 4 ride for Oct 6-9 has been canceled. I am having knee replacement surgery in Sept and will not be able to attend. I will try to schedule another ride in Ark as soon as I can. Thanks.

Fred. please host the ride next year. I support going to AR, the density of great roads has a preponderance in AR.

Ride free,

Craig

I agree, those photo's look great.
It's a shame that we couldn't put the Final Fall Fling on again this year.
Our apologies.....

If we had been able to put it on, this year would have been the 4th time.
Unfortunately, Jim needed knee surgery, and I was involved in another project, so we weren't able to do so.

We enjoy riding with our COG friends in Arkansas and have already told Craig that we intend to do so again next year.
(In fact; we told him that we're considering doing two Arkansas rides (again) next year.
So, "DO plan on being there".

Ride safe, Ted (Founder and President SRCA)

PS: Being a normal person, I don't usually try to impress my friends with big words. :sleep:
But after seeing his note, I decided to give it a try. o_O

{Sorry, I just can't help myself}. :eek:
ie; I know that I'm probably saying everything wrong, but I hope you enjoy my poor attempt as much as I did. 😇

Craigs rapidly advancing old age has caused the consistency of his brain cells to *abate.
"Abate" ** (decrease, lessen, diminish, reduce, dwindle)

The "severe loss" of density is causing a preponderance of searingly poor memory.

ie; {Same statement in proper Texan}
"Craig has CRS syndrome". <evil grin> :devilish:

See y'all next year. (Ted and Jim)

Last edited:
Looks like I should take a short ride north, colors aren't that good here.

As for spring & fall Arkansas flings, we are considering having HMR #8 again next year. Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous for those that aren't familiar with it.

Last edited:
I made a short video and posted it on You Tube so you guys could get a fall color fix. It may take an hour or two before it shows up in high def.

Maybe next year I'll consider hosting something up here....

Last edited:
Well my excuse for not being able to put on the FFF IV ride is healing well. Hope to be able to swing this leg over the saddle after the holidays. I sure miss those twisties. Ted and I will be shooting for April 2023.

Attachments

• 20221119_205729.jpg
    20221119_205729.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 67
Well my excuse for not being able to put on the FFF IV ride is healing well. Hope to be able to swing this leg over the saddle after the holidays. I sure miss those twisties. Ted and I will be shooting for April 2023.

Hang in there Jim. I’ve got the same thing going on too. Looks like I’m a few weeks behind you.

Gotcha. I’m tired of this, but I’ll pace myself. You take care of yourself too. Thanks

Had my right knee done in 2013. Didn't get an incision like that, but they inflated the space with some nitrogen mix so it was the size of a small pumpkin in order to make room for their robotic remote-controlled laser tools. Can't find the photos I used to have of the procedure, but I located the icing kit they gave me when they sent me home. Took the better part of two weeks for the swelling to go down enough to start bending it.

PT ladies wanted me to bend it right away, but after the meniscus repair the pain was like fire. Shot right up into my hip flexor and down to my foot. I just wondered how other guys were able to do it, especially the athletes who need to get back on the field in order to earn their paychecks because this is no joke. Within about 3 months I had about 80% mobility back, but it took about a year before I was walking without the gimp.

EDIT: problem is, I'm getting sharp stabbing pain right behind the kneecap again like last time. Only once in a while, but it's becoming more frequent so I'm really hoping this isn't a sign that I need to fix it again.

20130725_104340.jpg

20130725_104420.jpg

Last edited: