• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

"Final Fall Fling" Ride

jim snyder

Ok folks here is an opportunity to get in one more ride before the holidays. The "Final Fall Fling" ride will be held in Clinton Arkansas on November 9th &, 10th. The hotel location is the Best Western Hillside Inn in Clinton. Their number is (501) 745-4700. I have blocked off
5 rooms for the ride but more can be blocked if needed. Rate is around $77/night. Mention you are with the COG group when calling. All of their rooms are ground level so easy parking and access to your bike. So if you didn't get to make Jacks ride or Big Bend join us for this one. Looking forward to some good Arkansas twisties and visiting with friends. 

https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventEdit.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=254506

I'm looking forward to this ride.
Can't make the Big bend Ride, and I want 1 more good ride before it starts to get cold...

This is going to be a good one as it's in a Prime riding area!
  It's right down the road from Jacks....
          See ya'll there???

Ride safe, Ted

Another ride down there would be stupendous! But it is peak rut up here(WI), I more than likely will be sitting in a tree than on a motorcycle. But you never know.

I understand the need to hunt during that period, but also know it will too cold to ride soon and this may be the last chance for you and others to ride Arkansas this year.

Cliff sed he will try to be there to ride with us, if that inspires you any?

Ride safe, Ted

No inspiration problems, riding with Ted and Jim is enough inspiration. No guarantees, need to watch the weather as the time approaches.

connie_rider said:
Good point.
How about this for inspiration?

To all that come to the ride, "Cliff's buying"!  >:D

Ride safe, Ted

I figured just the opportunity to hang out with us would be incentive enough.

ZG/ZN Kim said:
Another ride down there would be stupendous! But it is peak rut up here(WI), I more than likely will be sitting in a tree than on a motorcycle. But you never know.

If it would help I can get Ted to make a scrape out behind the hotel.

Well there appears to be some interest in this ride within the NC group. It snowed a bit here yesterday, and was 18 deg F this AM, so yes the weather is kind of unpredictable. Plus I need to start sitting in a tree, and get the deal done.

Yes, have Ted put a deer scrape in the motel parking lot, but maybe tell him to "freshen"  it after sundown, so he does not end up in the clink.

If the weather is somewhat reasonable, there will be a few of us coming down.

ZG/ZN Kim said:
Well there appears to be some interest in this ride within the NC group. It snowed a bit here yesterday, and was 18 deg F this AM, so yes the weather is kind of unpredictable. Plus I need to start sitting in a tree, and get the deal done.

Yes, have Ted put a deer scrape in the motel parking lot, but maybe tell him to "freshen"  it after sundown, so he does not end up in the clink.

If the weather is somewhat reasonable, there will be a few of us coming down.
Let me know if I need to block off more rooms.

Consider the parking lot scrap'd and freshened every night.

I may even do a rub to make you feel at home.
  err, ahh, err, wellll, err,,,,,,,, maybe I'd better be more specific.  :-[
        I'll butt my err "Jim's" head against a tree and rub some bark off.  :great:

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Need beer to assure "freshening" product.
      Head butting (and fights) cause head aches.
        Need beer to make my Jim's head feel better.
        This is a dry county so come prepared.

Well as far as I know, the NC group has reserved 3 rooms thus far. Not sure who all you have coming right now.
By the way, I would entertain the possibility of a room-mate.

ZG/ZN Kim said:
Well as far as I know, the NC group has reserved 3 rooms thus far. Not sure who all you have coming right now.
By the way, I would entertain the possibility of a room-mate.

Several of us are sharing a room.

If you call to reserve a room please ask for the COG rooms that I have blocked off. If I need to I can block off a few more.

PIngggggggggggggg..      This Ride is not viewable in the Event Calendar..
Working to keep this discussion open.
  I doubt many that are not on the Forum are aware of it.
    Looking for folks to be there to enjoy Arkansas with us..

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Is there some way to get this Ride added to the SC Event Calendar or send out a message?

Why anyone would want to go ride with a Skuzz-Ball like Ted is beyond me......but the the Arkansas roads more than make up for it. Besides, it's easy to run off and leave him.

Register for the ride, the count is important because I am only going to ship Ride Premiums for registered attendees.

I have a previous commitment for these dates, but take heed of the DEER in ARKANSAS in NOVEMBER.  :violent-smiley-007:

Jim and Ted and good hosts and will buy your dinners and beverages!!!!!! :beerchug: :103: :hee20hee20hee:

gr33nmAn

Ok I am registered. And just to clarify, Ted and I probably can't buy your meals and beverages, but we will share ours with you if you're nice to us.  :great:

err, One Skuzz-Ball to "another",,, thanks for adding the "Final Fall Fling" Ride to the Event Calendar.  :nananana:
Please change the Ride Host's name to Jim Snyder. (I'm the slave labor, not the top dog...)
I'm now signed up.... Counting Jim, we now have 2...….
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetailPublic2.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=254506&mo=11&tDate=%7Bd%20%272018%2D11%2D28%27%7D

Anyone that's planning to go, please go to the event Calendar (South Central area in November) and sign up to ride with us.
Anyone that's considering going, please go to the event Calendar (South Central area in November) and sign up to ride with us.
Anyone that's probably not going, please go to the event Calendar (South Central area in November) and consider signing up to ride with us.
Anyone that's wondering what ride we're talking about, please contact Jim or I with questions, then go to the event Calendar (South Central area in November) and consider signing up to ride with us.

See ya'll in Arkansas.  :great:

Ride safe, Ted

I am waiting for the date to get a little closer to sign up, and I am sure others are too.
I have been spreading the rumor,  that the ride/rally sheet was started so you and Jim could get a head count for handing out T-shirts at the pig-roast Saturday(9/10) night.

Ok, ok,,,, ya'll win.  :-[
If someone will bring a BBQ pit I just confirmed that the Motel has a Grill that we "may" be able to use.
  {Their checking now}
I'll bring some "Hot Dogs" {for the pig roast}, some buns, and I'll get Jim ta steal some Mustard from McDonalds....  :great:
I think I even have some leftover "OtP" T Shirts that I can give out. (pretty sure I still have 3 / size small)
I'll ask Jim to bring "some" beer..
Ya'll bring some tater chips etc....

NOTE: The ride is in 2 weeks.  Jim won't be able to hold the rooms much longer at the discounted price.
          If your planning to go {or thinking about going},,, book your room now and/or let us know so he can "try" to hold more rooms...

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetailPublic2.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=254506&mo=11&tDate=%7Bd%20%272018%2D11%2D28%27%7D

Ride safe, Ted

PS; If'n ya want more that "some" beer/other, this is a dry county. Bring some with ya...

There ya go Ted I registeered for the event. Looking forward to coming down but attendance is weather dependent - I aint comin if its gonna a rain! how much rain is too much is yet to be determined haha. Imagine the weather guessers will have it sorted out to be 50-50 and leave me in a quandry by end of next week.

I appreciate it. Not a problem.
I do understand not knowing if ya can make it because of the weather...
Hopefully, we won't get any rain {or any of that cold/white stuff for ya'll coming from the North}.

This is just a ride that Jim and I put together at the last minute. It's not an official event.
The registration just helps us know how many Hot Dogs to buy.

Main concern is; we wanted to be sure that folks could get a room at the discount rate.

Hope to see you there.

Ride safe, Ted

Wifey and I will most likely be in the area. We will have the Roadtrek and the bike in the trailer. Gotta check out for places to boondock or, horrors, pay to camp somewhere nearby. Walking/crawling distance would be good. Maybe the motel parking lot.

Steve; Would enjoy seeing you again and a chance to meet yer Missus..

I just went to Google maps and looked at a satellite image of the Motel and nearby area.
Appears to be quite a bit of parking at the Motel, and there is a Municipal Airport almost across the street.
  {Being in the Mountains I would suspect there might be a State Park somewhere in the area}?

Ride safe, Ted

There is an RV park behind the hospital in Clinton. It's the Clinton RV park. Their number is (501)745-3778.

Jim Snyder said:
There is an RV park behind the hospital in Clinton. It's the Clinton RV park. Their number is (501)745-3778.

The RV park is across hwy 65 from hospital, I'm guessing 3 miles south of hotel. Likely to be noisy being right on a busy 4 lane hwy.

There is a campground at Choctaw. I'm guessing 7-10 miles, most parks close for the season in October so that's probably out.

Ok, I did whut ya'll didn't think of.
  Unlike Jim err some of ya,  "Ah" am able to uz my hed.  :nananana:

"I" called the Motel and "asked" them.

They said there's room in their parking lot for Steve's toy, 
                "and" if there is a space problem; Many of the big Motorhomes use the Walmart parking lot which is about 1 mile away....

I've heard from: a Buddy "Arch" that will be bringing in a Spider to ride Ark for the first time,
                        and another good COG friend "Fred" will try to stop by to see the group..

It' s startin' to sound like I'm err "Jim's" gonna need to buy some more hot dogs....

Next problem:
err, Steve, There is  a problem getting the pit from the Motel. Do ya happen to have a BBQ Grill in yer Roadtrek?
      Any other suggestions???
        Alternate plan; If all else fails, I found a RV park nearby. :great:
          {We can go there in Steve's Roadtrek and steal err borrow a BBQ pit}..
                                          :103:

Ride safe, Ted

PS: "Everybody" please help us with preparations.. {After all, Jim ain't made from money}.
                            On your ride up, please steal err accumulate some Mustard, napkins, salt, pepper, cups, etc, etc, from McDonalds/other....

connie_rider said:
Ok, I did whut ya'll didn't think of.
  Unlike Jim err some of ya,  "Ah" am able to uz my hed.  :nananana:

"I" called the Motel and "asked" them.

They said there's room in their parking lot for Steve's toy, 
                "and" if there is a space problem; Many of the big Motorhomes use the Walmart parking lot which is about 1 mile away....

I've heard from: a Buddy "Arch" that will be bringing in a Spider to ride Ark for the first time,
                        and another good COG friend "Fred" will try to stop by to see the group..

It' s startin' to sound like I'm err "Jim's" gonna need to buy some more hot dogs....

Next problem:
err, Steve, There is  a problem getting the pit from the Motel. Do ya happen to have a BBQ Grill in yer Roadtrek?
      Any other suggestions???
        Alternate plan; If all else fails, I found a RV park nearby. :great:
          {We can go there in Steve's Roadtrek and steal err borrow a BBQ pit}..
                                          :103:

Ride safe, Ted

PS: "Everybody" please help us with preparations.. {After all, Jim ain't made from money}.
                            On your ride up, please steal err accumulate some Mustard, napkins, salt, pepper, cups, etc, etc, from McDonalds/other....

I also called the hotel and was told no room for it. All parking reserved for paying guests. I did spot the Clinton RV Park. Once in the neighborhood I'm gonna scout around a bit for possible parking close by but may very well end up at the RV Park. At $25/night, quite reasonable with all hook ups. Just kinda far away.

The road noise does get mitigated inside the Roadtrek. And I also carry ear plugs in it, just cuz.

Great Lovelle.
      Which bike are you bringing?

Steve, we're getting mixed replies from the Motel.
I'll try to get a better answer from them when I arrive on Thursday.

I think Jim is gonna try to bring a grill. If anyone else has an idea, let me know.
I guess we can always whittle some sticks for wiener cookin' and build a fire in the parking lot.. <evil grin>

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Great Lovelle.
      Which bike are you bringing?

Steve, we're getting mixed replies from the Motel.
I'll try to get a better answer from them when I arrive on Thursday.

I think Jim is gonna try to bring a grill. If anyone else has an idea, let me know.
I guess we can always whittle some sticks for wiener cookin' and build a fire in the parking lot.. <evil grin>

Ride safe, Ted

Thanks for checking that motel parking thing out.

If they are correct, the weather forecast for riding down to Arkansas looks reasonable, coming home(Wisconsin) may be a bit different.

I believe there are several of us showing up Thursday PM. I will be bringing some Bar B Que, enough to serve 10-14. I will pick up fresh buns/cold beer(mine) when we get there, but feel free to bring condiments. But be prepared to eat and BS some.

We can determine what we want to grill/ or eating options for Friday and Saturday evenings.

I see 10 people have signed up, I know of at least 2-3 others not signed up

Ted: Sorry for late reply. I am planning on throwing the little Black Beast on a trailer.  I caught myself lusting for it when we were at Cliff's last time.  Too many curves to not be giving it a good workout.  Even put a new back tire on.  It will be nice to see everyone and ride some twisty roads after all of the rain in the Big Bend area a few weeks ago. :'(
Lovelle

Registration has been expanded to 20 and Jim is the leader although Ted is listed. I have changed Jim's access so the next event he hosts will list him.

I am looking at the weather and will post on Sunday what is likely for the ride. NC riders, I will take a hard look for you and your return  trip.

Everyone...WATCH OUT FOR DEER      :violent-smiley-007:  .....it's been cool, the rut's on,  and they will be out during the day.....not as bad a Michigan but bad enough.

I have a family commitment or I would be there, if for no other reason to let Ted watch my taillight quickly disappear.  :motonoises: :nananana: ;D :D

gr33nmAn

Change in plans. The weather is looking frightfully cold the week we will be out there, so the bike is staying home. I'm not a fan of chilly but will make it work but there is no way Momma's gonna ride in that weather. And this is a "together trip".

Will definitely try to hook up for a meal or two but I'm not gonna go drive the Roadtrek around on a bike ride.  Not much fun in the curves, duh!

Ted's "got my number". We figure on getting into the area on Friday. One stop we plan on doing is Gravity Brew Works. I've got just the empty growler for them to fill.

All y'all have fun and hope to hook up.

Ttfn.

PS. We'll likely be staying for 2-3 nights near Eureka Springs at the Army Corps Riverview Campground, west of town. Arriving most likely on Tues.

Each time I look the weather is sucking even more in AR. We are blowing off AR in favor of north GA. Gonna get me some sauerbraten in Helen and look at the pretty leaves up there.

All y'all have fun and don't freeze.

:beerchug:

Only gonna be cold at night and about 52 during the day. We gonna tough it out cause we need the seat time.

BIG Ridge moves in with rain ending Thursday night.

Mornings FRI-SUN - High 20s
High      FRI-SUN - Low to mid 50s

Precip holds off until late Sunday in the Upper Midwest with an Alberta Clipper/Backdoor Coldfront coming through in the early to middle part of the week.

If you don't trailer, take your heated gear!

Craig

Every time I pull up the weather it's different. The other day it showed lows 39 highs 53. They can't even accurately forecast weather 10 days from now but claim to be able to tell us about global warming 20 years from now.

Jim Snyder said:
Every time I pull up the weather it's different. The other day it showed lows 39 highs 53. They can't even accurately forecast weather 10 days from now but claim to be able to tell us about global warming 20 years from now.

Both the GFS and the ECMWF are verifying on the timing of the synoptic scale central CONUS ridge. It will be dry in AR after Thursday. Temps might get adjusted up and down a few degrees by the shorter range models but the forecast looks solid now.

The ridge is deep enough for no upglide cold rain in AR.

Craig

Just a reminder for Thursday evening. I will have Bar B Que's and some home made sauerkraut. The kraut will  ensure you stay "regular". Feel free to bring some chips, pickles or other snacks. Hopefully there is a table outside the motel.
Weather report from SW Wisconsin, 30 deg F,  west wind 20 mph(nasty cross wind), some snow expected late Thursday into Friday. Will leave here in a couple hours

Ride/drive safe,

Kim

Buddy, ya'll be safe on that road!
We'll arrive Thursday evening.

Jim bought a small BBQ grill and we think we'll have another available at the motel.
If we don't get that one, and/or need another we'll go get one at Wally World..

Getting mixed signals on the weather.
Sounds like it will be cool but not rainy.
Good enuff for me. I'm coming...

Ride safe, Ted

As of this morning, local forecast says high 53  Fri. & mostly sunny. Sat. high 48 & sunny. Around the freezing mark for lows.

Not ideal, but not terrible either!

Just Cliff said:
As of this morning, local forecast says high 53  Fri. & mostly sunny. Sat. high 48 & sunny. Around the freezing mark for lows.

Not ideal, but not terrible either!

As long as it isn't raining, it sounds great to me.
See ya'll soon.

Ride safe, Ted

The wife just called & offered to make a big pot of chili for Sat. night. She came up with this on her own with no mention of it from me. If anyone is interested in making the short ride down for chili, post up here or text me.

The shop WILL be much warmer than the hotel parking lot!  :)

Just Cliff said:
The wife just called & offered to make a big pot of chili for Sat. night. She came up with this on her own with no mention of it from me. If anyone is interested in making the short ride down for chili, post up here or text me.

Very good idea. Your wife must really love us. She knows that Ted and I are really nice people.

I like that idea too. Tell your bride Thank you!!!!!

I think yes,,, let's plan that and work out details on Thursday/Friday.
Jim, you make the final decision, and post  it here...

NOTE: We will have a couple of trucks at the Motel...
          We could all travel to Cliff's in the trucks {to avoid deer and allow drinking for all except the drivers}…

Ride safe, Ted

There is some moderately low quality cerveza on the way.  I will have a 4 Runner that can transport a few inebriated COG members.

Lovelle

Sounds like we have it covered. Some of us will just have to be the designated drivers.
That way we can go eat at his place, and leave the bikes at the motel.
  My truck will haul 5 inside, and {if needed}we can always throw some in the back...
  Ed's truck will haul some too.
This idea is last minute so we'll adjust as needed.
Everyone can bring something to munch on etc.
I'm bringing some Texas cerveza and chips...

See ya'll there...

Ride safe, Ted

I am sending additional ride premiums thanks to Lovelle who shall pick them up on his way up to Clinton.

Please be careful and tell Fred Harmon  HI for me.

Craig

Jim Snyder said:
Just Cliff said:

Your wife must really love us. She knows that Ted and I are really nice people.

Keep thinking that Jim! I think y'all just entertain her with the back & forth bickering. Just like an old married couple.  :nananana:

connie_rider said:
Sounds like we have it covered. Some of us will just have to be the designated drivers.
That way we can go eat at his place, and leave the bikes at the motel.

Ride safe, Ted

Sounds like chili at my place Sat. night.  :great:

Hey Brad, you gonna drive over & eat with us?

Well the Final Fall Fling is coming to its conclusion with a chili supper at Cliffs house. We had two days of great riding and some lower than normal temperatures. But if COGers are anything we're tough so the 35 to 42 degree temps weren't going to stop us from having a good time. We had 12 folks to share the good times with. But it's like we always say, Join for the bike, stay for the people. Thanks to everyone who braved the cold weather to make this a great event. We even had several folks from Wisconsin and Iowa, now that's dedication right there. Thanks to everyone and please have safe travels home. And a big thank you to Craig Green, Cliff, and Brad Smotherman for donating some cool door prizes.

Jim did a really nice job of pulling this ride together. Considering the time of year, less than ideal riding conditions. We still had a nice gathering of folks.

A few even rode in, no it wasn't Ted.  :rotflmao: My hats off to Kim for riding down from WI!  :motonoises: :great:

Just Cliff said:
Jim did a really nice job of pulling this ride together. Considering the time of year, less than ideal riding conditions. We still had a nice gathering of folks.

A few even rode in, no it wasn't Ted. :rotflmao: My hats off to Kim for riding down from WI!  :motonoises: :great:

Thanks Cliff!!!!  I know the chili was great! :beerchug:

Craig

kv5e said:
Just Cliff said:

A few even rode in, no it wasn't Ted. :rotflmao: My hats off to Kim for riding down from WI!  :motonoises: :great:

Thanks Cliff!!!!  I know the chili was great! :beerchug:

Craig

Yep Ted trailered up can you believe it !!!  :rotflmao: Oh wait I was riding with him.........never mind.  :)

Yea, I trailer in. So what??
  At least "I" made it...

What happened to everyone?
    Scared of a little cold?

Ride safe, Ted

I am glad I came down, all the NC'ers had a good time. We had a young fellow(I hope future COG'r) on a 636 Ninja. He could not of stayed warm(no heated grips, no wind protection, no electrics,etc), I think he is just that tough.
It is always nice meeting new people. Plus, no matter what you read, yes, Ted is a great guy. Thanks to Jim for pulling this thing together, Crocker for the gifts, Jimmie for the chili, and Cliff for the great hospitality.
I only have one question, "is Dan/George Cooper a real person"?

OMG,  Shhhh!!  :-\
        Don't tell anyone!!
              I worked hard for that reputation...  :nananana:

Glad you made it home safely.
  Did you get there in time to see the Packers?

Dan is a figment of my/your imagination...

We all used to be that tough... Now we're just wiser.
Err, maybe we're not that wise...  We know it's cold, but we do it anyway..
          {hmmmmm, Let me think about that}
Ok, I got it.      He's too young to know better.  We know better, but think we're wiser..
          {hmmmmm, Let me think about that (again)}   
Ok, I got it.      I think that means he's smarter than we are because we should know better and he's too young to know better?
          {hmmmmm, Let me think about that (again/again)}
Ok, I got it.      You made us do it. It's you that was unwise..
          {hmmmmm, Let me think about that (again/again/again.)}
                        If the rest of us were old and wise wouldn't we have known better than to let you make us do it?  ::)
            The story continues...………….
    My head hurts...……   :truce:

I won't mention any names, but has the evil 635 rider {that made us look dumb} made it home yet? {I think I hate him.}  :angry:

Jimmie is my hero.. That Chili was great!!! Gifts were good too!!

Anybody heard from Lovelle??

See ya'll at the next gathering...

Ride safe, Ted

PS:  Ahh Haa!  I got it....
        It's Jim's fault!
                He "made" us do it!!
                              :19:

Yeh ted the youngster made it home. Says he had good time but wishes he could get some of his buddies interested in that type of riding. He did even mention actually signing up cause he has fun at our gatherings. Quite the compliment for the group and organization in my mind!
And yes we blame Jim if he had not posted the ride none of would of froze our arse. 😊

Cobber said:
Yeh ted the youngster made it home. Says he had good time but wishes he could get some of his buddies interested in that type of riding. He did even mention actually signing up cause he has fun at our gatherings. Quite the compliment for the group and organization in my mind!
And yes we blame Jim if he had not posted the ride none of would of froze our arse. 😊

I'm going to take that as a compliment. Glad ya'll had a good time.
I promise we will do it in warmer weather next time.
Ted and I have a new favorite road, AR-9 from Melbourne to Jack's.

Jim Snyder said:
Ted and I have a new favorite road, AR-9 from Melbourne to Jack's.

For those trying to find it on a map. It's hwy 9 between 67/167 (Melbourne) & hwy 5 (Mt. View).

I always ride that at least 4 times, from the bridge at Sylamore Creek to the church on the SE side of Melbourne.  Best ridden before or after the school buses run in the morning or afternoon.

Thanks Cobber. Was waiting to hear from you and the Evil 635 Rider...
Maybe he can get one of his buddies to come next time..
Tell him I'd love to have him (and his Buddy) with us.
  {With them taking the verbal abuse, I'd get it less}..  :great:

Did ya'll do another day of riding before leaving?

See ya on the road,
        Ride safe, Ted

PS: Anybody heard from the others?