• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Fix a flat..... rear tire monitor

Yes, I'm from the other "join and pay site"  anyway, I got a flat, (08 Connie) and rode 800 miles whilst watch the tire monitor.
Get home and get a new tire put on at the dealers, rode it a 100 mile and rear tire sensor reads  - -, so i take it back and they advise that they DID NOT BREAK IT, the fix a flat did the damage!!!!! and want $150...
Seemed to be working perfect before I took it in....
Anyone had issues with fix a flat before?
Phil.

The newer cans of fix a flat claim to be sensor friendly, BUT, Fix a flat shouldn't be used in a cycle tire.

6. Why can't Fix-A-Flat® be used in bicycles, high performance, motorcycle or Z-rated tires?

Fix-A-Flat® is not intended for these type of tires.

FAF_family2.jpg

I wouldn't take a chance on it though.

Carry a plug kit and a small compressor, Or put Ride On tire protect ant in when you mount a tire. This was recommended by my dealer , it seals punctures, balance tires and will not cause any damage to the TPMS or corrode the wheels like other stuff will. It cleans up with water when you put on a new tire.

http://www.ride-on.com/motorcycles.html

Don't put any liquid products in your tire, including FixAFlat, RideOn, Slime, or any other liquid. They are all a waste of money. Tire companies will void any warranty on your tires, they will damage tire pressure sensors, and to add salt to the wound, they simply don't work, and won't seal any hole or leaks any bigger than a needle. And over time they will dry out and become useless. They also make a HUGE MESS when changing tires, and some shops will refuse to change tires on bikes that have had this kind of GUNK put in them. Not to mention that some of them (Ride On) have caused corrosion and permanent damage to the rims, and they won't pay for the damage they cause to your wheels when this happens.

The only thing you ever should put in your tires is air. If you get a nail, just plug it with a simple plug kit, which every motorcycle owner should carry on their bike, and every auto parts store sells for under $10.