• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

First ZG, I love it!

mrredshoes490

Hello everyone. John here. I have been blessed to own many a great machine, and, I am now the proud owner of a 2021 ZG with only 1010 miles on her! I'm looking forward to gaining info on the machine and meeting new members. We roll 2 up at times. Located in the heart of some of Americas most beautiful riding country in Arkansas near the PIG TAIL. Also close to Lake Ouachita. USMC Veteran, Musician, Master Mason and Schimitar Shriner. Happily married for 30 + years, and cant get enough outta livin a good life.

Welcome, would love to see your ride! Is that you in the avatar with yer gitfiddle? Whatcha play? Welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard!! Such a shame we just had this years national rally in ur backyard in Eureka springs back in June. Next years is in oregon... You could have met 150+ members all in 1 spot there are a bunch in Arkansas . Needless to say u know how good ur roads are.

Join for the bike, stay for the people...

Hello everyone. John here. I have been blessed to own many a great machine, and, I am now the proud owner of a 2021 ZG with only 1010 miles on her! I'm looking forward to gaining info on the machine and meeting new members. We roll 2 up at times. Located in the heart of some of Americas most beautiful riding country in Arkansas near the PIG TAIL. Also close to Lake Ouachita. USMC Veteran, Musician, Master Mason and Schimitar Shriner. Happily married for 30 + years, and cant get enough outta livin a good life.
Welcome to Concours ownership! Thank you for your service to this great country. There is not much better than cruising through it on a C14!

Welcome to the COGdom mrredshoes.
Your gonna like it here.
COGgers are pretty good folks. (Even Konehead)

We ride Arkansas whenever we can.
Love the area.

When you get a chance, go ride with Cliff.
He'll (err) show you some roads in North Central Ark. that you may not have ridden before.
NOTE: Practice before ya show up and be prepared to grin. 🤪

,,,,,While we're waiting; below is something to keep you entertained.
{{ Below is; Jim and I playing on Push Mountain. (We couldn't keep up with Cliff).. {err; Shown in "real time"} }}

On the USMC Veteran item.
,,,,,,,,,,That's ok, I'll continue to talk to you anyway. (Fly Navy) <grin>

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Sorry, we should have warned u about connie rider (TED).... and his humble opinions.

He'll let u know sooner or later the fastest c14's are RED, like his...

Particularly look at the roads that are North of the River.
They have a few more twists. (Hint Hint).

Konehead, you can come too. (mebbe)

Ride safe, Ted

1661191212620.png

Welcome, would love to see your ride! Is that you in the avatar with yer gitfiddle? Whatcha play? Welcome aboard.
yes, thats me. mostly Guild guitars. I like them quite a bit, especially before Fender took them over. I'm versed in most styles of music. Soundcloud.com/user-340277336 for those that are interesed to hear my originals.
but back to bikes, bought her a few weeks ago from Grapevine Power Sports outside Dallas. I will just say. that was a little bit of a drive home (5 hours) so I got to learn about the machine. first shaft driven bike Ive owned. smooth and quite and runs at 3k at 65mph. avg 43.8 mpg on the ride home. 700lb of machine, I will have to start working out again lol

Attachments

• Resized_20220804_163531.jpeg
    Resized_20220804_163531.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 20220806_193122 (1).jpg
    20220806_193122 (1).jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 89
Welcome to the COGdom mrredshoes.
Your gonna like it here.
COGgers are pretty good folks. (Even Konehead)

We ride Arkansas whenever we can.
Love the area.

When you get a chance, go ride with Cliff.
He'll (err) show you some roads in North Central Ark. that you may not have ridden before.
NOTE: Practice before ya show up and be prepared to grin. 🤪

,,,,,While we're waiting; below is something to keep you entertained.
{{ Below is; Jim and I playing on Push Mountain. (We couldn't keep up with Cliff).. {err; Shown in "real time"} }}

On the USMC Veteran item.
,,,,,,,,,,That's ok, I'll continue to talk to you anyway. (Fly Navy) <grin>

Ride safe, Ted
so few people on the roads here.. Arkansas has 3 million prople in the STATE: the city im from had over that. I noticed people here do pay attention to the bikes. I can on ly say thank you in advance. nice roads there

Just wait 'til you flash the ECU, whole. New Machine.
If she ever lays down, I hear they feel like 1196 lbs then.

Last edited:
Good lookin' Connie.
Like the backrest and windshield wing.
The seat may be the Kawasaki Touring seat?
Not familiar with that trunk? Did it come with the bike?

After you get used to her, 'most everyone here will tell you to get her Flashed.
More low-end torque, smoother clutch, and more peak HP. MPG will prolly increase 3-4 mpg too.

Ride safe, Ted

I love it! Did he ever do a version of “I Like Beer…”
I kain't find where Willie ever recorded that song, so (to be different) I found a version that isn't Tom T Hall's version.
I think it's more like a group of COGgers doin' a Brewery tour.
Fer some reason, the guy in the RED Texas T-shirt reminds me of someone??

Ride safe, Ted

so few people on the roads here.. Arkansas has 3 million prople in the STATE: the city im from had over that. I noticed people here do pay attention to the bikes. I can on ly say thank you in advance. nice roads
I kain't find where Willie ever recorded that song, so (to be different) I found a version that isn't Tom T Hall's version.
I think it's more like a group of COGgers doin' a Brewery tour.
Fer some reason, the guy in the RED Texas T-shirt reminds me of someone??

Ride safe, Ted
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

thank all of you for the welcome, and back at you Big Wheel...
I s/w Cliff and looks like we will hook up soon and he will show me the ropes.

RE flashing: Looks like his name is Steve?? anyone have Steves' info??
Good lookin' Connie.
Like the backrest and windshield wing.
The seat may be the Kawasaki Touring seat?
Not familiar with that trunk? Did it come with the bike?

After you get used to her, 'most everyone here will tell you to get her Flashed.
More low-end torque, smoother clutch, and more peak HP. MPG will prolly increase 3-4 mpg too.

Ride safe, Ted
Thank you Ted. The bike came set up as is. the back luggage? bag was a large tank bag.I have since removed. The wife loves the backrest as my last bike was an R1 so, yeah
I look forward to riding with you guys. y'all sound like good honest folks. now to find some front end runing lights.

thank all of you for the welcome, and back at you Big Wheel...
I s/w Cliff and looks like we will hook up soon and he will show me the ropes.

RE flashing: Looks like his name is Steve?? anyone have Steves' info??

Thank you Ted. The bike came set up as is. the back luggage? bag was a large tank bag.I have since removed. The wife loves the backrest as my last bike was an R1 so, yeah
I look forward to riding with you guys. y'all sound like good honest folks. now to find some front end runing lights.
RE Flashing: Shoodabenengineering Steve in sunny Florida