• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Finally signed up!

Steve Mullens

Hey, everyone! I originally bought an '88 Candy Persimmon Red model new in 1988. I rode it about 12 years and 50K+ miles and really enjoyed that bike. It was my second of now eight different motorcycles. I quit riding around 2000-2002 and have been inactive until last June. My brother-in-law, who owns as many bikes as he can fit in his garage, kept pestering me about taking up riding again. He called me and told me that he had a new Bonneville T-100 as a loaner after a dealer SNAFU and invited me to give it a try. I rode it all day and I was hooked again! Since then, I bought a 2020 Honda NC750X and rode it a few months before I started longing for my old Connie. I know the guy I sold it to, but he also sold it a while back, I did, however, get my old mercury carb balancing tool back (score!). So, the search was on and I found a nice, blue 2006 with only about 6400 miles on the clock in less than two weeks. It still had the original tires. I (unadvisedly) rode it the 120 freeway miles home that day with 17 year old tires, they even had 2705 date codes. This bike is in OUTSTANDING condition! I changed the tires, first time I actually did the work myself, adjusted the valves for the first time on this bike, balanced the carbs, changed the brake and clutch fluid, oil, filter, and final drive fluid. I did a few little convenience mods as well. I put an endoscope down into the corners of the tank and didn't see even a speck of rust, like new. Now, this crap gas that's mandated here can start my tank rusting. She runs and handles great now. I finally decided to join COG because I was availing myself of so much in the forums, I was starting to feel guilty for not being a full member. In November, I bought the bike I originally wanted to buy, a 2022 Triumph Tiger Sport 660 and sold the Honda. That leaves me with two really great bikes! Too bad my wife won't ride with me. I'm in the vicinity of Stockton, CA if anyone local is looking for a riding buddy.

Attachments

• 20230112_153547 - Copy.jpg
    20230112_153547 - Copy.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Welcome to the group. If you haven’t already, check out the Events calendar. I think there are some regular meet ‘n’ eats in Sacramento. You’re also in luck with the COG Nationals in June just up the road from you in Canyonland, Ore. I think we will also be planning the Sierra Sidewinder weekend riding all the passes — probably late September time frame.
And if you ever have an itch to ride the canyon and mountain roads in my neighborhood (Santa Cruz, Carmel, Big Sur), shoot me a note.

Welcome to the group. If you haven’t already, check out the Events calendar. I think there are some regular meet ‘n’ eats in Sacramento. You’re also in luck with the COG Nationals in June just up the road from you in Canyonland, Ore. I think we will also be planning the Sierra Sidewinder weekend riding all the passes — probably late September time frame.
And if you ever have an itch to ride the canyon and mountain roads in my neighborhood (Santa Cruz, Carmel, Big Sur), shoot me a note.
Thanks for the info. I haven't ridden the Sierra passes since probably 1998. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for that. The Santa Cruz area is a good one too. Just have to wait for all the road repairs because of these overdue storms!

Welcome Snellums!! Lots of cool people to hook up with in Northern California. Dan already introduced himself and we have Keith that is in Merced and there are many others. I am down here in Southern California and i am your Area Director, but I do make my way up to the northern part of the state every once in a while. Congratulations on your blue 2006 C10 Nice bike! Hope you can make the National Rally in June and you really want to ride the passes when Dan sets up that rally in early fall! Have a lot of fun riding your motorcycles!

Welcome Snellums!! Lots of cool people to hook up with in Northern California. Dan already introduced himself and we have Keith that is in Merced and there are many others. I am down here in Southern California and i am your Area Director, but I do make my way up to the northern part of the state every once in a while. Congratulations on your blue 2006 C10 Nice bike! Hope you can make the National Rally in June and you really want to ride the passes when Dan sets up that rally in early fall! Have a lot of fun riding your motorcycles!
Once this weather gets consistently better and I repair all of my damage from it, I'll be out there much more. Just took a little ride yesterday to blow out the cob webs... and mildew! This is the first year back to riding and, of course, that fabled California weather started making up for the drought years. At least we aren't covered in a blanket of snow!

Thanks for the call, Russ. I never expected personalized treatment. Good talking to you, sorry I bent your ear for so long! I kind of do that, see my "hello" post above for evidence.

Thanks for the call, Russ. I never expected personalized treatment. Good talking to you, sorry I bent your ear for so long! I kind of do that, see my "hello" post above for evidence.
Great talking with you Steve! All very fun motorcycle talk! I can talk for a long time too! I am sorry that I had to cut you short with loud dog barking and salesman at the door. :)