• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Five Lakes and the River Ride [PA-MD]

4bikes

COG#9715 AAD
Greg Puterbaugh worked up this brand new ride.  On June 23rd there will be a 110 Mile ride to eat leaving the south Hanover Sheetz (in front of the Walmart) at 9:30, ending at Menges Diner in Abbottstown, This ride will conquer York County's beautiful landscape. This is truly a gorgeous part of the world-at least when the sun shines.

Here is the link to the event.  The Route sheet and GPX file will be uploaded before the ride.

https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=257308&mo=6&tDate=%7Bd%20%272019-06-09%27%7D

Greg Puterbaugh, co-AAD Md., South Central Pa.

Unfortunately, I’m not going to be riding for a while…

Attachments

• 09DB7660-5A02-4C10-AA25-9E5EF852D47C.jpeg
    09DB7660-5A02-4C10-AA25-9E5EF852D47C.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 104
  • 06CBC2E2-E577-406F-A388-0BB3B65C93D7.jpeg
    06CBC2E2-E577-406F-A388-0BB3B65C93D7.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 110
  • C5AE3C92-0CFE-4812-AE87-93D86567ABF3.jpeg
    C5AE3C92-0CFE-4812-AE87-93D86567ABF3.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 101
Teenage girl decided to pull out from behind a tractor trailer that was passing me going the opposite direction so she could pass him because he was going to slow.  Crossed the center line into my lane and hit me head on. She busted up my foot pretty bad when she hit me. They’re telling me I won’t be able to walk on it for at least three months after surgery.

Wow, that’s horrible and unavoidable which is scary.  That’s a bad injury but glad you weren’t hurt even worse. So sorry to hear about this. Hope you get well soon. It has to be hard on your family as well, so you guys take care. Let me know if you need anything.

I appreciate it! Thank goodness we have a good church family because there’s been a lot of people chipping in to help us fill in the gaps.

Sounds like you wouldn't have seen it coming until you got hit.  :-\ So sorry Wishing you a speedy recovery.

No, she must’ve been right on his bumper. It all happened so fast so my memory is suspect, but I saw her just long enough to say “oh…”, and then the impact.

Russell Fleming worked up this GPX route file and has this message....

Greg Puterbaugh worked up this brand-new ride to fill the June void.  On June 23rd there will be a 110 Mile ride leaving the south Hanover Sheetz (in front of the Walmart) at 9:30, ending at Menges Diner in Abbottstown, this ride will conquer York County's beautiful landscape. This is truly a gorgeous part of the world-at least when the sun shines.

Please download the route file prior to the ride.  :motonoises:

Attachments

• Five Lakes and the River Ride.zip
    42 KB · Views: 92